Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Health young adult dies from Vaccine-Induced Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Health young adult dies from Vaccine-Induced Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:56 pm

jadednihilist wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:51 pm
Even if your extrapolations are accurate - vaccine-related deaths are orders of magnitude lower than natural COVID infections. According to CDC data, 185.5 million people are fully vaccinated. If between 10k and 100k died from vaccine-related illness (which is a really generous upper estimate), the death rate would still be 0.005-0.05%. From a risk analysis perspective, it's still a no-brainer to get the shots.
Ah, I was waiting for somebody to make that point. And your point is not well-taken in the particular 30-39 age group we're talking about here. And I point this out because the vast majority of anecdotal threads and posts in here of unvaccinated people dying from Covid consists largely of young people, and these aren't the people who are generally dying.

Total population in this age group is about 45 million people. Per the CDC, total deaths in this age group stands at 10,324. That amounts to 1 in 4359 people in this age group dying from covid, or 0.023%. Moreover, from what I've read, VITT is far more common in women, and in particular, young women. So from a risk analysis perspective, I don't think the answer is nearly as clear for women in their 20s and 30s as you suggest it it.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:55 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:19 am
craig11152 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:09 am
As a school bus driver I "separate mothers from their children" every morning.
One key difference. You then re-unite them with their children every afternoon.
Except the Obit implies that line was because she couldn't be a room mother without being vaccinated.
She opted to get vaccinated to continue being a room mother.

In any case there have been over 6 billion vaccines administered world wide and vaccine caused deaths are minuscule compared to lives saved.
I no longer directly engage trolls

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:10 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:30 am
And btw - Vaccine-induced Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia IS a thing. In the UK, there were 220 cases of it reported (just from the AstraZeneca vaccine, just between March 22 and June 6), 48 of which resulted in death.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/12/blood-c ... study.html

Not sure how to accurately try to extrapolate that data for the US for the entirety of time that the vaccine has been around, but the number of deaths from this condition would be at least in the mid-hundreds, if not in the low thousands.
You can't accurately extrapolate because all the cases are from a vaccine NOT AVAILABLE IN THE UNITED STATES. The Oxford-AstraZeneca isn't available here and that's what the data in your link was based on.
You can't assume anything except that deaths are extremely rare from a vaccine and the lives saved are extremely high.
I no longer directly engage trolls

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:32 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:56 pm
jadednihilist wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:51 pm
Even if your extrapolations are accurate - vaccine-related deaths are orders of magnitude lower than natural COVID infections. According to CDC data, 185.5 million people are fully vaccinated. If between 10k and 100k died from vaccine-related illness (which is a really generous upper estimate), the death rate would still be 0.005-0.05%. From a risk analysis perspective, it's still a no-brainer to get the shots.
Ah, I was waiting for somebody to make that point. And your point is not well-taken in the particular 30-39 age group we're talking about here. And I point this out because the vast majority of anecdotal threads and posts in here of unvaccinated people dying from Covid consists largely of young people, and these aren't the people who are generally dying.

Total population in this age group is about 45 million people. Per the CDC, total deaths in this age group stands at 10,324. That amounts to 1 in 4359 people in this age group dying from covid, or 0.023%. Moreover, from what I've read, VITT is far more common in women, and in particular, young women. So from a risk analysis perspective, I don't think the answer is nearly as clear for women in their 20s and 30s as you suggest it it.
I went ahead and did a bit of a check on the numbers; you're correct that the death rate from natural COVID infections in that age group is low. I simply used (and padded) your data to push your point to its uppermost extreme, which is not reflected in reality. That pushed the death rate maybe equal to natural infections, but the actual data doesn't support that claim.

Here's an overview :
The overall safety and efficacy of the JJ vaccine compared to the risk of mortality from COVID-19 disease was thought to far outweigh the very low risk of TTS. The updated incidence as of the CDC review was two per million for the JJ vaccine, based on a total of 15 cases reported following 7.98 million doses administered. The most recent information from the United Kingdom suggests an incidence for the AstraZeneca vaccine of 20.3 per million doses in those aged 18 to 49 years compared to 10.9 per million doses in those aged 50 years and older.
Based on the actual data, TTS incidence is still more 100x less likely than natural COVID deaths for JJ and 1000x less likely than AstraZeneca.
I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:00 pm

Don't forget to include in your numbers people who get vaccinated but still die from a breakthrough case of Covid. Unfortunately, consistent and accurate data is hard to come by on that particular statistic since the CDC apparently doesn't track that particular stat.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:58 pm

To everyone calling BS on this - here you go - cause of death confirmed by health officials:

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- ... 382918b2da

Now they're not mentioning the name but I assume it is the same person. Woman in her late 30s, same date of death.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:11 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:58 pm
To everyone calling BS on this - here you go - cause of death confirmed by health officials:

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- ... 382918b2da

Now they're not mentioning the name but I assume it is the same person. Woman in her late 30s, same date of death.
I called bullshit on the over the top BS in the obit that was clearly trying to scare (not smart, anti-vax) people. The obit claimed she was not allowed "to consult her own wisdom", yet she apparently forgot to do the research on her vaccine choice. J&J is the one most likely to cause the specific reaction.

Keep trying to "prove you were right all along." That's all that matters, right?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:17 pm

I'm calling BS on your BS. You didn't just call BS on the political language in the obituary; you called BS on the cause of death itself.
Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:52 am
For all we know she died of something unrelated.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:25 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:17 pm
I'm calling BS on your BS. You didn't just call BS on the political language in the obituary; you called BS on the cause of death itself.
Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:52 am
For all we know she died of something unrelated.
"For all we know" is a common expression that is not definitively stating something. My issue was with the over the top obit. I didn't even suggest the cause of death *COULD BE* unrelated to the stated cause until my third post.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:35 pm

"this guy died because when he wrapped his car around a telephone pole, the seat belt he was wearing trapped him in the car!!!" I bet you still buckle up when you get behind the wheel. Everyone trying to prove their point on these 1-in-1,000,000 cases is funny.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:39 pm

Driving is a licensed activity, hence, the government has every right to regulate it.

Nice try though.

And you and others are missing the point of why I posted this anyways. Over the past few months, this forum has been full of posts about young, unvaccinated people who got Covid and died, even though that is quite rare. Only 5% of all Covid deaths are in the 2/3 of the population under the age of 50. Yet, people in here are using those particular deaths to support their everyone-should-get-vaccinated position.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:52 am

Good points BMW. Some Doctors contend those with Natural Immunity are the one getting the clots.

I oppose mandatory shots for those with natural immunity.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:11 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:52 am
Natural immunity does not exist forever. Hybrid immunity with a vaccine is likely to be much more efficient.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:00 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:11 am
audiophile wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:52 am
Natural immunity does not exist forever. Hybrid immunity with a vaccine is likely to be much more efficient.
This is true!

One thing though, the goal is to not get it at all, and if you do, get it while vaccinated because lower viral load and less symptoms.

I dont know why these people cannot take their biases and put them to the side. This is life or death.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:18 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:39 pm
Driving is a licensed activity, hence, the government has every right to regulate it.

Nice try though.
My point wasn't governmental mandates on taking a vaccine... my point was there's always going to be some story (anecdotal or otherwise) to the contrary of doing something that is enormously outweighed by the benefit.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic