Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mainstream media OBSESSED with Delta variant of Covid

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Mainstream media OBSESSED with Delta variant of Covid

Post by Bryce » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:22 am

Another example of lefties only being pro-choice on certain things.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:39 pm

Now here's a smug face if I ever saw one:

Dr. Faucci is predicting that the various COVID vaccines will get FDA approval.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/1 ... fda-499158

While that may ultimately end up being the case, if you ask me, he's speaking a bit prematurely and quite frankly, inappropriately. This to me comes across as a government official exerting public pressure on the FDA to approve something.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:42 pm

Seems today, the media's obsession is with the celebrity billionaires flying off into space.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:43 pm

I think going into space is newsworthy.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:37 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:43 pm
I think going into space is newsworthy.

Space travel has become so commonplace that it scarcely gets even a mention anymore. But, when it involves celebrities going into space for just a few minutes, it's suddenly wall to wall coverage.

It knocked Britney Spears out of the headlines for the first time in a week.

kager

Post by kager » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:44 pm

Britney who?
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:26 pm

kager wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:44 pm
Britney who?
Exactly. But if you had watched TV or listened to the radio this week, it seemed like she was the most important person in the world.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:20 pm

HD74 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:00 pm
Yep, they banned spectators from the Olympics due to this obvious hoax, doesn't exist, nope, just ask Trump, or Nugent, or one of those other deniers, may be the dead senator? Stupid media, ruining everything! Just hyping a non-existent global pandemic! The nerve!

So how's life in your basement been so far this 2021? You have enough TP, Lysol and masks for the next, oh decade (according to your post). Glad to see you have internet down there....come on up, enjoy life like the rest of us and stop with your Chicken Little rants, oh and #45 lost back in Nov, or did you miss that , you know, hiding in your bunker, cans of Lysol on stand by no doubt...??

HD74

Post by HD74 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:39 am

Boy you sure got me!
Sheep
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:54 am

HD74 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:39 am
Boy you sure got me!
Sheep
I'll be honest here, not sure your thread was of your true feelings or of sarcasm, frosts my muffin when people start spreading panic and paranoia about any "new" Covid variants, I'm vaccinated, I'm tired of lockdowns/restrictions/politicians telling us what's best for us when they don't adhere to the same rules they impose on us, the common folk....

HD74

Post by HD74 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:56 am

Sarcasm is a service I provide for free.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:40 pm

HD74 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:56 am
Sarcasm is a service I provide for free.
Touche`

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:07 pm

This article right here pretty much embodies everything that is wrong with how the media is reporting and continues to report about Covid.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/13/health/u ... index.html

Headline: "Covid-19 cases are surging in 45 states. In one hot spot, hospitalized patients are younger than ever, doctor says"

That sounds like a headline straight out of the National Enquirer.

When you read the article, you get a full dose of the media's daily talking points about Covid. The one-sided biased nature of the reporting while leaving out critical details is no doubt intentional.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:07 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:07 pm
This article right here pretty much embodies everything that is wrong with how the media is reporting and continues to report about Covid.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/13/health/u ... index.html

Headline: "Covid-19 cases are surging in 45 states. In one hot spot, hospitalized patients are younger than ever, doctor says"

That sounds like a headline straight out of the National Enquirer.

When you read the article, you get a full dose of the media's daily talking points about Covid. The one-sided biased nature of the reporting while leaving out critical details is no doubt intentional.
Michigan is one of the supposed "surging" states, where we're averaging 162 infections and 1 death per day for the last four days (27 of 31 were from the infamous records review). We were in the thousands of infections per day, but now 162 is "surging"? Fuck off, media.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:22 pm

I challenge someone to find any article from any mainstream news outlet to use a word like "plunging" or "plummeting" to describe daily covid infection numbers in the month of June. This so-called "surge" as Matt says is an absolute joke. They don't tell you surging relative to what....the "what" being from the bottom of the 93% plunge. It is such a dishonest use of statistics. Even a 50% surge from the bottom after a 93% plunge would be like going from 100,000 cases to 7,000 cases, and then back up to 10,500 cases. But of course 50% sounds scarier, so they use than rather than the more honest "back up 3-4% relative to our peak," or at least giving some context along the lines of "while cases are up 50% over the past week, they're still down 90% over the past 8 months."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic