Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Covid skyrocketing in Singapore despite 83% vaccination rate

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Re: Covid skyrocketing in Singapore despite 83% vaccination rate

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:58 pm

Vaccinated "breakthrough" or unvaccinated, why not treat cases early with therapeutics? If the hospitals were overrun, and indeed there may be some areas where they are, why not use therapeutics to lessen symptoms to the point that they won't have to go to ICU? Do we wait for early cancer to spread to the point where they are almost at the point of needing hospice? Do we do that with AIDS? Of course not. If doctors suspect that a person has a Strep, Staph, or other bacterial infection, do they wait until they have a 102 degree fever? Of course not. They prescribe antibiotics and monitor for resistance. What is going on here? Does Medical Economics explain it?

Have you ever noticed that doctors don't even want to help you anymore unless you now have a Physical EVERY SIX MONTHS? And always want follow ups, even when things are obviously OK? The Medical and Health Care system are rapidly becoming corrupt, and all about money, rather than care. One thing you might notice, they want to diagnose multiple maladies, because insurance pays more for multiple maladies. Insurance and Administration and such things as the ACA, HIPAA, and EHR, are also rapidly increasing costs.

There are plenty of maladies to go around, where all that shouldn't be necessary.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:38 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:03 am
No, we really should be spending the bulk of our efforts learning to TREAT it EFFECTIVELY.
The hospitals are already overflowing with people who are being treated. Using your logic the rest of ust should be striving to get in there for treatment too, instead of trying to prevent infection.
If they actually TREATED people early in the infection instead of telling them to "go home until you can't breathe", then we'd avoid a whole lot of folks EVER getting into an ICU unit or getting critical, and their hospital stays would be minimal.
bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:51 am
Alaska - 133 ICU beds, 118 in use
West Virginia - 651 ICU beds, 541 in use
Idaho - 340 ICU beds, 303 in use
Wyoming - 138 ICO beds, 89 in use
North Dakota - 209 ICU beds, 136 in use
Montana - 233 ICU beds, 208 in use
And how many MORE beds would be available if they had full staffing? (instead of 'encouraging' folks to quit??)

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:07 pm

The natural immunity bullshit is a strange hill to die on.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:13 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:07 pm
I ain't gonna die from Covid. Hill or not.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:44 pm

Matt wrote:

It's pretty simple, Matt. Find someone to infect you, go to the hospital for a few weeks. Back home again to recuperate for a few more weeks. Bingo. You now have natural immunity. Or, as the experts call it, "herd mentality."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2 ... 6170c01dde

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:05 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:13 pm
Matt wrote:
You also haven't posted 548,634 words about how great natural immunity is.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:07 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:05 pm
Bryce wrote:
Matt wrote:
You also haven't posted 548,634 words about how great natural immunity is.
Just because I choose not to pontificate, I seldom talk to brick walls either, doesn't mean I don't agree.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:16 pm

So Matt, TT - would either of you care to explain why daily Covid cases are through the roof in a country with an 83% vaccination rate? If the vaccine is so great, why are case numbers nearly as high per-capita as we were here in Michigan when nobody was vaccinated? I mean, 83% is basically a herd immunity threshold that should have all but stopped Covid in its tracks. But it didn't.

So you keep mocking me for believing that natural immunity (or even a better vaccine) is the ONLY way out of the pandemic, and I'll keep pointing out examples where it is impossible for the Covid numbers we're seeing to exist if the vaccine was as great as you all say it is supposed to be.

To be CRYSTAL CLEAR - I don't want it to be this way. Natural immunity is obviously not an ideal solution. But I'm not going to sit here and sing Kumbaya as if the current crop of vaccines are a gift from God that will end the pandemic. I sometimes feel like I'm one of the few people being REALISTIC about the situation we're in. If you want to continue living in denial and pretending that the vaccine will end Covid and keep ignoring the mounting evidence that is contrary to your beliefs then so be it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:39 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:16 pm
So Matt, TT - would either of you care to explain why daily Covid cases are through the roof in a country with an 83% vaccination rate? If the vaccine is so great, why are case numbers nearly as high per-capita as we were here in Michigan when nobody was vaccinated? I mean, 83% is basically a herd immunity threshold that should have all but stopped Covid in its tracks. But it didn't.

So you keep mocking me for believing that natural immunity (or even a better vaccine) is the ONLY way out of the pandemic, and I'll keep pointing out examples where it is impossible for the Covid numbers we're seeing to exist if the vaccine was as great as you all say it is supposed to be.

To be CRYSTAL CLEAR - I don't want it to be this way. Natural immunity is obviously not an ideal solution. But I'm not going to sit here and sing Kumbaya as if the current crop of vaccines are a gift from God that will end the pandemic. I sometimes feel like I'm one of the few people being REALISTIC about the situation we're in. If you want to continue living in denial and pretending that the vaccine will end Covid and keep ignoring the mounting evidence that is contrary to your beliefs then so be it.
It doesn't matter what any of us think. It doesn't matter who is right. Vaccines are not perfect, but they're not a net-negative either. I got my flu shot today, something I've done for about a decade after getting knocked on my ass with the flu in 2011 at 28. The flu shot isn't perfect, and neither is the covid shot. Covid is about to become endemic (I think it likely is already), and it is not going away. We need people to start living again - mass vaccination seems to be the best possible route to that point. We need to take back both houses next year, lest we become a police state like Australia. The future of this country is at stake, and too many anti-vaxxers are not seeing the big picture.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:03 pm

If the vaccinations are really the only way to get through this, and the vaccinations expire before a year is over (well, that's almost a certainty as the last reports are anywhere between 6 and 8 months)....

Have the vaxxers realized that we need to start vaccinating folks at ONE MILLION A DAY to keep up? First, we need to get that last ~20-30 percent but as all the current vaxxes are expiring we need to do those booster shots. We need to get through over 300 million each and every year. Forever. That's six days a week, every single week, NO BREAKS doing ONE MILLION A DAY.

Forever.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:20 pm

Sort of like, if masks are so important, why don't they work?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:52 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:03 pm
If the vaccinations are really the only way to get through this, and the vaccinations expire before a year is over (well, that's almost a certainty as the last reports are anywhere between 6 and 8 months)....

Have the vaxxers realized that we need to start vaccinating folks at ONE MILLION A DAY to keep up? First, we need to get that last ~20-30 percent but as all the current vaxxes are expiring we need to do those booster shots. We need to get through over 300 million each and every year. Forever. That's six days a week, every single week, NO BREAKS doing ONE MILLION A DAY.

Forever.
Multiply that by $20 a dose, and you're talking $7.3 billion a year. That in and of itself should help explain where some of the motives lie.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:46 am

I notice that there is no breakdown of deaths or ICU bed usage from Singapore. I wonder why that is. Could be the vaccines are keeping people out of the hospital? Could it be that masks are working? Shock!

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:40 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:46 am
I notice that there is no breakdown of deaths or ICU bed usage from Singapore. I wonder why that is. Could be the vaccines are keeping people out of the hospital? YES Could it be that masks are working? NO Shock!
Answered in quote...

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:23 am

Bryce wrote:
Matt wrote:
Such a Chad. Gonna bodyslam COVID right out of his system.

Off-topic, out of the last decade of seeing Bryce on this board, for some reason I always picture him looking like Gordon Ramsay. Dunno why I bring that up but its true.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic