Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The People Aren't Buying What Hollywood Is Selling

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

The People Aren't Buying What Hollywood Is Selling

Post by TC Shuts Up » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:03 am

Oscar Ratings down from 2020 by 58% from 2020 to under 10 million viewers.

This show is supposed to be about movies, not Left Wing Politics. Plus today's movies are a load of crap. They always have been for the most part. They used to hide behind inflated positive reviews and making people feel guilty for "spoiler alerts" if you told people how crummy the movies really are.

Look Hollywood people, you act out something that only vaguely resembles reality, and read lines off a teleprompter. And then you presume to tell us how to think and act. And you get paid obscene amounts for something that contributes little to society.

The majority of us are through with your nonsense. There are probably at most only a hundred or so decent movies in the history of the movies.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/oscar ... 1619462611

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Deleted User 14896

Re: The People Aren't Buying What Hollywood Is Selling

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:23 am

I sorta said the same thing in another thread. How many of us here on Buzzboard went to a theater and seen a movie? I'm thinking the answer is none.
They were all closed.

Yet the media is perplexed why viewing of the Oscars was down?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:28 am

People watch movies on all sizes of screens these days, when they want, in any location. Awards shows in general have lost their appeal. The Academy Awards are political and all about money. No more “magic” of Hollywood. Just another polluting industry.

Every once in a while a flick breaks through. An actor, scene, sound track, or story. But are you compelled to watch it/them go on to win stuff? Not really.

You’d rather watch another movie that moves you.

Deleted User 14896

Double Dipping

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:11 am

screen glare wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:28 am
People watch movies on all sizes of screens these days, when they want, in any location. Awards shows in general have lost their appeal. The Academy Awards are political and all about money. No more “magic” of Hollywood. Just another polluting industry.
Good points.

Myself, I don't think of a movie made by Apple or Amazon or Netflix, and only available on TV's and tablets as being Oscar eligible. I suppose they may be. It just don't cross my mind. I watched plenty of Netflix and Amazon movies in the last year since I've not been allowed in the theater.

And I suppose some of my thinking may stem from streaming services movies have won Emmys. Can the same movie get an Oscar and an Emmy?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:20 pm

Bidengirl wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:36 am
Men in dresses.

Bashing cops.

You'd never know it was supposed to be an "awards show."

The gayer the Oscars get, the fewer the people watching.
26 Words, zero substance. All recycled from your other 4 usernames.

kager

Post by kager » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:00 pm

There's gotta be an agreement or relationship somewhere having allowed these latest iterations of MrDementiaGirl to return and remain. I believe the count of previously-used tags (only 4? - yah) to be grossly underestimated. There are likely at least that many in use right now.

Popcorn consumption is way up watching acrobatics of those feeding it, instead of starving the MPD attention whore by ignoring it.

Carry on.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed May 05, 2021 6:20 pm

I don't even know what Hollywood is selling. Could you please provide additional information on what the product is that they are selling that you are talking about?

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed May 05, 2021 7:34 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:20 pm
I don't even know what Hollywood is selling. Could you please provide additional information on what the product is that they are selling that you are talking about?
I suppose this is what many in this thread have been saying. The theaters were closed. Who seen a movie? Why have Oscars this year? Should some movie that has never been in a theater eligible for an Oscar? Should made-for-TV movies be eligible for an Oscar? All fair questions.

Nobody went and seen a movie. How can anyone know what Hollywood is selling?

Unfortunately this hasn't stopped the self centered egotistical film industry (and our local media) from assuming all of America is breathlessly awaiting the Academy Awards.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic