Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

To any idiot who still refuses to get vaccinated....

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Re: To any idiot who still refuses to get vaccinated....

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:08 am

Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:09 am

They had Hydroxyquinolone, and Whitmer and others banned physicians from writing prescriptions for it. HCQ greatly reduced the symptoms, and would have prevented a lot of deaths and hospitalizations. There may be side effects, but what drug doesn't have side effects? These vaccines have SERIOUS side effects, and they aren't even accurately reporting them. Now they say "the children are dying", but adults are just assumed to have died from some underlying condition. Didn't Hitler order a lot of medical experimentation on "the weak"? Now "the weak" are those with "comorbidities". Hitler was justified by some as just doing "euthanasia". "Euthanasia" sounds like the spies nowadays posing as students in presitigious American universities, doesn't it?

I remember the questions about deaths from various diseases over the years.

If someone died of lung cancer, "was he a smoker?" Yes. Well then.

If someone died of cirrhosis of the liver, "was he an alcoholic?" Yes. Well then.

If someone died of a drug overdose, "was he a junkie?" Yes. Well then.

If someone died of AIDS, "was he/she having anal sex?" What difference does it make?

Now, someone dies of COVID. "Did he have comorbidities associated with being overweight." Yes. Well then, they were weak. They deserved to die.
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:20 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:54 am
It is my understanding that the various vaccines do not completely prevent a person from contracting the virus, but, greatly reduce the severity of the effects of the virus should you contract it.
Yes BUT.....a vaccine's efficacy does refer to the reduction in CASES.
Scientists can calculate how well a vaccine candidate works by looking at the difference in new cases of the disease between the group receiving a placebo and the group receiving the experimental vaccine.

This is called vaccine efficacy. For example, Pfizer/BioNTech reported an efficacy of 95% for the COVID-19 vaccine. This means a 95% reduction in new cases of the disease in the vaccine group compared with the placebo group.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... e-efficacy

So a vaccine with a 95% efficacy, such as the Pfizer vaccine claims to have, is supposed to reduce your odds of actually contracting the virus by 20x compared to an unvaccinated person. Recent developments are certainly calling that number into question, such as the now FIVE Texas Democrats who all caught it (out of a group of roughly 70). I don't know what typical spread rates are for unvaccinated people, but it is mathematically impossible to be 20x that (which would be 100 out of 70). Compare those 5 out of 70 numbers to the Cleveland clinic numbers of literally 0 out of 1200 for people over a six month span with NATURAL immunity, and it is starting to look to me like natural immunity is actually better than vaccinated immunity.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:26 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:09 am
There may be side effects, but what drug doesn't have side effects? T
Yeah. Just ask many of the Gulf War vets that are still suffering the side effects of the Mefloquine they were forced to take.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:48 am

HCQ is not the same thing. Just changing drug molecules slightly has a H*** effect on problems and side effects.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:56 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:20 am

Scientists can calculate how well a vaccine candidate works by looking at the difference in new cases of the disease between the group receiving a placebo and the group receiving the experimental vaccine.
How did they figure this out? Did some of the people that thought they were getting the vaccine actually get a placebo? This was rolled out rather quickly, I doubt they had time to do a case study such as this for a long enough period of time to come up with concrete numbers.

Were the American people used as a study without their knowledge?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:10 am

U-M students are self-reported and verified at 74%. At 75%, masks will not be required in classrooms in the fall.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:20 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:56 am
bmw wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:20 am

How did they figure this out? Did some of the people that thought they were getting the vaccine actually get a placebo? This was rolled out rather quickly, I doubt they had time to do a case study such as this for a long enough period of time to come up with concrete numbers.

Were the American people used as a study without their knowledge?
Here ya go:

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-relea ... 19-vaccine

43,000 voluntary participants in the summer of 2020. Half got the real vaccine, the other half got a placebo. They began measuring efficacy 28 days after the doses were administered. As of the conclusion of the study, there were 162 confirmed cases in the placebo group with only 8 in the vaccinated group. This means that 4.7% of the cases were in the vaccinated group with 95.3% of cases in the control group. Hence, 95% efficacy.

And again, I point to the Cleveland clinic study, which was a group of 52,000 healthcare employees, 1200 of whom had previously had Covid AND did not get vaccinated, and not a single of those of which got sick in the 6 months they were followed. Hence, in that slightly larger study than Pfizer's, there was literally 100% efficacy associated with natural immunity (not to mention, this study was done much more recently when variants were already circulating).

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:34 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:20 am
Hence, in that slightly larger study than Pfizer's, there was literally 100% efficacy associated with natural immunity (not to mention, this study was done much more recently when variants were already circulating).
So that would lead me to believe that anyone that has been exposed to the virus, or has natural immunity, would be silly to get the shot.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:19 pm

I won't use the word "silly," but it has been my contention for at least a year now that most people who test positive for antibodies should certainly think twice about getting vaccinated. The fact that the government doesn't even want to consider issuing such guidance should raise questions for everyone as to the motives here. But the science certainly supports the idea that natural immunity is very effective and lasts for 8 months or more - we have multiple reputable studies showing that now.

I would add to this that the one stat I can't find but would be curious to know is of the current Covid-related deaths, how many of them had antibodies from previous infection? I keep hearing this stat floating around that says something like 99% of all recent Covid deaths are unvaccinated people, but I can't find any info on out of THAT group, how many had been previously infected? In other words, I keep hearing that vaccination protects you not only from getting sick, but if you do get sick, from having severe symptoms....is the same true for natural immunity?

I find it fascinating how taboo of a subject natural immunity is to even talk about.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:16 pm

Vaccinated or not, what really bothers me is that in over a year and a half, with MILLIONS having gone though this, that we really don't have a f'ing clue how to treat this, and we've barely gotten marginally better at treating someone once they've been hospitalized.

How is it that there's no real emphasis on this in the media??

For a bit last year there was some promise at finding better treatments and some have proven to be more effective than others, but largely it's a game of "let's cross our fingers and see if this works"!!!! Doesn't seem to be any real scientific approach and every single medical facility is pretty much on their own to see what they can do if they get patients.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:13 pm

Just went to Meijer and Busch's in ANN ARBOR: 25% were wearing masks at Meijer and 10% in Busch's.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:23 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:12 am
Fuck you.
Bump. My gym is again requiring masks, even for those of us who aren't selfish cunts.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:16 pm

Read an article today that said that said becuase of the ease of transmission of Delta herd immunity may be next to impossible. Not sure I buy that, it may slow it down since anyone can transmit it but I don't think it will stop it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:21 pm

Ease of transmission theoretically should speed up the attainment of herd immunity. The question I can't seem to find an answer to anywhere is vaccinated carriers - when vaccinated people get Covid, do they then develop natural immunity on top of their vaccinated immunity, or does the vaccine limit the body's ability to develop natural immunity? I can't find an answer to this question anywhere.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic