Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Everything should open fully by Memorial Day

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Everything should open fully by Memorial Day

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:54 pm

We're at the point where walk-in vaccinations are happening and plenty of appointments are available for those who wish to get them. Supply has officially outpaced demand. There is no reason that the country can't be fully open for business by Memorial Day. Parents will have to make choices for children 15 and under, based on the level of comfortability with associated risks. It's time to take major steps toward a return to normalcy.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Re: Everything should open fully by Memorial Day

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:06 pm

One year ago.

Vice President Mike Pence said he thinks the U.S. coronavirus outbreak could be over by the nation’s Memorial Day holiday on May 25.

“I truly do believe that if we all continue to do that kind of social distancing and other guidance broadly from federal and state officials, that we’re going to put this coronavirus in the past,” Pence said on Geraldo Rivera’s radio show Friday. “I believe by early June we’re going to see our nation largely past this epidemic.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... morial-day

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:54 pm

Bidengirl wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:59 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:54 pm
We're at the point where walk-in vaccinations are happening and plenty of appointments are available for those who wish to get them. Supply has officially outpaced demand. There is no reason that the country can't be fully open for business by Memorial Day. Parents will have to make choices for children 15 and under, based on the level of comfortability with associated risks. It's time to take major steps toward a return to normalcy.
Everything should have been opened since March 2020.
India disagrees. https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... 9466353822

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:13 pm

Matt wrote:
I overall agree with your sentiment, but disagree with the timeline. The metrics I am most concerned with relate to stress on the healthcare system and those indicators are still lagging a bit, especially in Michigan. Many counties in lower Michigan still have >30% staffed ICU bed occupancy for COVID-19. I can't wait for COVID restrictions to be lifted and deal with a sense of normality again. The quicker we get vulnerable populations vaccinated, I'm certain hospitalization numbers will improve to the point that even the medical systems will start pushing for broader reopenings. My best uneducated guess is that'll be sometime in June or July.

Source: CDC COVID Data Tracker

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:51 pm

jadednihilist wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:13 pm
Matt wrote:
I overall agree with your sentiment, but disagree with the timeline. The metrics I am most concerned with relate to stress on the healthcare system and those indicators are still lagging a bit, especially in Michigan. Many counties in lower Michigan still have >30% staffed ICU bed occupancy for COVID-19. I can't wait for COVID restrictions to be lifted and deal with a sense of normality again. The quicker we get vulnerable populations vaccinated, I'm certain hospitalization numbers will improve to the point that even the medical systems will start pushing for broader reopenings. My best uneducated guess is that'll be sometime in June or July.

Source: CDC COVID Data Tracker
My original date was going to be the holiday that no one cares about: Flag Day. That seems like a good split the difference timeline. It is interesting to note that nine of the top 10 counties for vaccination rates touch either Lake Michigan/Huron (Leelanau, Emmet, Grand Traverse, Charlevoix, Benzie, and Presque Isle) or Lake Superior (Ontonagon, Marquette, and Alger). The tenth is Washtenaw, for obvious reasons. Granted, those are smaller population, but it would seem the locals are gearing up for the coming influx of visitors.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:28 pm

Traverse City area makes sense to me, as does Washtenaw County and Marquette. Ontonagan and Alger counties are pretty interesting and unexpected. Perhaps it's an artifact of their low populations?

And hopefully by Flag Day the hospital system ends up being in better shape. I like that deadline!

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:25 pm

Alger is Munising and the Pictured Rocks. They're experiencing new records for visitors nearly annually.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:39 pm

:rollin :rollin Surprised you Commie bastards didn't pick May 1st.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:07 pm

Too soon, too soon.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:29 pm

I'm at a point where the only people who are not vaccinated are the idiots or children.

I'm very concerned about the impact on the virus with children and they're going to have to modify their behavior to not be put at risk. But at that point it is up to the parents and kids to be diligent.

Any adult not vaccinated are doing that because of a personal choice. Most are Trump supporters.

When we didn't have an option like a vaccine I was extremely supportive of lockdowns. But those conditions have changed. Now it comes down to personal choice.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:14 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:29 pm
I'm at a point where the only people who are not vaccinated are the idiots or children.

I'm very concerned about the impact on the virus with children and they're going to have to modify their behavior to not be put at risk. But at that point it is up to the parents and kids to be diligent.

Any adult not vaccinated are doing that because of a personal choice. Most are Trump supporters.

When we didn't have an option like a vaccine I was extremely supportive of lockdowns. But those conditions have changed. Now it comes down to personal choice.
Close, but there are still people in Macomb County(adults) who couldn't get in. My brother gets his first dose tomorrow.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:35 am

This should be resolved by Memorial Day.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:11 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:14 am
Close, but there are still people in Macomb County(adults) who couldn't get in. My brother gets his first dose tomorrow.
So how's your feelings about sharing the vaccine with other countries before everyone here in the states has been vaccinated?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:18 pm

It depends on the country. In places like Brazil and India where the virus is raging, I support it. However, for places like Canada that have contained the virus to a degree(at least better than us), I would say no. I am sure this is some type of gotcha question.

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:13 pm

jadednihilist wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:28 pm
Traverse City area makes sense to me, as does Washtenaw County and Marquette. Ontonagan and Alger counties are pretty interesting and unexpected. Perhaps it's an artifact of their low populations?

And hopefully by Flag Day the hospital system ends up being in better shape. I like that deadline!
We were close: https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2 ... -days.html

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic