Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Texas Democrats flee state, on private jets, maskless, with case of beer

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Texas Democrats flee state, on private jets, maskless, with case of beer

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:01 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:42 am
If those three legislators who reportedly contracted COVID refused or failed to get vaccinated and recklessly disregarded protocol, then yes, they are total assholes and deserve whatever fate befalls them.
Well, they were all vaccinated, but they also recklessly disregarded federal rules for wearing masks on airplanes. So I'm not sure where that puts them in your book.
Per the CDC Order, only those passengers wearing compliant masks are permitted to board private jet flights. Federal law requires wearing a mask onboard private aircraft, and failure to comply constitutes a violation of Federal law.
https://magellanjets.com/private-aviati ... t-flights/

The punishment, however, isn't significant - $250 fine for first offense. Nevertheless, my point was that Cain wasn't breaking any laws, the Texas Democrats were.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:49 pm

The laws in effect now are overbearing because vaccines are widely available and are completely free. It's your own fault if you don't get vaccinated and then fall severely ill.
Nonetheless, the law is the law, and absconders who happen to be politicians do not deserve special privilege.

What Cain and many others in Tulsa did that day was reckless regardless of which laws were or were not in effect at the time. And, yes, I recognize protesters from the left were acting idiotically that day in Tulsa, too.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:27 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:57 pm
btw - since you're seemingly ok with this practice, just remember that the Democrats in the US Senate hold exactly 50 seats, meaning that the Republicans hold exactly enough seats if they choose to do so to block a quorum if the Dems were to nuke or make changes to the filibuster.
...and so it begins.

https://www.newsweek.com/lindsey-graham ... on-1610815

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:37 am

Texas Democrats can't do anything right.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:55 pm

Despite the legalities, legislatively, these Democrats are in stalling legislation, in effect, through a very expensive filibuster. The filibuster is quite an obnoxious tool when it's stalling your preferred agenda and I still have very mixed feelings about its usage/thresholds.

I will concede that the way these Democrats have executed this "filibuster" has been a disaster from the start and their message is getting lost with all of their extremely rookie missteps.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic