Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Salvation Army ditched by donors and volunteers after disastrous release of 'anti-racism' guide

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Salvation Army ditched by donors and volunteers after disastrous release of 'anti-racism' guide

Post by audiophile » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:39 am

This what happens when people like Traverse City Tom infiltrate your organization or worse are hired to give advice.

This is also what happens when great organizations and churches veer from their central mission and try to get involved in silly political wokeness.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/salva ... d=msedgntp

PS I could saved them a lot of trouble releasing my own guide of three words: "Just Be Colorblind". For more information see Martin Luther King.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Re: Salvation Army ditched by donors and volunteers after disastrous release of 'anti-racism' guide

Post by Rate This » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:16 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:39 am
This what happens when people like Traverse City Tom infiltrate your organization or worse are hired to give advice.

This is also what happens when great organizations and churches veer from their central mission and try to get involved in silly political wokeness.

PS I could saved them a lot of trouble releasing my own guide of three words: "Just Be Colorblind". For more information see Martin Luther King.
There are plenty of right wing churches that need your advice. For them Christianity is a means to a political end. In fact many evangelicals are less tied to Jesus than they are the movements connection to the GOP.

Colonel Flagg

Re: Salvation Army ditched by donors and volunteers after disastrous release of 'anti-racism' guide

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:42 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:16 pm
audiophile wrote:

There are plenty of right wing churches that need your advice. For them Christianity is a means to a political end. In fact many evangelicals are less tied to Jesus than they are the movements connection to the GOP.
Whataboutism. Brilliant. :smokin
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:27 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:42 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:16 pm
audiophile wrote:

Whataboutism. Brilliant. :smokin
Merely pointing out that he seems to believe this is a problem only with supposed “wokeness” it’s a broad problem encompassing views from BOTH SIDES.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:16 pm

audiophile wrote:

MLK shared most of the same ideals as Malcolm X and certainly wasn't a believer in being color blind. Wow.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:29 pm

MLK seems pretty clear to me:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:31 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:29 pm
MLK seems pretty clear to me:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
Fantastic. That’s hardly a picture of the man.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:39 am

audiophile wrote:

Most of the ecumenical community in Traverse City avoids the salvation army because of their beliefs about lgbtq issues. They're widely regarded as being a bit bigoted and they have their supporters. But they're not a collaborative organization with the rest of the community. Frankly, the organization I'm affiliated with wants nothing to do with them.

We have a lot of problems with homophobic parents emotionally abusing their kids in the poor ignorant rural areas surrounding Traverse City.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:56 am

I doubt bell ringer shortages are due to this obscure guide that almost no one outside of the organization knew about.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic