Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Proves His Hold Over GOP Again As House Leaders Prepare To Purge Liz Cheney

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Trump Proves His Hold Over GOP Again As House Leaders Prepare To Purge Liz Cheney

Post by Honeyman » Fri May 07, 2021 10:21 am

zzand wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:12 am
As the token Jew here I get really tired of all the comparisons to Nazi Germany. Not one President or party accused of Nazi tactics has ever really come close to Nazi tactics. We have not exterminated 6 million people because of who they were. It needs to stop once and for all.
FTR, I'm a Heeb too zz. The comparison to Nazi Germany was strictly in reference to the term "The Big Lie' which was also attributed to Goebbels and written about in Mein Kampf.

The censorship king from out of state.

zzand

Re: Trump Proves His Hold Over GOP Again As House Leaders Prepare To Purge Liz Cheney

Post by zzand » Fri May 07, 2021 10:26 am

Hey!!! Another member of the tribe...cool!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri May 07, 2021 10:36 am

I've mentioned before I'm a middle of the road moderate with no affinity for either major party. If anything I lean a bit libertarian.
Having said the above Trump was enough to get me to vote for Biden. Four more years of Trump scared me for an already divided country.
I just don't understand why the Republican party doesn't drop kick Trump to the curb and move on. He is a narcissist, he is myopic, he has no filters, he has the speaking skills of a middle schooler and he alienates everybody he doesn't like. They can do better than that.

I no longer directly engage trolls

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri May 07, 2021 11:38 am

craig11152 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:36 am
Four more years of Trump scared me for an already divided country.
And yet it's already WORSE under Biden and company!!
craig11152 wrote:
...I just don't understand why the Republican party doesn't drop kick Trump to the curb and move on. He is a narcissist, he is myopic, he has no filters, he has the speaking skills of a middle schooler and he alienates everybody he doesn't like. They can do better than that.
It's not Republicans or conservatives that keep bringing Trump's name into the forefront. Most of the right doesn't really follow Trump, nor promote him. They promote some of the concepts he supported, like getting our elections straightened out and getting Illegal immigration under control. It's the media and the left that keeps looping Trump into every day conversation about everything.

If Liz Cheney would just ADMIT that there were PLENTY of nefarious activity around the elections, then she'd probably survive. She doesn't have to parrot any line of Trump, nor even mention him, nor even indicate at ALL that the outcome in the last election might have been different. She just needs to acknowledge we have a LOT of work to do to make sure that our elections are held fairly and that there's a process to make sure that only Americans vote and they each get one vote. That's all. Not that hard.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri May 07, 2021 1:12 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:11 am
Simple question for Bryce, bmw, Mike, or anyone else who wants to answer:

Do you think Liz Cheney should be removed from her position?
No don't think she should be. The Repubs or at least the ones with the megaphone are clearly saying your with us or against us, So clearly they are drawing the line of on Trumps side or against him. This will bite them in the ass. They've been losing out to the suburban voter, college educated, women. This will further the distance and personally I will not join them. What happened January 6th and after was reprehensible.
They talk about cancel culture yet cancel their own that speak out on what happened. Does not make sense.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 07, 2021 1:32 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:38 am
craig11152 wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
...I just don't understand why the Republican party doesn't drop kick Trump to the curb and move on. He is a narcissist, he is myopic, he has no filters, he has the speaking skills of a middle schooler and he alienates everybody he doesn't like. They can do better than that.
It's not Republicans or conservatives that keep bringing Trump's name into the forefront. Most of the right doesn't really follow Trump, nor promote him. They promote some of the concepts he supported, like getting our elections straightened out and getting Illegal immigration under control. It's the media and the left that keeps looping Trump into every day conversation about everything.

If Liz Cheney would just ADMIT that there were PLENTY of nefarious activity around the elections, then she'd probably survive. She doesn't have to parrot any line of Trump, nor even mention him, nor even indicate at ALL that the outcome in the last election might have been different. She just needs to acknowledge we have a LOT of work to do to make sure that our elections are held fairly and that there's a process to make sure that only Americans vote and they each get one vote. That's all. Not that hard.
It’s worse in part because half the country has been convinced that the other half stole its win in the last election.

The guy who started that whole thread about rigged elections and stolen votes was... Donald Trump. He did it originally in 2016. He even launched a commission about it that quietly folded after finding nothing. There’s been no evidence presented no matter how many chances they are given. But you cannot mention it and not mention the former president. They are linked at the hip.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 07, 2021 1:40 pm

I see a Trump GOP a win for Democrats. Once infrastructure projects get going, it's going to be harder and harder to vilify Biden, especially after the win he has scored with making vaccinations go as smooth as they have. The whole deficit argument won't gain traction when you look at how it went with Trump. There are just not enough Billionaire's patsies to impact closing the tax loopholes.

I haven't seen a single dog whistle hateful tweet from him either. Swing voters pay attention to this, even though the dyed in hate Trump voters don't.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Fri May 07, 2021 2:07 pm

I'm sorry, you people need to get thru your head that this is a fucking coup attempt by sore losers..
It's not Republicans or conservatives that keep bringing Trump's name into the forefront. Most of the right doesn't really follow Trump, nor promote him. .... It's the media and the left that keeps looping Trump into every day conversation about everything.
Because of course, Ted Cruz is a rabid leftie.
https://www.kristv.com/news/texas-senat ... nald-trump
But that's not what they are asking her to do... they are asking her to ignore comments from the former president like this -
Has the Michigan State Senate started their review of the Fraudulent Presidential Election of 2020 yet, or are they about to start?
Georgia’s election reform law is far too weak and soft to ensure real ballot integrity! Election Day is supposed to be Election Day, not Election Week or Election Month. Far too many days are given to vote. Too much “mischief” can happen during this very long period of time.
Except for massive voter fraud, this was a campaign that was easily won by your favorite Republican President, me!
Here's what Cheney said, in the leftie newsletter known as The Washington Post -
I am a conservative Republican, and the most conservative of conservative values is reverence for the rule of law. Each of us swears an oath before God to uphold our Constitution. The electoral college has spoken. More than 60 state and federal courts, including multiple Trump-appointed judges, have rejected the former president’s arguments, and refused to overturn election results. That is the rule of law; that is our constitutional system for resolving claims of election fraud.
This is fun to watch, the R's meltdown right in front of our eyes.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 07, 2021 3:20 pm

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat May 08, 2021 2:13 pm

We hate cancelling unless we do it.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat May 08, 2021 7:34 pm

The "Far Left" National Review just skewers Trump and the GOP on Cheney:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/05/ ... e-problem/

"It isn’t Cheney who is preventing Republicans from moving on and repairing the wounds from the 2020 election. It is Trump himself. Six months after being defeated, he still won’t drop it — in statements, in TV appearances, and in impromptu speeches to small crowds at Mar-a-Lago."

G G

Post by G G » Sat May 08, 2021 8:12 pm

Its no lie that Liz Cheney's breath smells like fish.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat May 08, 2021 11:37 pm

G G wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:12 pm
Its no lie that Liz Cheney's breath smells like fish.
As usual, a stupid, non-sensical, gay-bashing, idiotic quote from the biggest dope on the site.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 09, 2021 8:07 am

How so?

Under Trump, we saw numerous cities set a ablaze and malicious destruction (almost entirely by his supporters) at the Capitol.

Under Trump, on national TV on the most prominent stages, he intentionally gave a muddled message on issues of race relations and claimed he "didn't know" certain known extremist individuals or groups mentioned by name.

At the onset of COVID-19, he seemed equally as concerned with playing political games as working decisively to disseminate resources in swift and efficient fashion. How many tweets of his contained the phrases "DEMOCRAT mayor" or "DEMOCRAT governor" in a blistering tone? (His dopey son even referred to the Texas governor as a Democrat at one point.)

Then, being the absolute attention whore that he is, he became upset when various news organizations favored Dr. Anthony Fauci (he became jealous of the affection being sent in Fauci's direction) so he decided to undermine Fauci by placing some quack doctor from Stanford on a pedestal.

Sorry, but when it comes to unifying the country, Trump by far has the worst track record of any President of my lifetime. The man is a complete narcissist and has no issue fomenting conflict if he feels it can be used to his personal advantage.

Ronald Reagan and George Herbert Walker Bush have the strongest track records in that realm. I bet Mr. Reagan is rolling over in his grave at what's become of the GOP in the Trump age.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 09, 2021 9:41 am

km1125 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:38 am
craig11152 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:07 am
How so?
Let's start with approval rating gaps by party. This per Gallup based on polling in each President's first 3 months in office:

50 - Bill Clinton
57 - George W. Bush
56 - Barrack Obama
77 - Donald Trump
86 - Joe Biden

https://news.gallup.com/poll/346622/bid ... yndication

The breakdown of that 86 percent number? Joe Biden's approval rating among Democrats is at 96 and among Republicans is at 10.
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:07 am
Sorry, but when it comes to unifying the country, Trump by far has the worst track record of any President of my lifetime.
This is quantitatively incorrect based on the above polling data. Having 96 percent of your own party support you while only 10 percent of the opposition party support you is about as divided as you can get.

btw - what specific actions has Joe Biden taken to unify the country? I sure haven't seen any. He talks unity, but he hasn't actually done ANYTHING to bring about said unity that I have seen. I think your hatred for Donald Trump is clouding your judgment of Joe Biden.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic