Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Russian school attacks rare

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Russian school attacks rare

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 11, 2021 10:09 am

In a country the same size as our country they've had one school shooting in the last 18 months.

Why so much different? They do extensive background checks before they issue people weapons.
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday ordered a review of gun control legislation following a deadly shooting at a high school in the central city of Kazan, the Kremlin said.

"The president gave an order to urgently work out a new provision concerning the types of weapons that can be in civilian hands, taking into account the weapon" used in the attack, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters, quoted by AFP.

On Tuesday, seven school children were killed and many more wounded after a lone teenage gunman opened fire in a school in the Russian city of Kazan, the head of the region said.
AFP

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Re: Russian school attacks rare

Post by Rate This » Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:09 am
In a country the same size as our country they've had one school shooting in the last 18 months.

Why so much different? They do extensive background checks before they issue people weapons.
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday ordered a review of gun control legislation following a deadly shooting at a high school in the central city of Kazan, the Kremlin said.

"The president gave an order to urgently work out a new provision concerning the types of weapons that can be in civilian hands, taking into account the weapon" used in the attack, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters, quoted by AFP.

On Tuesday, seven school children were killed and many more wounded after a lone teenage gunman opened fire in a school in the Russian city of Kazan, the head of the region said.
AFP
They are not the same size as us… they have half the people and way more land.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue May 11, 2021 10:25 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 am

They are not the same size as us… they have half the people and way more land.
But it's not surprising that he worships a country like Russia and a leader like Putin.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 11, 2021 10:27 am

Don't confuse me with Donald Trump. Russia certainly a better gun policy.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue May 11, 2021 11:31 am

Yeah whatever.
Russia, Canada, Australia, others.
They all have extensive background checks. These extra precautions have greatly reduced the amount of school and other shooting compared to the "Wild West" USA. Bravo.

But your giving an apples to oranges argument. In these other countries, laws and regulations mean far few people own a gun. Meanwhile, American civilians own 393 million guns, ranking the U.S. number one in firearms per capita. And that per capita will never go to Number Two. Not going to happen. Even if all gun sales ended today, there is still close to half a BILLION guns out there.

If the number of guns out there wasn't this high, I wouldn't feel what I'm about to say.

Arm everyone. Let anyone carry at a school, a church, anywhere. Open carry for all. And get it through people's heads that if you want to carry, you damn sure be prepared to engage.

And if it's you God Given Right to bear arms, don't run and hide when you hear shots fired. IMO this is what's going to get guns took away. A mass shooting at a mall and NO ONE shoots back? In Texas?🐂 💩. Those that jack off to the Second Amendment gotta start knocking some bodies down. Start showing why you need a gun.

If these 60 year old Geritol IV fatso's can't get their weapons past their fat rolls in under 5 seconds, then leave the gun at home.

Seriously. How often you see some Lardo walking around with a gun on his hip totally clueless of his surrounding? You could come up behind him and snatch that gun and he would never see it coming. These are the rectal births that are the most dangerous. I leave them a wide berth when I see one. Because I know these Big Dummies Walking are going to be the first ones shot. Shot while they're trying to hide behind a Hostess Cupcake display. All Big and Brave until it starts going down. And then wetting their pants when it's time to step up. I see this SO much. You do too I'll bet.

Anyways enough of that silliness. I was on a roll.

Getting back on topic. I'll wager in Russia there are people with guns present at them schools. It's Russia. Those kids are safe. Nobody is going to even think of shooting up a school because they know they'll be swiss cheese. I feel it should be the same here. Let every parent be carrying. Every staff member. How many school shootings you think we'd have then?

The horse is out of the barn on restricting gun ownership in America. Yeah sure, if laws were passed years ago it would be a different story. But thinking about regulating it now is folly thinking. In my opinion the best choice is to let everyone carry. And for God's sake, shoot back.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue May 11, 2021 1:14 pm

Gun violence in the USA isn't because of a lack of gun laws.

Gun violence is the USA is because the overall citizenry doesn't place a high enough value on human life, doesn't place a high enough value on taking care of one another, doesn't value civilized discourse, and maybe most of all, doesn't value that it's ok to have a different background / outlook / life philosophy.

Gun violence in the USA is because so many feel hopeless and trapped in the constant battle between "repubs" and "libs".

We have collectively become toxic and our own worst enemies. Too many think the way out is to eliminate those they disagree with.

Literally.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 11, 2021 2:33 pm

Maybe schools in Russia aren't "gun free zones?"

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

G G

Post by G G » Tue May 25, 2021 2:45 pm

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/07 ... ings-trnd/

Scroll to the bottom. Notice the difference between Urban and Rural schools? :thinking:

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue May 25, 2021 4:58 pm

I read the article GG posted. I think we can all be in agreement that every one of these schools was a "Gun Free Zone".

Am I wrong thinking that should be part of the discussion? Pros and Cons of letting any staff and parent carry on school grounds if they desire should be considered.

I'm not saying it's the answer. I'm not saying it's not. But I feel it should be a serious study. It's kind of a shame the NRA can't think of doing something like that.

As much money as the Gun Nut Societies have, they should be letting everyone know anytime anyone carrying prevents a nefarious individual from committing a crime. Literally a half hour infomercial every week. Or at least a YouTube channel. Quit spending money lobbying Congress and start lobbying the American people.
Last edited by Deleted User 14896 on Fri May 28, 2021 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu May 27, 2021 10:57 pm

Amazing that Japan has a H*** population with a very small land footprint(relatively) and has had 1 school shooting in 10 years. Why is that?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri May 28, 2021 2:51 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 10:57 pm
Amazing that Japan has a H*** population with a very small land footprint(relatively) and has had 1 school shooting in 10 years. Why is that?
Here's a cut and paste from an article I just read:

" .... If Japanese people want to own a gun, they must attend an all-day class, pass a written test, and achieve at least 95% accuracy during a shooting-range test. Then they have to pass a mental-health evaluation, which takes place at a hospital, and pass a background check, in which the government digs into their criminal record and interviews friends and family. They can only buy shotguns and air rifles — no handguns — and every three years they must retake the class and initial exam .... "

Going along with what you are saying, sounds like this is working out for them.

I suppose my response to this would be a Xerox copy of what I've already said in this thread.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri May 28, 2021 7:09 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:58 pm
I read the article GG posted. I think we can all be in agreement that every one of these schools was a "Gun Free Zone".

Am I wrong thinking that should be part of the discussion? Pros and Cons of letting any staff and parent carry on school grounds if they desire should be considered.

ByThe Associated Press
May 27, 2021, 1:10 PM
Police: Armed school worker stops attempted kidnap suspect
Police say an armed school employee in Utah held an attempted kidnapping suspect at gunpoint until officers arrived

The incident occurred Tuesday when a man grabbed an 11-year-old girl at a school playground in Ogden. Police say he tried to pull her away until the school employee demanded he leave.

The man let the girl go and the employee took all the children inside, then produced a gun and held the man off when he punched a window in an apparent attempt to force his way inside, police said.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/pol ... t-77944017

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri May 28, 2021 7:23 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 10:57 pm
This is true. Japan also has a lot of vehicles on the road in this very small footprint with more bars per block than anywhere I've been. They have very little problems with drunk driving. Here's why.

Driving Under the Influence, BAC .08 or higher:
Imprisonment with hard labor not to exceed 5 years or fine not exceeding 1,000,000 yen.

Driving While Impaired, BAC .03 to .79
Imprisonment with hard labor not to exceed 3 years or a fine not exceeding 500,000 yen

Providing an intoxicated person with a vehicle
Same punishment as a drunken driver receives shall be applied.

Providing a person with alcohol who subsequently gets a DUI or DWI
Imprisonment with hard labor not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding 500,000 yen for DUI; 2 years imprisonment, 300,000 yen fine for DWI

Riding as passengers in a vehicle operated by an intoxicated person
Imprisonment with hard labor not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding 500,000 yen for DUI; 2 years imprisonment, 300,000 yen fine for DWI

Merely riding in a motor vehicle with someone that has consumed very little more than one beer can get you 2 years in prison, hard labor or a 300,000 yen fine. What do you think the chances laws like that could be enacted in the U.S.?

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri May 28, 2021 7:54 am

Completely ignored in the above arguments about alcohol consumption are the real, scientific racial differences in the physiological and biochemical effects of ethanol consumption in the human body. Also, in many other countries, they don't have nearly the racial diversity that the USA has. So comparing gun laws, drunk driving laws, and violent crime rates in various racially homogenous countries to the US, is not valid.

Don't believe me? Read Dr. Chan's abstract. Dr. Chan is Asian. Not a fat lazy stupid American. You have to believe him. And it's SCIENCE.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2937417/

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri May 28, 2021 8:13 am

They have very strict concealed weapons laws in the United States also. You can't get a CCW, CPL, etc. without all the background checks and skill testing described above. The percentage of people who have CPLs who commit crimes is much lower than the general population, and their backgrounds are much better than the general population. It's the people without CPLs that you have to watch out for. They are the ones committing the crimes. And they will always be able to get guns even if they are illegal. How many people are sneaking in the new open borders with weapons? How many drug cartel members are sneaking in with weapons? How many people sneaking over the border have CPLs? As Indiana Jones said when he heard the siren before the nuke test, "that can't be good at all".

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/68c0a779-7 ... 4b00af082e

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic