Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Actual Covid mortality rate sinks to 0.36% in the US

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Actual Covid mortality rate sinks to 0.36% in the US

Post by bmw » Sun May 02, 2021 9:13 am

When comparing reported cases to actual cases, a recent study out of Columbia University (February 2021) suggests that:
This discrepancy alone was H***: Shaman estimates that over the entirety of the pandemic, five times more people have been infected than were reported.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... KgnN86StXs

Now of course NPR being NPR, they try to make this look bad. But what it REALLY means is that Covid isn't nearly as deadly as the media has made it out to be. While there's 32.4 million reported cases in the US, the actual number is closer to 162 million. Take 576,000 reported deaths, divide that by 162 million cases, and you end up with an actual mortality rate of 0.36%. And in reality, the actual number is even lower than that as some of those people died "with" Covid as opposed to "from" Covid.

craig11152

Re: Actual Covid mortality rate sinks to 0.36% in the US

Post by craig11152 » Sun May 02, 2021 11:47 am

I don't disagree with the logic but 162 million is almost to more than half the country. Add to that the number of people fully vaccinated and I have to wonder why the number of cases isn't plummeting.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun May 02, 2021 11:55 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 11:47 am
I don't disagree with the logic but 162 million is almost to more than half the country. Add to that the number of people fully vaccinated and I have to wonder why the number of cases isn't plummeting.
They generally are. The new infections are people who have chosen not to be vaccinated.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 02, 2021 1:01 pm

New case numbers are going to lag a bit, especially until a higher percentage of people get the SECOND shot, but I think we're well on our way. Over the course of May I think we're going to see the number of daily new cases in the US plunge and by June we should be darn close to herd immunity. Even the IMHE projects that new daily cases will be down 80 percent by July 1 compared to today.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Sun May 02, 2021 1:30 pm

What does this have to do with “trannies”?

Sorry, I thought the PolPot had changed into the transgender news board.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 02, 2021 2:32 pm

This is what happens over time. Hospital said learn how to effectively treat critical covid cases more successfully.

The long haulers are another part of this equation that can't be ignored. Someone who dies 6 months after being infected because their organs were compromised or other health issues take over as result of covid won't be counted as covid deaths, yet they are a direct result.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Sun May 02, 2021 3:00 pm

I agree with TC Talks here... doctors have learned a lot in the past year on how to effectively treat COVID in the hospital, reducing mortality rates. Regardless of actual cases, there's no question as to how severely hospitalization rates with COVID have overwhelmed the healthcare system here and abroad.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun May 02, 2021 4:29 pm

We haven't really learned shit about how to treat this, other than slapping in some Remdesiver or Regeneron. Folks have trouble breathing and I think we do treat them a little better with O2 (and high-temp O2) but once they slap them on a ventilator we're back to early 2020.

I haven't seen any real progress on trying to identify why some folks are really hit hard even though they are in normally good health and others virtually untouched when they get sick.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 03, 2021 11:13 pm

"The New Apathy" but hey congratulations to those of you who have figured out how to manipulate the mortality rate to look really good. I guess you can feel comforted by the only people dying at this point are choosing to die by not getting the vaccine. How's that herd mentality going?
“That is not something they can prepare you for in nursing school. And they especially can’t prepare you to see it day after day,” Curran says.

While she’s mostly numb to the effects of the transmissible disease, Curran’s disturbed by some patients who struggle to fight the illness, including young people in their 20s and 30s.

“You’re like, ‘they've barely even lived and here they are on a ventilator and we’re trying to keep them alive,’” she says. “You’re constantly thinking that could be me in this bed.”
https://www.interlochenpublicradio.org/ ... -my-career

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue May 04, 2021 1:15 am

I'm wondering if anybody tracked the mortality stats to the various hospital systems or groups.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 04, 2021 6:15 am

From what I am reading and hearing we are quickly reaching the point where those who want the vaccine have either gotten it or are in the process of getting it. There are those, of all political bents, who will never do it and there is nothing that can be done about that.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 04, 2021 10:34 am

zzand wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:15 am
From what I am reading and hearing we are quickly reaching the point where those who want the vaccine have either gotten it or are in the process of getting it. There are those, of all political bents, who will never do it and there is nothing that can be done about that.
The government may be forced to give up eventually.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 04, 2021 10:47 am

New Jersey is offering free beer with proof of a jab. States need to get inventive

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic