Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I'll support private-sector Covid vaccine mandates IF...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

I'll support private-sector Covid vaccine mandates IF...

Post by bmw » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:17 am

First off, I do not support government-mandated vaccinations, period.

I will support the private sector mandating vaccines for various purposes, IF....

1 - People who test positive for Covid antibodies are exempt, and
2 - The wearing of medical-grade masks are allowed as an alternative

In other words, if you have natural immunity, vaccinated immunity, or alternatively if you wear a sufficient mask, you should "pass" any such mandates.

Seems like not only a fair compromise to me.

PS - lastly, my support for any such mandates would end when we scientifically reach a sufficient threshold of what the CDC refers to as "population immunity" (basically, vaccinated + natural immunity).

Deleted User 9015

Re: I'll support private-sector Covid vaccine mandates IF...

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:09 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:17 am
First off, I do not support government-mandated vaccinations, period.

I will support the private sector mandating vaccines for various purposes, IF....

1 - People who test positive for Covid antibodies are exempt, and
2 - The wearing of medical-grade masks are allowed as an alternative

In other words, if you have natural immunity, vaccinated immunity, or alternatively if you wear a sufficient mask, you should "pass" any such mandates.

Seems like not only a fair compromise to me.

PS - lastly, my support for any such mandates would end when we scientifically reach a sufficient threshold of what the CDC refers to as "population immunity" (basically, vaccinated + natural immunity).
This is the kinda critical thinking you get when you get a Bachelor's degree in political science (WITH HONORS!) from SVSU.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:31 am

I support the rights of private businesses to mandate vaccines. Hard stop.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:19 pm

The private sector doesn't need permission to do anything, provided that they are not discriminating. Michigan is an "at will" right to work state(Republicans wanted it that way), so that means businesses can release employees for any reason they see fit.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:12 pm

I am with Matt on this one. HARD STOP...Who are you to dictate terms with private entities on how they run their businesses? Just don't go there and problem solved. Keep in mind if you are excluded because you don't vaccinate it is not discrimination because YOU made the choice not to so you are responsible for the fallout from that decision.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:39 pm

Also, there are a handful of businesses that exclude vaccinated people(you know, the Q people). I am fine with that because they don't deserve my money.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:37 pm

No requirement where I work, but the rest all got their shot.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:16 pm

zzand wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:12 pm
Keep in mind if you are excluded because you don't vaccinate it is not discrimination because YOU made the choice not to so you are responsible for the fallout from that decision.
Do you apply that standard to ALL personal decisions? How about a woman who gets an abortion? Are you ok with her employer firing her for making that decision? Or how about her as a patron? Are you ok with businesses turning her away at the door because of her decision?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:45 pm

Your proposal is a very reasonable one, bmw.

I agree in all respects.

I'm a little surprised by the level of animosity in some of the rebuttals.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:52 pm

Private businesses can have that right. Do I like it? In some cases I do, and in some I don't, but I support their right to mandate how they run their business. Metalhead, maybe I am pissy but contact tracing showed it was a customer who has my son fighting for his life, and losing the battle as we speak, on a vent in a Covid ward. If his business owner had a mandate, and he does now, my son may not be in this situation. Some selfish son of a bitch who said it is gonna be my way could end up costing my son his life. So deal with me being pissy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:09 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:52 pm
...contact tracing showed it was a customer who has my son fighting for his life, and losing the battle as we speak, on a vent in a Covid ward. If his business owner had a mandate, and he does now, my son may not be in this situation. Some selfish son of a bitch who said it is gonna be my way could end up costing my son his life. So deal with me being pissy.
With all due respect, and I hate to be critical of your opinion here given the personal nature of what you're dealing with (but you chose to publicly post that information here, so it is fair game), but I take issue with you blaming the business owner as opposed to your own son, whom you acknowledge made the CHOICE to not get the vaccine, because as you put it, he "didn't have the time." For you to call somebody else selfish and blame that person for your son's condition is unfair given the fact that he could have easily avoided this situation by simply getting vaccinated (or so that seems to be the opinion of most people who post on this board).

EDIT - and to take this a step further to illustrate my point, how do you know your son didn't give Covid to somebody else who many now be in the hospital? Would it be fair for THAT person to blame your son for THEIR condition?

And again - godspeed to your son, I wish no ill-will on anybody. I just hate to see this blame game played. it leads to nothing but unnecessary bitterness and animosity.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:02 pm

Very well stated beemer, I agree completely.

Best of luck to your son, zz. Sorry to hear he is back on the vent.
The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:24 pm

Zzand - very sorry to hear about your son's battle with COVID. Definitely pulling for him to make a full recovery and will include him in my prayers.

I don't blame you in the least for being pissed.

Even though I'm vaccinated, I don't fully trust the J&J vaccine against Delta. For the past couple weeks, I've been masking up again when going to the store, not only for myself but also for the benefit of those who may be unvaccinated.

As soon as a booster is offered for my group, I will expeditiously sign up for it. I may even try to get a Pfizer or Moderna shot regardless (worst that can happen is I'd be turned away). My internist said she would have no issue with me seeking one of the mRna shots for added protection.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:12 am

I'm sorry to hear about your son zz.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:14 am

He has developed an abscess that has led to sepsis and his vent has been turned as high as it can go. Things are not looking very good at this point.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic