Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Masks no longer required for the fully vaccinated

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Masks no longer required for the fully vaccinated

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri May 14, 2021 11:54 pm

This is all very sad. I expect a COVID resurgence by mid June, right when I will be leaving on vacation.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat May 15, 2021 12:32 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:54 pm
This is all very sad. I expect a COVID resurgence by mid June, right when I will be leaving on vacation.
Give it a rest. The virus isn’t going away. We need to move on.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Mon May 17, 2021 1:08 pm

jadednihilist wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:02 pm
SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:16 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:54 pm
Given the fact virtually anyone can get vaccinated for free on a walk-in basis pretty much anywhere in the country, and because vaccine efficacy appears strong, repeal of mandatory mask wearing makes perfect sense.

For the folks who refuse to get vaccinated (and have no history of severe vaccination reactions), I think health insurers should stick it to them with hefty premiums. I do realize some folks are unable to get vaccinated for legitimate reasons.

If new variants emerge where vaccine effectiveness is unknown, I will be cracking the masks back out.
Sounds good but then those who have mental health problems should also be charged higher premiums.

Let’s not stop there, if you have a allergy, charge higher!

See how ridiculous that sounds and why it’s not possible
Sounds like an argument against privatized health insurance altogether. :hat

I think MW's argument is more analogous to auto insurance premiums: if you're a decidedly reckless driver, you rightfully have to pay more than a conscientious driver. I don't think it's the slippery slope you're making it out to be.
Fair enough.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

G G

Post by G G » Tue May 18, 2021 2:19 am

I was unmasked at the mall this weekend. I got so many dirty looks from masked libs. Feel proud boys!

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:24 am

G G wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:19 am
I was unmasked at the mall this weekend. I got so many dirty looks from masked libs. Feel proud boys!
I'm pretty much done now. I did get tickled last night. We went to an ice cream stand.
About half the folks waiting in line OUTSIDE were wearing a mask.
I walk right up mask less and got my Chocolate Cherry Flurry. Didn't seem to get any dirty looks.

I myself never did understand wearing one outside before restrictions were eased.
I would wear it all the way back to the car when I left a store. Not because I was worried about catching something.
But because I didn't want to stick it in my pocket, inadvertently carry it in the house, and then forget to take it with me.

My masked bandit days are now officially over. No businesses are going to do anything about it now. Burn The Mask :)

G G

Post by G G » Tue May 25, 2021 11:52 am

I am vaccinated, I am confident that COVID won't bring me down. I think what is lost in this is that people need to start taking better care of themselves. It seems that nutrition plays a big role in whether COVID will cause problems or not.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue May 25, 2021 12:21 pm

G G wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 11:52 am
I am vaccinated, I am confident that COVID won't bring me down. I think what is lost in this is that people need to start taking better care of themselves. It seems that nutrition plays a big role in whether COVID will cause problems or not.
If you're vaccinated, I'm Rand Paul, your US Senator. :x :lol

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

G G

Post by G G » Tue May 25, 2021 12:23 pm

Why would I not be vaccinated? I received my Pfizer shots last month.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic