Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

When can we start calling this a pandemic of the vaccinated?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: When can we start calling this a pandemic of the vaccinated?

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:51 am

km1125 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:49 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:02 pm
83 people died in Michigan this week BMW, how many should you take credit for?
Wonder how many actually got any early treatment, vs being told to "go home until you can't breathe"?
On the flip side, how many were too fucking stupid and did NOT get vaccinated?
Last edited by Matt on Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:04 am

I'd keep an eye on statistics from Singapore and Portugal. Those are among the countries with the highest vax rates.

I agree with something bmw stated earlier - the vaccinations have not worked as well as touted in terms of reducing COVID infection or death.

That being said, other than those with a history of vax allergies, I still see very little downside risk in receiving the vaccine and very significant benefit in terms of reducing risk of severe illness.

As the virus morphs, the vaccine will likely need to be updated, similar to the influenza vaccine.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:05 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:04 am
I'd keep an eye on statistics from Singapore and Portugal. Those are among the countries with the highest vax rates.

I agree with something bmw stated earlier - the vaccinations have not worked as well as touted in terms of reducing COVID infection or death.

That being said, other than those with a history of vax allergies, I still see very little downside risk in receiving the vaccine and very significant benefit in terms of reducing risk of severe illness.

As the virus morphs, the vaccine will likely need to be updated, similar to the influenza vaccine.
My question is would such a yearly shot be more worthwhile to get than the flu shot? Folks ignore the flu shot en masse already.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:34 am

Singapore's data is certainly interesting. A population of 5.6 million and thus far a cumulative death toll of 667. Compare that to say Michigan where our total is 24,900, when adjusted for population they've only had 5% the deaths per capita that we have. Of those 667 deaths, only 30 occurred before the vaccine came out - so they supposedly got through all of 2020 with only 30 Covid-related deaths in a population of over 5 million (making it difficult to necessarily attribute their success to the vaccine). Worthy of note, their mask-wearing rate has been over 90% since just about day 1, and their vaccination rate is just over 88 percent.

It should also be pointed out that Singapore has one big thing going for it - its relative isolation from the rest of the world. Singapore is an island nation at the southern tip of Malaysia which is also a relatively isolated country. So Singapore can certainly strictly control the flow of people into their country.

Nevertheless, they should be a good case study for just how long a combination of high vaccination, high mask wearing, and world isolation can keep Covid at bay. Their numbers will indeed be interesting to watch in the coming months.

Portugal has nearly as high of a vaccination rate, though they appear to be just entering their delta wave. Projections are for their cases to peak mid-winter. We'll see how high those go. Their vaccination rate is in the mid-80s.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:44 pm

My sister let me know that someone we went to high school with now has natural immunity from covid. This woman had fluid on her heart and leaves behind 3 young children. She chose not to be vaccinated - this is a horrific tragedy that was avoidable. The deceased was 36.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:57 pm

People in their 30s are some of the most common dying in this fourth wave.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:10 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:57 pm
Do you mean achieving permanent natural immunity instead of dying?

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:
This site needs a forum dedicated solely to fact-checking your BS claims.

Sept-Oct-Nov
Age 30-39 - 232 deaths
All Ages - 10,338 deaths
Percentage - 2.24%

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... /index.htm

People in their 30s compose 13.6% of the population, and thus, are 6x less likely than a random person pulled out of the entire population to die from Covid.

So if by "most common" you mean 1 in 45 people, then you are correct.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:39 pm

Why don't you come back to us with some real stats not your voodoo crap. The way you manipulate things I don't trust anything you put out here anymore because it's all lies.

As soon as they are published I will share with you the information for Grand Traverse County where 30 to 50 year olds are dead at an unprecedented level.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:15 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:36 pm
TC Talks wrote:
This site needs a forum dedicated solely to fact-checking your BS claims.

Sept-Oct-Nov
Age 30-39 - 232 deaths
All Ages - 10,338 deaths
Percentage - 2.24%

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... /index.htm

People in their 30s compose 13.6% of the population, and thus, are 6x less likely than a random person pulled out of the entire population to die from Covid.

So if by "most common" you mean 1 in 45 people, then you are correct.
Didn't you predict 200 deaths total?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:19 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:44 pm
My sister let me know that someone we went to high school with now has natural immunity from covid. This woman had fluid on her heart and leaves behind 3 young children. She chose not to be vaccinated - this is a horrific tragedy that was avoidable. The deceased was 36.
A guy I didn’t get along with when I briefly worked for U of M after the railroad didn’t work out was vehemently anti-Covid restrictions and vaccines. He died of Covid Monday at 55.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:24 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:39 pm
Why don't you come back to us with some real stats not your voodoo crap.
You're a real piece of work :lol - I linked you directly to raw CDC data, what else do you want? It would literally take you 30 seconds to verify the data I posted if you don't believe it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:26 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:15 pm
I've addressed this at least 3 different times in here, yet people keep bringing that up. I made that prediction at a time when Dr. Faucci was telling us that we need not worry about Covid in the US. At that time, I didn't know anything about Dr. Faucci, and I had no reason to doubt him. Are you suggesting I should have known at that point in time that he was a quack?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:59 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:26 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:15 pm
I've addressed this at least 3 different times in here, yet people keep bringing that up. I made that prediction at a time when Dr. Faucci was telling us that we need not worry about Covid in the US. At that time, I didn't know anything about Dr. Faucci, and I had no reason to doubt him. Are you suggesting I should have known at that point in time that he was a quack?
One would figure you knew predicting this sort of thing is a fools errand in the first place…

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:17 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:04 am

No, the vaccine still does extremely well to protect against death. That especially holds for those without compromised immune systems and also for those without comorbidities.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic