Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Delta Variant Surges in Israel, including the Vaccinated

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Delta Variant Surges in Israel, including the Vaccinated

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:08 pm

Looks like COVID will likely surge again soon in the U.S. The fact that it is surging in Israel(one of the highest vaccinated countries in the world) scares me and should scare you too.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

zzand

Re: Delta Variant Surges in Israel, including the Vaccinated

Post by zzand » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:46 pm

You base this assumption on what evidence? News that is at least a week old? Yes this variant is out there and is here in the states but you seem to be the only one in a panic.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:15 pm

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:27 pm

I predict that this fares worse for Trump voters than any other population.
US spread
Delta is also on the rise in the United States, particularly in the Midwest and southeast. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention declared it a variant of concern on 15 June. But patchy surveillance means the picture there is less clear. According to nationwide sampling conducted by the genomics company Helix in San Mateo, California, Delta is rising fast. Using a rapid genotyping test, the company has found that the proportion of cases caused by Alpha fell from more than 70% in late April to around 42% as of mid-June, with the rise of Delta driving much of the shift2.

Jeremy Kamil, a virologist at Louisiana State University Health in Shreveport, expects Delta to eventually become dominant in the United States, “but to be somewhat blunted by vaccination”. However, vast disparities in vaccination rates could lead to regional and local variation in cases and hospitalizations caused by Delta, says Jennifer Surtees, a biochemist at the University at Buffalo, New York, who is conducting regional surveillance.

She notes that 70% of eligible New Yorkers have received at least one dose of vaccine — a milestone that triggered the lifting of most COVID-19 restrictions last week — but that figure is below 40% in some parts of the state. Communities with high proportions of African American and Hispanic individuals, where vaccination rates tend to be low, could be especially hard hit by Delta. “These are populations that are really at risk of a localized outbreak from Delta, so I think it’s really important to still keep tracking and watch this as much as possible,” Surtees says.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:07 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:27 pm
US spread
Delta is also on the rise in the United States, particularly in the Midwest and southeast. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention declared it a variant of concern on 15 June. But patchy surveillance means the picture there is less clear. According to nationwide sampling conducted by the genomics company Helix in San Mateo, California, Delta is rising fast. Using a rapid genotyping test, the company has found that the proportion of cases caused by Alpha fell from more than 70% in late April to around 42% as of mid-June, with the rise of Delta driving much of the shift2.

Jeremy Kamil, a virologist at Louisiana State University Health in Shreveport, expects Delta to eventually become dominant in the United States, “but to be somewhat blunted by vaccination”. However, vast disparities in vaccination rates could lead to regional and local variation in cases and hospitalizations caused by Delta, says Jennifer Surtees, a biochemist at the University at Buffalo, New York, who is conducting regional surveillance.

She notes that 70% of eligible New Yorkers have received at least one dose of vaccine — a milestone that triggered the lifting of most COVID-19 restrictions last week — but that figure is below 40% in some parts of the state. Communities with high proportions of African American and Hispanic individuals, where vaccination rates tend to be low, could be especially hard hit by Delta. “These are populations that are really at risk of a localized outbreak from Delta, so I think it’s really important to still keep tracking and watch this as much as possible,” Surtees says.
But as you know, we are only strongest as our weakest link. They go down and pull the rest of us down with them as far as restrictions etc.

Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:13 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:15 pm
Dr Fauci is worried too. https://macombdaily.com/2021/06/23/delt ... cebook.com
So now what? We have to wear FOUR masks??

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:18 pm

Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:07 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:27 pm
US spread

But as you know, we are only strongest as our weakest link. They go down and pull the rest of us down with them as far as restrictions etc.
There will be no more restrictions. It’s over dude.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:07 am

Fauci has lost all credibility, no one cares what he thinks and as Rate This said, it's over. States are open, Concerts are back, amusement parks are open, people are traveling, the world has moved on, you need to as well.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:51 am

Stay home MCRF, stay scared.....the rest of us have lives which we choose to live, not hide and panic...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:04 am

My daughter's had Covid in March, as did most everyone in their grade while wearing basic masks. Everyone got over it ok, including the older teachers.

If I had it, lasted about a day. I don't see how I would have avoided it, since we're in same car, modest house together and share kitchen and bathroom. They said it was like a basic cold. I just had a sore throat a few days after they came down with it.

We all took vitamins and zinc as a preventative though.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:31 pm

He hasn't been hung for treason yet?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:21 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:04 am
My daughter's had Covid in March, as did most everyone in their grade while wearing basic masks. Everyone got over it ok, including the older teachers.

If I had it, lasted about a day. I don't see how I would have avoided it, since we're in same car, modest house together and share kitchen and bathroom. They said it was like a basic cold. I just had a sore throat a few days after they came down with it.

That's great. My friend has been in the hospital 30 times in the last year. He is coming up on 1 year since infection. His oxygen level was 70 when they took him to the hospital Monday. July 6th will be 1 year since original infection.

Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:22 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:31 pm
He hasn't been hung for treason yet?
Sent you a PM.

Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:45 am

Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:21 am
audiophile wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:04 am

That's great. My friend has been in the hospital 30 times in the last year. He is coming up on 1 year since infection. His oxygen level was 70 when they took him to the hospital Monday. July 6th will be 1 year since original infection.
Thats terrible… but in fairness it’s an extremely, incredibly, absolutely no doubt about it uncommon problem.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:52 pm

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:08 pm
Looks like COVID will likely surge again soon in the U.S. The fact that it is surging in Israel(one of the highest vaccinated countries in the world) scares me and should scare you too.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk
I keep seeing story after story on the news on how all three major vaccines are "very effective" on this "Delta" strain. How is it possible that Israel (or anywhere else) is seeing surges if they're mostly vaccinated??

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic