Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Colin Powell dead

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Colin Powell dead

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:11 am

As to the question of whether Powell would still be alive if he weren't vaccinated, this question has a 2-part answer:

First - would he have contracted Covid in the first place? We don't know. We have no idea how many Covid precautions he stopped taking once he got vaccinated. A lot of vaccinated people seem to have a false sense of safety once they get their 2 shots.

Second - would he have survived Covid had he gotten it? I'd say the odds were against him, but this answer is not 100% certain. We don't know a number of things, like how long did he wait to get tested, how long did he wait to go to the hospital, what kind of treatment did he get, etc. We don't know how the fact that he was fully vaccinated may have led him to react differently when he actually got sick.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:17 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:09 am
Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:02 am
The idiocy of the anti-vaxxers knows no bounds.
99% of the people you label as such are not anti-vax, they are anti Trump's Operation Warp Speed, experimental at best, vaccines. There's a reason it normally takes ten years to get a vaccine approved. No Republican or Democrat, with the exception of Dr. Rand Paul, can possibly fully understand that.
If you don't get the vaccine, you are, BY DEFINITION, anti-vax. These vaccines have been under development since the anthrax attacks in 2001.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:19 am

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:22 am

As to his public service, the War in Iraq was hardly what I'd call a success, and there seems to be strong evidence that Powell at worst, outright lied, and at best, was intentionally deceptive in making the case for the war.

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/06/lie ... ld-the-un/

In hindsight, I cannot say that Powell served his country well.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:30 am

I partially agree BMW, and that's why I said "mostly" with Colin on policy. He was not perfect...

Oh, he looks like he was running the roads frequently after vaccination.

He may have been one of those vaccine "careless" persons.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:52 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:30 am
...Oh, he looks like he was running the roads frequently after vaccination.

He may have been one of those vaccine "careless" persons.
If that is the case, I wonder if the same people in here who insisted that Hermain Cain got what he had coming to him for being allegedly careless by being in crowds and not wearing a mask will come in here and argue that Powell got what he had coming for being careless by foregoing other reasonable measures to prevent getting sick once he got vaccinated? I won't hold my breath.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:12 am

audiophile wrote:
He may have been one of those vaccinated people who was exposed by unvaccinated selfish, "careless" persons.
FIFY

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:23 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:12 am
audiophile wrote:
He may have been one of those vaccinated people who was exposed by unvaccinated selfish, "careless" persons.
FIFY
Interesting FIFY edit coming from someone who persistently claims that it doesn't matter who is right or wrong on this topic.

In all seriousness, we have no idea how he contracted it or who he contracted it from. What IS undisputed is that he was vaccinated, caught Covid, and died. Those are the only known facts at this time.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:14 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:02 am
The idiocy of the anti-vaxxers knows no bounds.
Let's just say for a second that everyone that's not vaxxed gets vaxxed in the next month or so.

Then what? Start over again in January with boosters for everyone and hope you can get through the whole population before you need to start again mid-year?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:15 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:59 am
How about you go fuck yourself.
Gotta be honest dude, you're literally one of the most childish people I have encountered on this board.

How did that whole "slap the shit out of obama thing go"? Why'd you delete your pof? :rollin

Grown-ups though...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/anti- ... d=msedgntp

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:15 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:23 am
Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:12 am
audiophile wrote:
FIFY
Interesting FIFY edit coming from someone who persistently claims that it doesn't matter who is right or wrong on this topic.

In all seriousness, we have no idea how he contracted it or who he contracted it from. What IS undisputed is that he was vaccinated, caught Covid, and died. Those are the only known facts at this time.
It doesn't matter who is right, but there is enough evidence that the vaccine helps stave off serious illness in most cases.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:10 pm

Looks like Matt is one of the only ones here, not trying to score cheap political point off the tragic death of a great American

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:34 pm

He had blood cancer in addition to COVID-19. Big ol' red flag, vaccinated or not.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:35 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:10 pm
Looks like Matt is one of the only ones here, not trying to score cheap political point off the tragic death of a great American
Not every one agrees he was a great American. In fact, most people on the far left thought back in the day that he was a liar and that his lies led to unnecessary deaths. At the time, I was a full supporter of the Iraq war, but as time has gone on, I've rethought that position.

Even today, Iraqis aren't particularly fond of Powell either. https://www.usnews.com/news/world/artic ... n-iraq-war

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:09 pm

Whether they agreed with his politics or not, any fair minded person would have to admit that Powell always put the interests of his country ahead of his own, narrow political interests.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic