Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whatever Happened To Gas Wars?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Whatever Happened To Gas Wars?

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:54 am

Gas stations used to compete with each other for the lowest price in an area.

Now they are pretty much all the same.

Isn't this Price Fixing?

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Turkeytop

Re: Whatever Happened To Gas Wars?

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:21 pm

How's that capitalism workin out for-ya?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:41 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:54 am

Isn't this Price Fixing?
To be honest, I've pondered something like this.
There is a Speedway not far from me that always has plenty of cars at the pumps. Across the street is a Mobil always has cars also. Not as many as the Speedway. They both keep their prices about the same.

About a half mile away is a "no chain" station who's prices are always 8 to 10 cents cheaper than the Mobil and Speedway. Many times when I get gas there, I'm the only one at the pump.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:14 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:41 pm
TC Shuts Up wrote:

Isn't this Price Fixing?
To be honest, I've pondered something like this.
There is a Speedway not far from me that always has plenty of cars at the pumps. Across the street is a Mobil always has cars also. Not as many as the Speedway. They both keep their prices about the same.

About a half mile away is a "no chain" station who's prices are always 8 to 10 cents cheaper than the Mobil and Speedway. Many times when I get gas there, I'm the only one at the pump.
People follow brands and advertising. They want their Speedway freeze or their coffee. If the ads didn't work, they wouldn't run them. Their on your way, the convenient stores of....Speedway!

In my area of southern Macomb County, they are the first to go up in price and first to go down. Their Tuesday and Thursday price jumps here are epic. I notice that the day before an increase(usually Monday), they go down a few pennies and then go up 15 to as much as 40 cents depending on the price.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:23 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:

Isn't this Price Fixing?
Ever notice the price of beer at Comerica Park or LCA. No matter which stand you go to, it's the same. Not only should that be called price fixing, it should also be prosecuted as gouging as you don't have another alternative and are held captive.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:08 pm

If you want gas wars, how about Burger King vs. Hardees?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic