Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

"Sloppy Joe" Biden ignores natural immunity and mandates vaccines for all federal workers

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: "Sloppy Joe" Biden ignores natural immunity and mandates vaccines for all federal workers

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:51 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:25 am
Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:46 pm
I also read somewhere that the rule will REQUIRE employers to provide paid leave time for employees to get the shot.
It's already a law you get paid for anything an employer requires. Steel toed shoes, safety glasses, meetings before or after your regular shift, gloves, whatever. Any special license, and the training to get the license.
That simply is not a true statement.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Re: "Sloppy Joe" Biden ignores natural immunity and mandates vaccines for all federal workers

Post by bmw » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:07 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:55 am
This is a reasonable policy. Personally, I would've gone in a little different direction and encourage insurers to jack up premiums for the unvaccinated.
So you're just going to gloss over the fact that Ms. Psaki said in July that the federal government has no role here? Whether employers mandating vaccines is "good policy" is up for debate but isn't the point here. The question is whether the President has the constitutional authority to single-handedly mandate that tens of millions of Americans must get vaccinated in order to work for a big company, and concurrently, put the burden of verification onto the employer.

As I said in the past with governor Whitmer (which, all of her EO's got tossed as unconstitutional), this is NOT how government is supposed to work. The POTUS doesn't have this kind of authority.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:39 am

Press secretaries do not set policy. Yes, it was stupid of her to say that in hindsight. What she said has little or nothing to do with the merits of the regulatory change.

I will defer to the courts to determine whether or not Biden is overstepping his authority. The proposed mandate on health care workers at facilities who accept Medicare or Medicaid is probably the part most likely to be overturned by the courts.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:11 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:25 am
Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:46 pm
I also read somewhere that the rule will REQUIRE employers to provide paid leave time for employees to get the shot.
It's already a law you get paid for anything an employer requires. Steel toed shoes, safety glasses, meetings before or after your regular shift, gloves, whatever. Any special license, and the training to get the license.
Sure about that? I thought United Airlines just announced they would put any employees on unpaid leave if they didn't comply.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:32 pm

Something folks may not have considered is if Biden is, and has been willing to go head first into the shitstorm of mandating vaccinations perhaps, just perhaps he's getting some really sobering information from the health science community about how this might play out if steps are not taken to get the disease under control. I'm thinking stuff that gets discussed off the record, stuff that could severely effect national security, the economy, the entire health care system. Scare the crap out of you stuff. The fact that he doesn't seem to give a rat's about pending lawsuits and such strikes me as someone who is well past looking at the situation as political in nature but as a honest to God threat to the country's well being.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:16 pm

Why would the science community withhold information like that form the public though? If there is some "sobering information" that is being kept under wraps, why is it being kept secret? Seems to me that releasing such information to the public would be the ultimate motivator to get more people to voluntarily get vaccinated.

The other problem I have with this theory is why the apathy towards China's role in causing this problem, and what is the Biden administration doing to ensure that this kind of thing doesn't happen again? As best I can tell they don't have the political will to do much of anything to China.

I read this a bit differently. I think that 7 months ago, Biden really believed that Covid would be a thing of the past (or at least significantly under control) 6 months after the vaccine roll-out. Thus far, it isn't. Top that with the fact that his poll numbers tanked after the Afghanistan disaster, and the timing of this announcement starts to look a bit suspicious (ie, the Thursday before the 20th anniversary of 9/11). I think he wanted the news cycle changed before that anniversary got here, and this was his way to do it - announce a policy that just days ago, multiple news outlets were reporting polls that showed a majority of Americans support workplace-mandated vaccinations. As to his defiance towards threats of litigation, I think he simply believes that he'll prevail in court - a belief supported by the fact that for the most part, the courts have been very reluctant to curb government power, re: how to deal with the pandemic.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:35 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:16 pm
Why would the science community withhold information like that form the public though? If there is some "sobering information" that is being kept under wraps, why is it being kept secret? Seems to me that releasing such information to the public would be the ultimate motivator to get more people to voluntarily get vaccinated.

The other problem I have with this theory is why the apathy towards China's role in causing this problem, and what is the Biden administration doing to ensure that this kind of thing doesn't happen again? As best I can tell they don't have the political will to do much of anything to China.

I read this a bit differently. I think that 7 months ago, Biden really believed that Covid would be a thing of the past (or at least significantly under control) 6 months after the vaccine roll-out. Thus far, it isn't. Top that with the fact that his poll numbers tanked after the Afghanistan disaster, and the timing of this announcement starts to look a bit suspicious (ie, the Thursday before the 20th anniversary of 9/11). I think he wanted the news cycle changed before that anniversary got here, and this was his way to do it - announce a policy that just days ago, multiple news outlets were reporting polls that showed a majority of Americans support workplace-mandated vaccinations. As to his defiance towards threats of litigation, I think he simply believes that he'll prevail in court - a belief supported by the fact that for the most part, the courts have been very reluctant to curb government power, re: how to deal with the pandemic.
Remember when Lester gave the same consideration to President Trump's actions?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:58 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:35 pm
Remember when Lester gave the same consideration to President Trump's actions?
Yep....
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:54 pm
bmw wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:21 pm
But what metrics are being used to make these decisions?
We finally have an answer:

Trump says the metrics he needs to make decision to reopen country are in his head

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-t ... 672149d1c3

I'm relieved knowing those metrics are occupying a space vast as all outdoors.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:17 am

Sweden didn't panic before and certainly isn't panicking now.

It's ironic these liberals get all panicky about Covid-19, don't give a darn about inner city crime and abortion, which has killed far more every year than Covid ever will.

Abortion 2018: 619,591
Urban Murders Up 28% in 2020

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:22 am

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:07 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:22 am
I'll just leave this here:
https://www.ncdhhs.gov/news/press-relea ... e-15-times
Unfortunately, this information will do little to convince people that they should take the Trump vaccine.

I'm really tired of having to deal with the poor choices of others.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:25 am

Matt can we agree, that essential workers that had Covid and have natural immunity, are not part the "poor choices" group?

They put their neck on the line for all of us of then, why should we bail on them now?
Last edited by audiophile on Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:33 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:25 am
Matt can we agree, that essential workers that had Covid and have natural immunity, are not part the "poor choices" group?
Most of the smart ones are getting vaccinated to have hybrid immunity.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:36 am

So that's a yes?

They put their neck on the line for all of us of then when there was no vaccine, why should we bail on them now?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic