Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I tested positive for Covid today

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Robert Faygo

Re: I tested positive for Covid today

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:56 pm

Glad to hear you're doing well bmw! Hopefully you've already had the worst of it and it'll just be a memory by Christmas.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:21 pm

Since statistics are getting tossed out I think there is a 1% chance the home test kit gave a false positive.

I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:30 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:56 pm
Glad to hear you're doing well bmw! Hopefully you've already had the worst of it and it'll just be a memory by Christmas.
As long as there's no lasting effects. I did notice my food tasted a bit bland today - hope that doesn't get any worse and is short-lived. Most everybody in my family who got this had some degree of smell/taste loss. And from what I've read that can take a while to come back.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:34 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:21 pm
Since statistics are getting tossed out I think there is a 1% chance the home test kit gave a false positive.
I suppose you could argue confirmation bias on my part, but for me, given my high exposure, the timing of symptoms, the nature of the symptoms, and now the positive result - I'm putting those odds at near zero.

Now hopefully my immunity will work against the new variant...just my luck that I finally get some immunity and then a new variant comes along that causes higher re-infection rates. Hopefully the early indications regarding the lack of severity of this new variant end up panning out.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:02 pm

It almost seems like a designer virus how picks on some.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:25 pm

When did you notice the loss of taste/smell?

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:58 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:25 pm
When did you notice the loss of taste/smell?
His Trump Flakes didn't have the familiar cardboardy taste.

:blink

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:21 pm

I know of 6 people that have got Covid in my circle in the last 6 months. 1 person was vaxxed and the other 5 were not vaxxed. The ones that were not vaxxed believe the 2020 election was stolen and that the government cannot tell them what to do, so just for that they are not getting the vaccine despite any kind of medical info/science. 1 person that was not vaxxed had it really bad, ventilator, extended hospital stay. Best of luck in your fight bmw, hopefully it's just mild.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:22 pm

Godspeed!

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:06 pm

The thing to keep in mind is that it can get worse right after you feel better. Monoclonal antibodies really do work.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:34 am

Deleted due to repost
Last edited by TC Talks on Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:34 am

Please be careful and not spread it to others. I hope you don't end up in the hospital for your sake of course but also for the sake of those working at the hospital. Putting your situation into perspective, this is what has happened in the last week in my County. No one that went on a ventilator has lived in the last 2 months.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:44 am

Reagan4prez wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:37 am
bmw wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:34 am
Reagan4prez wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:44 am
Thankfully, you are one of the 98.2% of known COVID-19 patients to survive. Since the number of infections is much higher than those that get tested and report, the number is higher than 98.2%.
In my age group, the reported mortality rate is actually only 0.3%, though higher in males than females for whatever reason. Accounting for the non-reported cases, that number falls to closer to 0.1%. I admit that even a 1 in 1,000 chance of dying is higher than what I'd like, but some of that 0.1% is in people with one or more underlying conditions (estimates I've seen say your risk goes up 2.5x with 1 underlying condition and 4x with 2 or more), which I don't have, so my odds look quite good.

The difference in age groups is striking. I think I've noted this stat in here before - but 5% of all Covid deaths are people under 50; the other 95% are over 50.
I'm happy people on here have been civil and cordial about your decision to not get vaccinated. They're not as nice to people in the public who get COVID. They wish death on them and dance on their graves.
Since when does a pile of human garbage like yourself care about being "civil and cordial"? You've wished death on gays and transsexuals and slurred black people. You've been banned multiple times for this, yet you come back to post because you are so devoid of any semblance of real life, the only "relationships" you have with others is on a website where the vast majority of posters don't want you.

The censorship king from out of state.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:24 am

BMW, how are you today?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:41 am

I'm about the same. Case remains mild. Fever without the influence of Advil/Tylenol sits at about 100.2 degrees. Blood oxygen remains at 97, sometimes 98%. My baseline before I got sick was about a point higher between 98 and 99.

Severity of symptoms sit at about a 3 out of 10.

The closest thing I can compare my experience to is a typical flu that has about 1/2 the severity as normal, combined with the stuffiness of a mild cold. I'm reasonably confident I'm going to get through this mostly unscathed. But I know things CAN still turn for the worse. But so far so good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic