Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden's America

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 14896

Re: Biden's America

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat May 01, 2021 8:18 am

Bidengirl wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:40 am
Gas prices are up and nobody wants to work.
Everyone with some gray matter between their ears has found a job paying $15+ an hour with benefits. I'm not surprised places only paying $10-12 can't get anyone.

Plus too many people just are not using any common sense to find a good job. The good ones are not being posted on Facebook. Or on Craigslist.

Look around. Ask around. Ask your friends and family with a good job "Where do you work?". And then knock on the door and fill out an app. Get your name in there. So ya gotta go to 20 places and half a tank of gas. Get off your ass. It will be worth it.

Myself, if I couldn't find a good job, I'd hire into Speedway (they'll hire any mutant). I'd make 3x5 mini resumes and hand them to every affluent looking customer that walked through the door.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Sat May 01, 2021 8:49 am

The hospital I work at is hiding nursing assistants at $15/hour plus benefits (isn’t that supposed to be that mandatory minimum from the Dems). No experience required and no education requirements beyond a HS diploma. We still have so much trouble finding enough with any sort of work ethic.

With vaccines being widely available and America reopening even in the strictest of places, do we still need this bonus unemployment?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat May 01, 2021 9:19 am

I'm surprised there's a lot of interest in a "jobs, jobs, jobs" boondoggle spending package when there's PLENTY of JOBS out there and not enough folks interested in WORKING. Why spend TRILLIONS on new jobs when there aren't enough folks out there actually will to put in a day WORKING??

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat May 01, 2021 8:17 pm

Chrocket87 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:49 am
The hospital I work at is hiding nursing assistants at $15/hour plus benefits (isn’t that supposed to be that mandatory minimum from the Dems). No experience required and no education requirements beyond a HS diploma. We still have so much trouble finding enough with any sort of work ethic.

With vaccines being widely available and America reopening even in the strictest of places, do we still need this bonus unemployment?
Not everyone is physically able to stand on their feet for 12 hours a day nor put themselves at risk of COVID, MRSA, and whatever else flies around the hospital.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:58 pm

There is a guy named Ignatius William Newcomb who would like a job as a button pusher. Perfectly willing to push a button and wipe out over a billion communist Chinese in the name of the United States.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic