Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Health young adult dies from Vaccine-Induced Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Health young adult dies from Vaccine-Induced Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:58 pm

https://obits.oregonlive.com/us/obituar ... =200278331

She was vehemently opposed to getting vaccinated, but caved to the mandates, and then died.

To make matters even worse, Twitter is now in the business of fact-checking obituaries such as this one.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/critics-twit ... oronavirus

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Health young adult dies from Vaccine-Induced Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:09 pm

I would certainly like to hear much more regarding the cause of death and her health history.

Agreed that Twitter should not be in the business of retorting obituaries except in extreme circumstances. Nothing in this obituary should have warranted any feedback from Twitter.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:05 pm

I'm calling bullshit.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:38 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:05 pm
I'm calling bullshit.
On what basis?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:16 pm

Matt wrote:
I'm calling bullshit.
Absolutely. I think the medical records were wrong. Two can play that game. :lol

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:20 am

There was an article I read last week that clots are likely to happen if you have antibodies already and then take the vaccine. Your immune system will react forcefully if you have antibodies which can cause clot in inside the veins.

The doctor's recommendation is take antibody test BEFORE getting shot. If you have antibodies you do not need shot at the current time, which seems very reasonable.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:33 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:16 pm
Matt wrote:
I'm calling bullshit.
Absolutely. I think the medical records were wrong. Two can play that game. :lol
We don't even know if this is true, but the following overtly political passage from the obit sets off my bullshit meter:
During the last weeks of her life, however, the world turned dark with heavy-handed vaccine mandates. Local and state governments were determined to strip away her right to consult her wisdom and enjoy her freedom. She had been vehemently opposed to taking the vaccine, knowing she was in good health and of a young age and thus not at risk for serious illness. In her mind, the known and unknown risks of the unproven vaccine were more of a threat. But, slowly, day by day, her freedom to choose was stripped away. Her passion to be actively involved in her children's education—which included being a Room Mom—was, once again, blocked by government mandate. Ultimately, those who closed doors and separated mothers from their children prevailed. It cost Jessica her life.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:56 am

Matt - you do realize that the person who died isn't the same person who writes the obituary, do you not? It is usually written by a family member. There is nothing in any of the language you highlighted that would indicate to me that the person who wrote the obituary is incorrect in his/her assertion about the cause of death. Your mere speculation about this based on nothing more than political disagreement, given your strong pro-Covid-vaccine position, comes across as you being in denial that these kinds of things do happen.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:03 am

I have told about the terrible reactions my kids had to other vaccines.

They have had Covid and will never be getting the vaccine.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:09 am

I agree with Matt. The obituary was a political statement stretching credibility.
As a school bus driver I "separate mothers from their children" every morning.

I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:19 am

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:09 am
As a school bus driver I "separate mothers from their children" every morning.
One key difference. You then re-unite them with their children every afternoon.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:30 am

And btw - Vaccine-induced Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia IS a thing. In the UK, there were 220 cases of it reported (just from the AstraZeneca vaccine, just between March 22 and June 6), 48 of which resulted in death.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/12/blood-c ... study.html

Not sure how to accurately try to extrapolate that data for the US for the entirety of time that the vaccine has been around, but the number of deaths from this condition would be at least in the mid-hundreds, if not in the low thousands.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:52 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:56 am
Matt - you do realize that the person who died isn't the same person who writes the obituary, do you not? It is usually written by a family member. There is nothing in any of the language you highlighted that would indicate to me that the person who wrote the obituary is incorrect in his/her assertion about the cause of death. Your mere speculation about this based on nothing more than political disagreement, given your strong pro-Covid-vaccine position, comes across as you being in denial that these kinds of things do happen.
That's my point - the obit was clearly written by an anti-vaxxer looking to make a point. For all we know she died of something unrelated.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:39 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:52 am
That's my point - the obit was clearly written by an anti-vaxxer looking to make a point. For all we know she died of something unrelated.
You have no idea what the writer's point of view was. Everything you've said in this thread thus far relies on mere speculation. If you don't want to take the obituary at face value, that's fine, but your reasons for doing so appear to me to be based on your own bias.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:51 pm

The only medical deduction one can responsibly make from an obituary is that the person is dead (which is always tragic and I feel very much for her loved ones). I would like to see information from a coroner or medical professional that treated her - with labs to confirm the diagnosis - or at least a peer reviewed document that uses that information.

Even if your extrapolations are accurate - vaccine-related deaths are orders of magnitude lower than natural COVID infections. According to CDC data, 185.5 million people are fully vaccinated. If between 10k and 100k died from vaccine-related illness (which is a really generous upper estimate), the death rate would still be 0.005-0.05%. From a risk analysis perspective, it's still a no-brainer to get the shots.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic