Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Florida School Threatens to Fire Teachers Who Get Vaccinated.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Florida School Threatens to Fire Teachers Who Get Vaccinated.

Post by bmw » Tue May 04, 2021 9:10 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:31 am
Is it fair for an employer not hire someone simply because they are a smoker? Or overweight? Or confined to a wheelchair?
Pretty sure the last one would be within a protected class. Unless, said confinement would render it impossible for that person to do their job (ie, you wouldn't hire someone in a wheel chair to work on power lines when the power goes out).

btw - if employers want to increase productivity, simply avoid hiring Democrats. Statistically speaking, I'm sure that would be a winning move.

Rate This

Re: Florida School Threatens to Fire Teachers Who Get Vaccinated.

Post by Rate This » Wed May 05, 2021 9:48 am

bmw wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:10 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:31 am
Is it fair for an employer not hire someone simply because they are a smoker? Or overweight? Or confined to a wheelchair?
Pretty sure the last one would be within a protected class. Unless, said confinement would render it impossible for that person to do their job (ie, you wouldn't hire someone in a wheel chair to work on power lines when the power goes out).

btw - if employers want to increase productivity, simply avoid hiring Democrats. Statistically speaking, I'm sure that would be a winning move.
What does that last part even mean? Was it tongue in cheek or a serious comment?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic