Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

"Sloppy Joe" Biden ignores natural immunity and mandates vaccines for all federal workers

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

"Sloppy Joe" Biden ignores natural immunity and mandates vaccines for all federal workers

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:37 am

I won't bother with a link since it is all over the news.

My question is, what was wrong with the old policy of allowing exemptions for people who get regularly tested? And for that matter, what would be wrong with exemptions for people with sufficient natural antibodies? Immunity is immunity regardless of how one acquires it.

Lester The Nightfly

Re: "Sloppy Joe" Biden ignores natural immunity and mandates vaccines for all federal workers

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:13 pm

I'd like to think he did it just to piss you off...

bmw

Re: "Sloppy Joe" Biden ignores natural immunity and mandates vaccines for all federal workers

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:06 pm

Forcing people to get a jab in their arm in order to work "just to piss off" other people....is that how policy is developed these days?

That'd be like me saying I'd like to think that the politicians in Texas passed their recent restrictions on abortions just to piss off women.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:14 pm

Puzzles me how people who are so vehemently opposed to workplace vaccine mandates will blithely accept mandatory employee.drug testing.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:27 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:14 pm
Puzzles me how people who are so vehemently opposed to workplace vaccine mandates will blithely accept mandatory employee.drug testing.
Have you ever worked with some of those folks who NEED to be drug tested?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:40 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:27 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
During my career, before retirement, I often worked with employers to get assistance for employees with addictions. But in all cases it was because the employee acknowledged their problem an sought help. Mandatory drug testing is not permitted in Canada..

In some safety sensitive jobs like airline pilot or locomotive engineer, An employer may demand an employee be tested if there is probable grounds to believe the employee is under the influence of drugs.

But employers can not automatically test employees or job applicants for drugs

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:49 pm

km1125 wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
He was in a union, so yes.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:54 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:49 pm
km1125 wrote:

He was in a union, so yes.

Right. I just explained that in my previous post.

My only brother worked HR at a large non-Union plant. According to him, drug problems were just as pervasive there as at any other workplace.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:07 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.co ... 1631195011

And it’s not just federal workers anymore. Anyone working in a place with more than 100 employees will be required to get the jab or submit to weekly testing.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:47 pm

I am waiting to see what exactly the policy will be once the order is signed and OSHA writes them. In the 3 stories I read, which means anyone can read them since they are everywhere, He is going through OSHA to put this into action. I am sure once the policy is written, and legal goes over them there will be exemptions for antibodies, medical and religious reasons. Also I am sure legions of lawyers are already drafting the lawsuits which are sure to come.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:19 pm

Fox News, of course, is in hyper hysteria mode over this. One chyron read "Biden is an authoritarian."

The policy is imperfect, but the suggestion that he is "mandating" vaccines for everyone (as Fox News is claiming) is bullshit. He is only mandating testing for the unvaccinated at certain workplaces, and is requiring most FEDERAL employees and employees of health care facilities receiving federal funds to be vaccinated. I have no issue with that, generally speaking.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:23 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:37 am
I won't bother with a link since it is all over the news.

My question is, what was wrong with the old policy of allowing exemptions for people who get regularly tested? And for that matter, what would be wrong with exemptions for people with sufficient natural antibodies? Immunity is immunity regardless of how one acquires it.
Don't work for the Government, problem solved.

You've used the same argument before.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:25 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:13 pm
I'd like to think he did it just to piss you off...
I know Joe's an avid buzzboard lurker.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:25 pm

The proposed federal rule does include exemptions for medical and religious reasons.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:36 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:19 pm
Fox News, of course, is in hyper hysteria mode over this. One chyron read "Biden is an authoritarian."

The policy is imperfect, but the suggestion that he is "mandating" vaccines for everyone (as Fox News is claiming) is bullshit. He is only mandating testing for the unvaccinated at certain workplaces, and is requiring most FEDERAL employees and employees of health care facilities receiving federal funds to be vaccinated. I have no issue with that, generally speaking.
The rules (combined) impact 100 million Americans. That's not everyone, but it is a helluva lot. The 100-employee rule seems rather arbitrary to me, not to mention a logistical nightmare. Why should it be the responsibility of business owners, of all people, to ensure that people are vaccinated?

btw - just 2 months ago, his press secretary said that the federal government had no role in mandating vaccines in the private sector. I guess that was a blatant lie.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic