Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Vaccine Not So Effective?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

Re: Vaccine Not So Effective?

Post by zzand » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:59 pm

Just got back from running errands. Kroger has put their mask required signs out again and our Walmart has had one out for two weeks now. Most businesses in the area have but no one is denied entry. There was a lunatic protesting outside Kroger trying to pull masks off people, when he started toward me I suggested that if he came any closer masks would be the least of his issue. He ended up getting tazed and arrested. I enjoy entertaining trips to the store.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:05 pm

Holy smokes; that's some story! I hope my next trip to the store isn't quite that eventful. LOL

You raise some good points / questions, bmw. I am anxious to see if a similar pattern emerges in other parts of the country. Were some of the vials that were delivered to eastern MA bad due to improper storage? I think that is a possibility that cannot be ruled out entirely.

I still see no downside in getting vaccinated. The lesson learned is don't let your guard down completely just because you've been vaccinated, especially if you are in a high risk group.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:28 pm

zzand wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:59 pm
Just got back from running errands. Kroger has put their mask required signs out again and our Walmart has had one out for two weeks now. Most businesses in the area have but no one is denied entry. There was a lunatic protesting outside Kroger trying to pull masks off people, when he started toward me I suggested that if he came any closer masks would be the least of his issue. He ended up getting tazed and arrested. I enjoy entertaining trips to the store.

:rollin

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:02 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:51 pm
If you like data, take a look at vaccination rates vs Hot spots in this data. It leaves little doubt that vaccinated areas have less virus. Why are you wasting your time trying "find" the real truth?

It's simple, the vaccine works and if you don't get it you will like get covid.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... cases.html
Yes, I like data. So I went ahead and charted the data. Visually, while there are some notable anomalies, there certainly appears to be a correlation.

It will be interesting to see if this data holds in the coming months, particularly in the northeast. This will answer whether there is actual causation in the data, or if it is just that - correlation (because there are other correlations too, like region of the country).

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:59 pm

TC Talks wrote:
If you like data, take a look at vaccination rates vs Hot spots in this data. It leaves little doubt that vaccinated areas have less virus. Why are you wasting your time trying "find" the real truth?

Come to the naturopathic holistic side my friend and the force will be with you.

Flu and Covid free for 25 years and nary a vaccine shot.

I would also add that many of the hotspots are areas of high illegal immigrant population.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:41 pm

They're also high redneck Trump voting populations.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:43 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:02 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Yes, I like data. So I went ahead and charted the data. Visually, while there are some notable anomalies, there certainly appears to be a correlation.

It will be interesting to see if this data holds in the coming months, particularly in the northeast. This will answer whether there is actual causation in the data, or if it is just that - correlation (because there are other correlations too, like region of the country).
Your graph pretty much proved my point. The uneducated unvaccinated idiots have the highest covid rates

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:02 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:28 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:54 pm
How your anti-vax plan doesn't kill you. Let's see how it goes.
Please don't refer to me as "anti-vax." Much like the people of your ilk that refuse the moniker of "pro-abortion," I consider myself to be "pro-choice" when it comes to vaccines. That is a private decision made between me and my naturopathic physician.
Pro-abortion would be an inaccurate way to describe such a person. Describing someone as anti-choice a the correct change to the verbiage on the subject.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:03 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:59 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Come to the naturopathic holistic side my friend and the force will be with you.

Flu and Covid free for 25 years and nary a vaccine shot.

I would also add that many of the hotspots are areas of high illegal immigrant population.
Red States are areas of high illegal immigrant population?

The top counties seeing a spike right now are in the middle of BFE in the heartland of the country.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:09 am

That's a terrific bar graph, bmw. Thanks for taking the time to create and post that chart!

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

Could the Delta variant be less deadly but more virulent because in its quest to survive and multiply it has morphed into a variant that doesn't kill it's host and allows it to infect more hosts?

Just a theory...

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:06 pm

From what I've read we don't have enough data yet to know just how "deadly" the Delta variant is. The number of hospitalizations per 100 Covid cases is definitely falling, but there are a lot of factors that have led tot his.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:54 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:06 pm
From what I've read we don't have enough data yet to know just how "deadly" the Delta variant is. The number of hospitalizations per 100 Covid cases is definitely falling, but there are a lot of factors that have led tot his.
Yeah, all the unvaccinated idiots should just wait and extrapolate the data. Do some more research. Check another Facebook page or two. Listen to fools like TCSU. And then die.

The censorship king from out of state.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:58 am

hahahaha, I like that one a lot.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:54 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:54 am
And then die.
Gee, wishing death on me because of a private decision made between me and my Doctor? Sounds a lot like the Catholic zealots that protest abortion clinics

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic