Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

It's Foreign Terrorism, Not White Supremacy Or Trump, Caused Condo Collapse

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Re: It's Foreign Terrorism, Not White Supremacy Or Trump, Caused Condo Collapse

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:55 pm

Honeyman wrote: But back to your point. Someone wanted to kill a bunch of orthodox Jews. Rather than just, say, go into a synagogue on Friday night, they decided to bring down a 12 story condo building, without any knowledge of who was there at the time. This actually makes logical sense to you?
The ROP terrorists constantly change their MO. At an Orthodox Synagogue, they may now be ready with guns to use against terrorists. It's the Reform Division that believes in Gun Confiscation, and that the government will always be able to protect them, and that they don't need guns. Ever hear of JPFO? They have a website.

Biden will soon blame Trump supporters if history is any guide.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:07 pm

factchecker wrote:You have fallen in the same trap most people do.

They create a narrative and then try to find "evidence" for it.

Let's discover the facts and then make a decision after that, shall we?
Oh, like the police always assume the husband or boyfriend did it when a woman is murdered?

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:45 am

Please take a valium already, Petoskey.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:28 am

Being serious for a moment, it seems Honeyman was correct, shoddy construction appears to be the leading vote getter for the collapse

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:30 am

zzand wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:58 pm
I am sue once all the investigating is done it will end up being shoddy construction or a sink hole type thing. I see no evidence other the ranting of an unbalanced poster calling it terrorism
I seen an article yesterday quoting people saying they knew it had been slowly sinking for awhile. Residents had been complaining about water marks, cracks in the walls, etc. Signs the building was shifting. Here's a TV report about the same thing:

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/2 ... ming-rate/

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:20 am

Sent to me from a friend in Fla:

Florida has been The Wild West for building codes for decades.

The collapsed apartment/condo structure was built when everyone was cutting corners. Using cheap beach sand in the concrete and a lot of rebar imported from Asia with bad metallurgy that would corrode (even in good concrete) was used to keep up with demand.

It took dozens of major hurricanes over 50 years for FL to update their building codes and require hurricane ties/braces for wooden roofs.

With tropical storms intensity increasing it makes you wonder about all those high rise condos on the Miami beachfront built over the last decade.

Want to talk about how many subdivisions have been built on wetlands? Roads and bridges built to accommodate the exploding population. An acquaintance quit his job as a city engineer in the Tampa area (and left FL) 2 years ago because developers and business could override his departments findings.

Florida’s population is 21M. Despite the hurricanes the state has added 7M in the last 30 years, 12M in 40 years. With that kind of growth and housing demand the pressure to build and cut corners is almost inevitable.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:30 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:20 am

The collapsed apartment/condo structure was built when everyone was cutting corners. Using cheap beach sand in the concrete and a lot of rebar imported from Asia with bad metallurgy that would corrode (even in good concrete) was used to keep up with demand.

It took dozens of major hurricanes over 50 years for FL to update their building codes and require hurricane ties/braces for wooden roofs.

With tropical storms intensity increasing it makes you wonder about all those high rise condos on the Miami beachfront built over the last decade.

Want to talk about how many subdivisions have been built on wetlands? Roads and bridges built to accommodate the exploding population. An acquaintance quit his job as a city engineer in the Tampa area (and left FL) 2 years ago because developers and business could override his departments findings.

Florida’s population is 21M. Despite the hurricanes the state has added 7M in the last 30 years, 12M in 40 years. With that kind of growth and housing demand the pressure to build and cut corners is almost inevitable.
Florida is good for Disney and that’s about all. Everything else about is a damn death trap.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:37 am

Police have been unable to track down the foreign terrorists who perpetrated this crime.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:44 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:30 am
Honeyman wrote:

Florida is good for Disney and that’s about all. Everything else about is a damn death trap.
That's how I feel driving in a blizzard on the expressway. Truck and buses way outdriving conditions,

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:46 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:44 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:30 am
Honeyman wrote:

That's how I feel driving in a blizzard on the expressway. Truck and buses way outdriving conditions,
Whats your point?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:15 am

That each has it downsides. I have spent a month in Florida during the crappy weather months in Michigan. The beach and pool is a lot nicer than sitting in snow bank and watching your car rust.
Last edited by audiophile on Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:51 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:15 am
That each has it downsides. I have spent a month on Florida during the crappy weather months in Michigan and the beach and pool is a lot nicer than the sitting in snow bank watching your car rust.
The Pametto Bugs were enough to turn me off… bought a car from there and one hitched a ride in my pant leg and I found it one day in Saline. Not liking Florida now.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:00 am

What else bugs you?

I never met a Pametto bug, except once in Colorado.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:40 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:00 am
What else bugs you?

I never met a Pametto bug, except once in Colorado.
Palmetto.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:31 pm

Palmetto Bugs are everywhere in Florida. They're as ubiquitous as the lizards that feast on them.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic