Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Vaccine Not So Effective?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Vaccine Not So Effective?

Post by audiophile » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:40 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:59 am
Bryce, it's now being reported by mlive that most of the vaccinated infections in Massachusetts were in gay males. Any coincidence that Lindsey was infected?
Hmmm, I think posters here in the "alternative lifestyle" have mentioned how they and friends have been in the hospital a lot in the last year. Draw your own conclusions.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:21 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:53 pm
This shit just needs to end. It doesn't fucking matter who is right.
You think that when the day that the Covid pandemic ends that this will be the end of it? I have a bridge to sell you...

We're one step closer to living in a full-blown totalitarian state. The government has milked this "crisis" for all it is worth, and then some, and has set all kinds of big government precedents along the way.

And btw - it DOES matter who is right so that the government doesn't cause needless decades worth of damage to the economy and to personal liberty the next time a pandemic with a 99.63% survival rate occurs. And can you only imagine what will happen if a deadlier pandemic hits, say, with a 5 or 10 percent mortality rate? Your own home will literally be a prison cell.

And I don't think I'm exaggerating here.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:32 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:21 pm
Matt wrote:
You think that when the day that the Covid pandemic ends that this will be the end of it? I have a bridge to sell you...

We're one step closer to living in a full-blown totalitarian state. The government has milked this "crisis" for all it is worth, and then some, and has set all kinds of big government precedents along the way.

And btw - it DOES matter who is right so that the government doesn't cause needless decades worth of damage to the economy and to personal liberty the next time a pandemic with a 99.63% survival rate occurs. And can you only imagine what will happen if a deadlier pandemic hits, say, with a 5 or 10 percent mortality rate? Your own home will literally be a prison cell.

I don't think you are either.

It would be interesting to see a comparison of where we're headed vs what the revolutionaries of the 1770's era went through. George III might not have been so bad in comparison.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:13 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:21 pm
Matt wrote:

I'm not a gambler. I'm not willing to give up things that I enjoy for a political advantage. I want to be able to go to work and not see co-workers clinging to masks. I want to be able to go to a game at Michigan Stadium next month with a capacity crowd. I want to go on planned vacations and work travel throughout the next year.

There is a time to smack the ever-living shit out of the authoritarian left, and that begins in 2022. Despite what RT says, this is a center-right country that will revert to the mean. You have an empty suit President and a terribly unpopular VP whose party has many vulnerable leaders that have propagated this nonsense on our country. The rebellion in 2022 is going to make the 2010 Tea Party look like child's play.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:20 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:13 pm
I want to be able to go to work and not see co-workers clinging to masks. I want to be able to go to a game at Michigan Stadium next month with a capacity crowd. I want to go on planned vacations and work travel throughout the next year.
It isn't the virus that is stopping any of that from happening. It is a combination of abuse of power by government, propaganda from the media, and business owners and other institutions incapable of doing basic risk analysis.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:35 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:20 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:13 pm
I want to be able to go to work and not see co-workers clinging to masks. I want to be able to go to a game at Michigan Stadium next month with a capacity crowd. I want to go on planned vacations and work travel throughout the next year.
It isn't the virus that is stopping any of that from happening. It is a combination of abuse of power by government, propaganda from the media, and business owners and other institutions incapable of doing basic risk analysis.
I am getting fed up with the incessant whining about *any* COVID precautions whatsoever. There's got to be some give or we'll never get out of this mess. Sacrifice a bit now and then there will come a day that we reach herd immunity and this virus will be as innocuous as the flu. Why do we have to choose the route that results in so much suffering and loss?

You, personally, may be fine if you're infected and most people are, not not everyone. The data shows that we are all interdependent on our collective actions and precautions. Case levels are back on their exponential upswing again and community spread is out of control just about all over the country. It seems like hospitalizations are also on the upswing, but of course those numbers are going to continue lagging behind confirmed cases, per CDC data.

Community spread:

Current COVID hospitalizations per 100 beds:

% change in hospitalizations in the past week:

It seems that the number of hospitalizations is also trending towards exponential growth as well. It's also well documented that hospitalizations are overwhelming being driven by the unvaccinated, and percentage of younger people being hospitalized is also comparable to older demographics at this point.

Throughout this entire pandemic, my primary concern has been the impact on the healthcare system. Every bed that's filled with an irresponsible COVID patient is one less bed and fewer resources overall for stroke, heart attack, cancer, and accident victims. ER wait times in Houston, which is one of the largest (if not the largest) medical hubs in the nation, are now around 24 hours (!!) (Source: Click2Houston.com). This is now a public health crisis solely rooted in poor decisions and selfish behavior.

If you're not going to get the vaccine, then at least try not to spread the virus and fuck everything else up for the rest of us that want to get on with our lives.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:56 pm

jadednihilist wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:35 pm

If you're not going to get the vaccine, then at least try not to spread the virus and fuck everything else up for the rest of us that want to get on with our lives.
Accepting the poke in no way ensures that you won't get or spread the virus. Your point is counterfactual.

My wife just quit her job she has held for 27 plus years because of the vaccine mandate at her employer. Fortunately, we don't need her income. She was just staying on because she enjoyed it and was planning on staying until I decide to hang up the gloves and we move to our place in much warmer climes.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:04 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:56 pm
jadednihilist wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:35 pm

Accepting the poke in no way ensures that you won't get or spread the virus. Your point is counterfactual.
It's still an open question as to how much vaccines reduce transmissibility of the virus since asymptomatic infections are extremely difficult to track. However, the number of infections itself doesn't really bother me -- the number of hospitalizations do. From what I've seen, every hospital system in the US is reporting that >90% of COVID hospitalizations are from people who have not been vaccinated. It's those hospitalizations that are putting undue burden on our healthcare system.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:30 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:56 pm

My wife just quit her job she has held for 27 plus years because of the vaccine mandate at her employer. Fortunately, we don't need her income. She was just staying on because she enjoyed it and was planning on staying until I decide to hang up the gloves and we move to our place in much warmer climes.
Hope your wife has that magic immunity you have too.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:40 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:30 pm
It's not magic. It's self induced. And, I sincerely hope that all the people in their 20's that accepted the vaccine don't end up sterile in ten years.

And, I would me more than happy to share the knowledge that I've spent a fair amount on over the years to help others attain natural immunity.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:33 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Maybe once you chow down a handful of Flintstone vitamins every morning you can start casting stones...

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:37 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:33 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Maybe once you chow down a handful of Flintstone vitamins every morning you can start casting stones...
Do they still make those?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:40 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:37 pm
Motown322 wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
If they do, they should be forced to stop. They are garbage.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:41 pm

jadednihilist wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:04 pm
- the number of hospitalizations do.
And that number is? As a percentage of the population.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:59 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:40 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:37 pm
Motown322 wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
If they do, they should be forced to stop. They are garbage.
They were tasty at least when I was younger.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic