Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Nepotism alive and well in the Biden administration

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Nepotism alive and well in the Biden administration

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:05 am

On Monday, the son of a trusted Biden counselor was hired to a junior-level position. J.J Richetti, a 2020 college graduate and the son of Steve Ricchetti, was hired as a special assistant in the Office of Legislative Affairs, the Post reported.

Richhetti's two other children also have jobs in the administration.

Daniel Ricchetti, the eldest child of the veteran White House staffer, is a senior adviser in the office of the undersecretary of state for arms control and international security. Shannon Ricchetti, the eldest daughter, works as the deputy associate director of the office of the White House social secretary.

The daughter of deputy White House chief of staff Bruce Reed, Julia Reed, works as Biden's day scheduler, according to the Post.

And the director of the White House's presidential personnel office, Cathy Russell, also has a child employed in the administration. Sarah Donilon, Russell's daughter, works with the White House National Security Council, the Post reported. Russell's brother-in-law, Mike Donilon, is a senior adviser to Biden, the paper added.

The sister of White House press secretary, Jen Psaki, was appointed a senior adviser at the Health and Human Services Department in March, the Post said.

The wife of Biden's longtime ally and White House Chief of Staff Ron Klain also works for the Biden administration, the paper reported.
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/kids- ... ort-2021-6

Original Washington Post article - https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

So while Biden technically keeping his promise that no member of his family will work in the White House, he seemingly has no problem with hiring entire families to work for him.

Rate This

Re: Nepotism alive and well in the Biden administration

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:37 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:05 am
On Monday, the son of a trusted Biden counselor was hired to a junior-level position. J.J Richetti, a 2020 college graduate and the son of Steve Ricchetti, was hired as a special assistant in the Office of Legislative Affairs, the Post reported.

Richhetti's two other children also have jobs in the administration.

Daniel Ricchetti, the eldest child of the veteran White House staffer, is a senior adviser in the office of the undersecretary of state for arms control and international security. Shannon Ricchetti, the eldest daughter, works as the deputy associate director of the office of the White House social secretary.

The daughter of deputy White House chief of staff Bruce Reed, Julia Reed, works as Biden's day scheduler, according to the Post.

And the director of the White House's presidential personnel office, Cathy Russell, also has a child employed in the administration. Sarah Donilon, Russell's daughter, works with the White House National Security Council, the Post reported. Russell's brother-in-law, Mike Donilon, is a senior adviser to Biden, the paper added.

The sister of White House press secretary, Jen Psaki, was appointed a senior adviser at the Health and Human Services Department in March, the Post said.

The wife of Biden's longtime ally and White House Chief of Staff Ron Klain also works for the Biden administration, the paper reported.
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/kids- ... ort-2021-6

Original Washington Post article - https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

So while Biden technically keeping his promise that no member of his family will work in the White House, he seemingly has no problem with hiring entire families to work for him.
I don’t think that’s uncommon. I seem to remember someone who drained the swamp that way once.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:51 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:37 pm

I don’t think that’s uncommon. I seem to remember someone who drained the swamp that way once.

But there was no nepotism at all in that administration.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:18 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:51 pm
Rate This wrote:

I heard he was hiring his hookers to work on his campaign too. #BMWConservativeVictum.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:52 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:18 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:51 pm
Rate This wrote:

I heard he was hiring his hookers to work on his campaign too. #BMWConservativeVictum.
Only liberals are victims. It is very interesting that you like to reverse virtue signal. We're all embarrassed for you.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:10 pm

Sure thing Matt...

BMW whines more than anyone here.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:00 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:10 pm
Sure thing Matt...

BMW whines more than anyone here.
If the liberals put up obstacles, conservatives and libertarians will find a way to do end runs.

The liberal lawyers always put loopholes in their obstacles, thinking they can go though the loopholes instead of taking the trouble to do end runs. End runs take a little more work. The loopholes keep the lawyers busy and well off.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:39 pm

Former Obama Ethics Chief SLAMS Biden

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:08 pm

I wonder what Obama's Ethics Chief thinks about the orange loser. No matter what you complain about, Trump was worse.

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:29 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:08 pm
I wonder what Obama's Ethics Chief thinks about the orange loser. No matter what you complain about, Trump was worse.
"While it may not be as bad as appointing your son or daughter to a top government post as Trump did with Jared and Ivanka, it is still bad," said Walter Shaub, who served as director of the Office of Government Ethics from 2013 to 2017. "'Not as bad as Trump' cannot be the new standard."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:52 pm

It shouldn't be a new standard, but it shouldn't be forgotten either.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic