Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rittenhouse NOT GUILTY on all counts

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Rittenhouse NOT GUILTY on all counts

Post by bmw » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:08 pm

About all I'll say about this is based on the video footage I saw, this appears to be the correct verdict. 3 days into deliberations I was beginning to wonder if this was headed towards a hung jury. But nope - all 12 jurors agreed that he's not guilty on every count brought against him.

craig11152

Re: Rittenhouse NOT GUILTY on all counts

Post by craig11152 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:14 pm

I saw a hung jury as the best the prosecutor could hope for.

It's hard to ignore that he was running away from his pursuers until he was cornered or fell down.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:18 pm

Seems like the correct outcome. Will the prosecutor be charged for prosecutorial mispractice or jury intimidation?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:50 pm

Will President Biden be sued for slandering the young man as a "white supremacist"? When will politicians learn to shut their pieholes in ongoing/potential legal cases? Let the legal system take it's course, stay out of it, and stop pandering for votes.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:44 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:50 pm
Will President Biden be sued for slandering the young man as a "white supremacist"? When will politicians learn to shut their pieholes in ongoing/potential legal cases? Let the legal system take it's course, stay out of it, and stop pandering for votes.
Kind of odd Biden would call him a racist when all three of the guys he shot were white. Does Biden have a dossier on him?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:47 pm

Biden is doing what he is told.

How is Biden's slanderous speech somehow better then Trump's mean tweets?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:48 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:50 pm
Beating a murder rap and being a white supremacist are not mutually exclusive conditions. One can be party to both...

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:02 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:48 pm
Beating a murder rap and being a white supremacist are not mutually exclusive conditions. One can be party to both...
I don't know whether to be angry that there are people who think like you do on this or if I should instead laugh at your utter stupidity and be glad you're only in a minority.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:10 pm

By Lester's logic there must be a bunch of Black supremacists in Chicago then. Black people are killing other black people every weekend.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:14 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:10 pm
By Lester's logic there must be a bunch of Black supremacists in Chicago then. Black people are killing other black people every weekend.
Or trying to...

The success rate is not great.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:15 pm

Bryce wrote:
You're assuming Les even knows that all the "victims" in the Rittenhouse case are white.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:20 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:15 pm
Bryce wrote:
You're assuming Les even knows that all the "victims" in the Rittenhouse case are white.
I think the racist angle is based on the fact that the kid was at George Floyd protests. It's a lazy suggestion, but that is where it's coming from.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:32 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:14 pm
Bryce wrote:
Or trying to...

The success rate is not great.
They make up for it in volume.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:39 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:20 pm
bmw wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:15 pm
Bryce wrote:
I think the racist angle is based on the fact that the kid was at George Floyd protests. It's a lazy suggestion, but that is where it's coming from.
That doesn't even make sense though. So the 3 white people he shot are supposed to be White Supremacists also?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:41 pm

I've concluded that most of the people who are in the minority of people who are pissed off about this verdict are the same people who think that leftist mobs have a right to not only protest, but riot and loot as well, and think that this right is exclusive to leftist mobs. And anybody who fights back against these mobs shall not be tolerated. These people see no culpability whatsoever in the people who were causing trouble to begin with. Why? Because the people causing trouble were leftists. It really is that simple. Political ideology trumps rule of law for these deranged minds.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic