Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Insurrection?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Insurrection?

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:26 am

HD74 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:00 am
BMW, I watched that shit unfold live. That you can deny what everybody saw makes any comments you have here meaningless. Kindly crawl back under your rock. And yes, I have finally replied to one of your comments.
What specifically have I denied that factually occurred? An "insurrection" by definition, according to Merriam-Webster, is "a usually violent attempt to take control of a government." There is no evidence that the people involved did what they did with the literal intent of taking over the government. And even if that was their intent, their chances of success were absolute zero.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:13 pm

The people who broke into the Capitol AND the violent leftist protesters are BOTH shit. This isn't a difficult concept to grasp. Enough of the what aboutism.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:55 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:38 am
Bryce wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:41 am
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:05 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:19 pm
it must be really tough for bryce to go through life not knowing the difference between apple juice and orange juice.
Exactly. If Bryce couldn't use "whataboutism" as a reply for everything, more often than not totally out of context, he would not have a thing to post.
OK, explain to me how the events at the Capitol were a bigger threat to our democracy than police departments being ordered to stand down as cities burned, stores were looted and people were beaten and shot.

Doesn't matter which kind on juice you're drinking if they both have been pissed in.
There are similarities and differences here, but ultimately, the protests were much less of a "threat to democracy" than having a bunch of idiots literally taking possession of the halls of congress.

Like when you look at it, on both sides, there were people who used activist strategies to manipulate people to action. Both were destructive. But on ones side you had an exiting president participating in winding up these idiots while on the other, the leaders were hucksters who understand how to rile up people already upset about conditions that also knew how to not let a good tragedy go to waste. In the case of the Capitol, the people who busted in didn't really appear to have a valid purpose. They just appeared to have an entitledness about them that they believed they should be able to do these things because the guy they voted for lost. The basis for the protests was more understandable because its not unknown that black people are often harassed and abused by the police in the US. So when were considering "threat to democracy". I gotta be honest and say it seems a bigger threat when a president who just lost a damn election holds a role in whipping up these people.

Now as to police standing down, that isn't a novel concept. Risk assessment is important, and to consider whether using force or letting things cool down would be the best idea seems rational. The police couldn't really do that in the Capitol. At the Capitol, these idiots were literally going into offices, going into where our laws were made, they were on a damn hunt for lawmakers. At the protests, there were buildings burnt and people beaten, but cops being ordered to stand down doesn't appear to be a threat to democracy.
Only a dangerous moron would justify the rioting, looting, and burning of our cities. Many of those businesses will never return. I wouldn't either. The people who live in the community, and can't afford to leave, are the ones left to suffer. But hey, fuck them, right?

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:22 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:13 pm
Enough of the what aboutism.
No. Not enough.

So much of the "thinking" of this country is shaped by what and how big tech and the mainstream media reports, or chooses not to report.

It can swing elections. It can ruin reputations. It can turn a false narrative into a perceived fact. It needs to be called out on every turn.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:14 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:55 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:38 am
Bryce wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:41 am
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:05 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:19 pm
it must be really tough for bryce to go through life not knowing the difference between apple juice and orange juice.
Exactly. If Bryce couldn't use "whataboutism" as a reply for everything, more often than not totally out of context, he would not have a thing to post.
OK, explain to me how the events at the Capitol were a bigger threat to our democracy than police departments being ordered to stand down as cities burned, stores were looted and people were beaten and shot.

Doesn't matter which kind on juice you're drinking if they both have been pissed in.
There are similarities and differences here, but ultimately, the protests were much less of a "threat to democracy" than having a bunch of idiots literally taking possession of the halls of congress.

Like when you look at it, on both sides, there were people who used activist strategies to manipulate people to action. Both were destructive. But on ones side you had an exiting president participating in winding up these idiots while on the other, the leaders were hucksters who understand how to rile up people already upset about conditions that also knew how to not let a good tragedy go to waste. In the case of the Capitol, the people who busted in didn't really appear to have a valid purpose. They just appeared to have an entitledness about them that they believed they should be able to do these things because the guy they voted for lost. The basis for the protests was more understandable because its not unknown that black people are often harassed and abused by the police in the US. So when were considering "threat to democracy". I gotta be honest and say it seems a bigger threat when a president who just lost a damn election holds a role in whipping up these people.

Now as to police standing down, that isn't a novel concept. Risk assessment is important, and to consider whether using force or letting things cool down would be the best idea seems rational. The police couldn't really do that in the Capitol. At the Capitol, these idiots were literally going into offices, going into where our laws were made, they were on a damn hunt for lawmakers. At the protests, there were buildings burnt and people beaten, but cops being ordered to stand down doesn't appear to be a threat to democracy.
Only a dangerous moron would justify the rioting, looting, and burning of our cities. Many of those businesses will never return. I wouldn't either. The people who live in the community, and can't afford to leave, are the ones left to suffer. But hey, fuck them, right?
Bryce is being whiny and couldn't explain how it was a threat to our democracy, but I was wondering if you could?

Just because people re doing shitty things out of anger doesn't mean its a threat to our democracy. When you're in the place where laws are written and our lawmakers are having to head toward a secure area? That's a threat to democracy. When some cars and buildings are being damaged? That is not a threat to democracy.

I don't understand why the difference between criminal activity and a threat to democracy needs to be explained, but here we are.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:18 pm

Oh yeah km1125, just a happy field trip, I’m sure foxnews described it just as that...🤮
That cop who was getting crushed in the door, why he was just handing out visitor pamphlets. The gallows erected for Mike Pence? Naw, that was just a swing set they didn’t have time to finish...
What color is the sky on your planet?

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:22 pm

HD74 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:18 pm
Oh yeah km1125, just a happy field trip, I’m sure foxnews described it just as that...🤮
That cop who was getting crushed in the door, why he was just handing out visitor pamphlets. The gallows erected for Mike Pence? Naw, that was just a swing set they didn’t have time to finish...
It's amazing.....I almost think these idiots believe what they post. They actually see something with their own eyes, but Trump tells them differently, and they accept his lies.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:44 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:22 pm
HD74 wrote:
It's amazing.....I almost think these idiots believe what they post. They actually see something with their own eyes, but Trump tells them differently, and they accept his lies.
Anti-vaxxers and Trump ballwashers are playing 3-d chess just like their hero. The rest of us are going to look like 🤡 when Trump is reinstated.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:09 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:44 pm
Honeyman wrote:
HD74 wrote:
Anti-vaxxers and Trump ballwashers are playing 3-d chess just like their hero. The rest of us are going to look like 🤡 when Trump is reinstated.
I know he won't get reinstated, but 2024 scares the fuck out of me. 2 out of 3 Republicans think the election was rigged. If this motherfucker runs again and wins?!?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:33 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:09 pm
If this motherfucker runs again and wins?!?
Well that's what you get for nominating and electing a walking corpse with a VP who has the IQ of a house plant.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:42 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:33 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Well that's what you get for nominating and electing a walking corpse with a VP who has the IQ of a house plant.
Not a Democrat, but why don't "you" run somebody with a trace of morals and respectability? Why have you let your party be completely controlled by a reality show charlatan?

Christ, I'd love a real choice. Is there somebody even close to John McCains character in the GOP?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:47 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
HD74 wrote:
I know he won't get reinstated, but 2024 scares the fuck out of me. 2 out of 3 Republicans think the election was rigged. If this motherfucker runs again and wins?!?
yea but Biden isn't exactly the cat's meow. So if 2024 becomes Trump-Biden II, Trump could pull it out.

What amazes me is that both Trump and Biden are pretty poor selections for the highest office in the land, but so much energy goes into defending them. This boomer mentality of defending our guy is so bizarre.
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:42 pm
bmw wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Not a Democrat, but why don't "you" run somebody with a trace of morals and respectability?
I wouldn't even mind someone with checkered morals and respectability if they could get the job done.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:53 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:47 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
HD74 wrote:
yea but Biden isn't exactly the cat's meow. So if 2024 becomes Trump-Biden II, Trump could pull it out.

What amazes me is that both Trump and Biden are pretty poor selections for the highest office in the land, but so much energy goes into defending them. This boomer mentality of defending our guy is so bizarre.
Honeyman wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:42 pm
bmw wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Not a Democrat, but why don't "you" run somebody with a trace of morals and respectability?
I wouldn't even mind someone with checkered morals and respectability if they could get the job done.
100%. I've been forced to vote lesser of two evils my entire life, and usually pull the third party ticket. Just once I'd like to vote for somebody I could believe in.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:47 pm

bmw wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
You're being a little unkind to house plants here. When they are watered, they do what they are supposed to: they grow. When the current VP is given "jobs", nothing happens. When the VP is "watered", she uses that act to advance her career.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:04 pm

For what it is worth, Trump isn't my first choice for 2024. But I can tell you that if either Biden or Harris are on the ticket that I will vote for Trump without so much as batting an eye.

My first choice, and I think I said this several months ago in here, would be for Rand Paul. He's closely aligned with my views on Covid and government's role re: Covid and he's one of the few Republicans who I think actually care about fiscal responsibility.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic