Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Far left nutjobs in Congress may sink Biden's entire legislative agenda

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Far left nutjobs in Congress may sink Biden's entire legislative agenda

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:47 am

The far left has already sunk the $1 trillion stimulus bill. Now they're threatening to sink the other $3.5 trillion as well if they can't get their way.
Joe Manchin is opposed to a centerpiece of his party's climate plans. Fellow Dems say they might withhold their votes in response.
Manchin's dug-in stance against sweeping climate provisions is landing with a thud among his colleagues...

Democrats have made clear they see addressing climate change as a moral imperative that must be tackled in this legislation. Should Manchin remain this entrenched, there's the very real risk that rank-and-file Dems simply won't accept the final bill.
https://www.politico.com/minutes/congre ... ing-today/

I'm not yet convinced that Manchin will continue to hold out, but I'm hoping he does. If he does, and if there aren't the votes to pass a watered down bill, then the entirety of Biden's agenda of $4.5 trillion worth of spending may all go up in flames.

My question is this - is the far left intentionally trying to sink Joe Biden's presidency? Or are they really just the stubborn ideologues they portray themselves as?

Matt

Re: Far left nutjobs in Congress may sink Biden's entire legislative agenda

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:10 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:47 am
The far left has already sunk the $1 trillion stimulus bill. Now they're threatening to sink the other $3.5 trillion as well if they can't get their way.
Joe Manchin is opposed to a centerpiece of his party's climate plans. Fellow Dems say they might withhold their votes in response.
Manchin's dug-in stance against sweeping climate provisions is landing with a thud among his colleagues...

Democrats have made clear they see addressing climate change as a moral imperative that must be tackled in this legislation. Should Manchin remain this entrenched, there's the very real risk that rank-and-file Dems simply won't accept the final bill.
https://www.politico.com/minutes/congre ... ing-today/

I'm not yet convinced that Manchin will continue to hold out, but I'm hoping he does. If he does, and if there aren't the votes to pass a watered down bill, then the entirety of Biden's agenda of $4.5 trillion worth of spending may all go up in flames.

My question is this - is the far left intentionally trying to sink Joe Biden's presidency? Or are they really just the stubborn ideologues they portray themselves as?
Good. And yes to both of your questions. It sucks having to rely on Manchin and Sinema, because idiot Trump handed 2 senate seats in Georgia to the democrats.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:14 pm

Also a yes to both. The progressives wanted Bernie so it makes sense that they would want Biden to fail and yes, they want a society of people relying on the Government for handouts.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:20 am

Either the far left nutjobs will sink it, or the Republicans will sink it. What is the difference?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic