Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

22% of New COVID Cases are Children; How Pro Life Are They Anyways?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

22% of New COVID Cases are Children; How Pro Life Are They Anyways?

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue May 04, 2021 9:14 pm

Anyone want to play a rousing game of "how pro life are they anyways?" What about the long term effects to these kids? Who cares about them? Can someone be pro life while ignoring long hauler symptoms?

https://www.wxyz.com/news/national/coro ... e-children
Last edited by MotorCityRadioFreak on Tue May 04, 2021 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Re: 22% of New COVID Cases are Children; How Pro Life Are They Anyways?

Post by bmw » Tue May 04, 2021 9:30 pm

Would you rather it instead be older people who are more prone to problems?

I say GOOD - gets us to herd immunity that much faster. The hospitalization rate in this age group, per the article you linked, is 0.1 to 1.9 percent, and mortality rate is 0 to 0.03%. So take those averages - 1.0% and 0.015% and then divide them by 5 since those stats are based on REPORTED cases and you end up with a hospitalization rate of 0.2% and a mortality rate of 0.003%.

Meanwhile, suicide rates are higher than this in this age group, and that is as of 2018. I can only imagine what 2020 and 2021's suicide numbers will look like.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 04, 2021 9:32 pm

Really grasping at straws to keep covid fear going, MCRF.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 04, 2021 9:36 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:32 pm
Really grasping at straws to keep covid fear going, MCRF.
I don't know what his alternative plan is to stop it from spreading. Lock everyone away in sterile bubbles for the next 10 years?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue May 04, 2021 11:10 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:30 pm

I say GOOD - gets us to herd immunity that much faster. The hospitalization rate in this age group, per the article you linked, is 0.1 to 1.9 percent, and mortality rate is 0 to 0.03%. So take those averages - 1.0% and 0.015% and then divide them by 5 since those stats are based on REPORTED cases and you end up with a hospitalization rate of 0.2% and a mortality rate of 0.003%.

Meanwhile, suicide rates are higher than this in this age group, and that is as of 2018. I can only imagine what 2020 and 2021's suicide numbers will look like.
COVID causes depression and suicide. I expect as long hauler symptoms continue and refuse to abate for some, we will have more suicides. But keep the COVID spreading, you guys seem to get off on this pandemic.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 04, 2021 11:27 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:10 pm
COVID causes depression and suicide.
So does the government's response to Covid and the fallout said response has caused.
I expect as long hauler symptoms continue and refuse to abate for some, we will have more suicides. But keep the COVID spreading, you guys seem to get off on this pandemic.
We want it over ASAP. It is just that some of us have come to realize that herd immunity IS the only way it ends - that should have become clear to anybody by a year ago when the first studies were released showing just how high the R0 values were (how contagious it is). It only took a little over a year for HALF of the US population to get it, and that was in spite of lockdowns, masks, and social distancing. Basically, the only real difference between my point of view and yours is that I figured out long ago that not a damn thing the government does is going to do anything more than marginally slow down the spread of the virus. And now that there's a readily available vaccine, the only people holding up herd immunity at this point are those who are unvaccinated and haven't yet had the illness, so those people need to either get vaccinated or get the illness as soon as possible so we can end this thing.

And I don't want to hear that herd immunity can't happen. I think that's utter BS given how effective the vaccine is combined with how contagious the virus is. The only thing that could really screw up herd immunity at this point is a new variant that the vaccine and/or natural immunity can't protect against - which, if that happens, that's just another reason why we should get this over ASAP instead of dragging it out to give the virus more time to mutate.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 05, 2021 6:27 am

I say this in all seriousness, our friend MCRF is in need of medical help. He is not dealing with this at all and is coming unglued and we are all witnessing it. Covid is a virus, like the common cold and the flu and as such is most likely going to always be around in some form or another. Herd Immunity is the only thing that will allow us to get back to normal and live with it as a part of life like the flu and colds. Yes, there will most likely be boosters needed, like yearly flu shots but living life locked in your home is not nor has it ever been the answer to getting past this.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 05, 2021 9:47 am

bmw wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:30 pm

Actually I was reading not too long ago that there has been no measurable increase in suicides. That part didn’t pan out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic