Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Joey Biden's gas lines and inflation

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Joey Biden's gas lines and inflation

Post by Matt » Wed May 12, 2021 9:18 am

President Joey Biden has brought back some of the less desired features, gas lines and high inflation, of one of his predecessors, President Jimmy Carter. It's almost like history is repeating itself, except Joey Biden won't have the option to build houses for decades to rehabilitate his image after his reign of incompetence ends. His best hope is that he's remembered as the guy that replaced the rude tweeter.

Joey is getting credit for the vaccine development and vaccine distribution, simply because he's in the seat, much like another predecessor, President Ronald Reagan, received credit for the hostage release. Vaccine readiness was announced almost immediately after the election, and Joey's team has adopted his immediate predecessor's plan to distribute the vaccine to private pharmacies after Joey's plan of mass vaccination sites proved unpopular.

This isn't a defense of Joey's predecessor. I'm looking at Joey, and I'm asking to prove me wrong WITHOUT mentioning the last guy.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Re: Joey Biden's gas lines and inflation

Post by bmw » Wed May 12, 2021 9:34 am

But, but, but......according to ABC News, everything is peaches and cream.

This being their top headline this morning: "UN raises global economic forecast to 5.4% growth in 2021," the sub-headline being "The United Nations has responded to the rebounding Chinese and U.S. economies by revising its global economic forecast upward to 5.4% for 2021"

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/rai ... 1-77638593

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 12, 2021 9:36 am

Sell the fear boys, sell the fear...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 12, 2021 9:48 am

Matt wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:18 am
President Joey Biden has brought back some of the less desired features, gas lines and high inflation, of one of his predecessors, President Jimmy Carter. It's almost like history is repeating itself, except Joey Biden won't have the option to build houses for decades to rehabilitate his image after his reign of incompetence ends. His best hope is that he's remembered as the guy that replaced the rude tweeter.

Joey is getting credit for the vaccine development and vaccine distribution, simply because he's in the seat, much like another predecessor, President Ronald Reagan, received credit for the hostage release. Vaccine readiness was announced almost immediately after the election, and Joey's team has adopted his immediate predecessor's plan to distribute the vaccine to private pharmacies after Joey's plan of mass vaccination sites proved unpopular.

This isn't a defense of Joey's predecessor. I'm looking at Joey, and I'm asking to prove me wrong WITHOUT mentioning the last guy.
People are panic buying gas because of the pipeline situation. The pipeline situation coupled with a major rise in demand as the pandemic wains and all that shutdown production isn’t ramped up is causing price pressures that raise the price of fuel. Supply and demand. Demand is currently outstripping supply. That’s got nothing to do with Biden.

Inflation is tepid right now and forecast to remain so as far as the eye can see. I didn’t even have to mention the last guy to shred your bullshit arguments. I barely even had to mention Joey.

His rather high approval ratings speak to how wrong you are.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed May 12, 2021 9:50 am

The good news is that it is much more difficult for most people to hoard large quantities of gasoline than it is, say, toilet paper.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 12, 2021 9:53 am

bmw wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:50 am
The good news is that it is much more difficult for most people to hoard large quantities of gasoline than it is, say, toilet paper.
Yes but people are still managing to sell out gas stations and cause supply issues out east.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed May 12, 2021 11:37 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:48 am
...Inflation is tepid right now and forecast to remain so as far as the eye can see. I didn’t even have to mention the last guy to shred your bullshit arguments. I barely even had to mention Joey.

With his massive spending sprees, Biden's working overtime to 'fix' that one so he can out-do the Jimmy Carter years!

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 12, 2021 12:23 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:34 am
But, but, but......according to ABC News, everything is peaches and cream.
It sounds like ABC News is subtly making the Jimmy/Joey comparison.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 12, 2021 12:58 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 11:37 am
Rate This wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:48 am
...Inflation is tepid right now and forecast to remain so as far as the eye can see. I didn’t even have to mention the last guy to shred your bullshit arguments. I barely even had to mention Joey.

With his massive spending sprees, Biden's working overtime to 'fix' that one so he can out-do the Jimmy Carter years!
The infrastructure bill will be paid for through tax increases on those making $400,000 or more a year as well as a 3% hike in the corporate tax rate. The conditions now are nothing like the 1970’s.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed May 12, 2021 1:02 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 12:58 pm
The infrastructure bill will be paid for through tax increases on those making $400,000 or more a year as well as a 3% hike in the corporate tax rate. The conditions now are nothing like the 1970’s.
Who are you trying to kid? We're over $28,000,000,000,000.00 in debt. That's like if I as a consumer have $100,000 in credit card bills and I say that I'm going to pay for a new TV with my 25 cent raise at work.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 12, 2021 1:05 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 1:02 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 12:58 pm
Who are you trying to kid? We're over $28,000,000,000,000.00 in debt. That's like if I as a consumer have $100,000 in credit card bills and I say that I'm going to pay for a new TV with my 25 cent raise at work.
Yes and there is no evidence that it’s going to drag us down. What’s more it’s numbers on a computer somewhere and it can be reset to 0 at any time. Relax. Besides, if they reset it China goes bye bye.

G G

Post by G G » Tue May 25, 2021 2:29 pm

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 25, 2021 3:06 pm

A decent chunk of the inflationary concerns relate to spending and policy decisions made by the prior administration coupled with worldwide supply chain disruption due to labor constraints. I'm not ready to pin this on Biden...yet.

Policy wise, he has certainly enacted or proposed a number of things that I dislike. The massive capital gains tax hike he supports is a very bad idea.

As far as the national debt is concerned, the recent rate of growth of our national debt is worrisome. Just looking at the debt number in isolation does not present the full picture. GDP growth and the Debt-to-GDP ratio both need to be considered, too. Much like a blue chip stock's P/E ratio, national economies that are more robust & developed, whose currency is highly tradable, and whose economies have better long-term growth prospects can sustain a higher Debt-to-GDP ratio safely than those nations whose economies lack such characteristics.

Lenders lost billions upon billons of dollars due to oil & gas company bankruptcies from 2015 through 2018 and then again last year due to COVID. Those losses are making lenders somewhat gun shy (very understandably) to committing large lines of credit to oil & gas exploration and production companies to support new drilling. Sub-$50 per bbl oil and sub-$2.50 per Mcf natural gas prices, when persisting over extended periods of time, make it difficult for all participants in the supply chain to operate profitably.

Sub-$2 per gallon gasoline was great for all of us consumers, but those prices were a sign of an unhealthy petroleum industry.

Best thing Biden can do is to encourage increased labor force participation and encourage open markets.

Reasonable inflation is a GOOD thing. Interest rates have been far too low for too long, have caused equity markets to become overheated, and non-financial savvy households have perhaps not been savings at rates they should due to pathetically low depository interest rates.

G G

Post by G G » Tue May 25, 2021 3:12 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:06 pm
As far as the national debt is concerned, the recent rate of growth of our national debt is worrisome.
This is why we needed to accept the Penny Plan!

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue May 25, 2021 5:39 pm

G G wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:12 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:06 pm
As far as the national debt is concerned, the recent rate of growth of our national debt is worrisome.
This is why we needed to accept the Penny Plan!
A penny for you to get lost, sign me up! :lol

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic