Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Adam Toledo shooting

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Adam Toledo shooting

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:30 am

The kid never had a gun. Another bad cop, and they wonder why people are pissed off.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:36 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:30 am
The kid never had a gun. Another bad cop, and they wonder why people are pissed off.
Where'd the gun shot residue on his hand come from???

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:23 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:30 am
I guess you view CNN as fake news too...
CNN teams have viewed the footage, which appears to show less than one second pass between the time Adam Toledo draws a handgun and an officer fires a single, fatal shot that hits him in the chest.
https://archive.is/1Bpfi#selection-1243.0-1243.197

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:13 am

It's like talking to brick walls.

LL101
MCRF

Go back and watch the video! Look at the screenshot I posted. That's a gun he's carrying.

I don't know if the two of you are willfully ignorant or just trolling. I suspect it is both.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:14 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:13 am
LL101
MCRF
I don't know if the two of you are willfully ignorant or just trolling. I suspect it is both.
There's something I've been pondering for a few days. I may be higher than the cost of living saying this.
It just to me feels like Bidengirl and Freak's postings have the same flavor to them. They seem resemblant.
An alter ego perhaps?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:54 pm

To answer bmw's early query - that's an easy question to answer.

The dumb bitch cop in Dallas, TX who illegally entered the wrong apartment after ending her shift, thinking it was her own, and then murdering the resident inside. She killed a young man who was remarkably kind and embarking on a professional career.

That incident occurred maybe two years ago. I'm amazed you don't remember it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:29 pm

She was off-duty at the time and thus not acting in her capacity as a police officer. Hence, why I didn't include her. She was found guilty of murder, btw.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:34 pm

As she should've been!

Example two: Australian woman in Minneapolis (Justine Damond) calls cops for help. Just witnessed assault and battery outside. Cops arrive. The responding officer shoots and kills her.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:55 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:47 am
Can anyone point to a single instance of a truly "model citizen" just minding his/her own business being killed by a cop anytime in the past 50 years?

I'll settle for just one.
-
-
-
-
The anatomy of a shootout

FEBRUARY 27 1984 MICHAEL MCDEVITT

The anatomy of a shootout

Quebec newspapers have labelled the grim episode Le fusillade de Rock Forest—the shootout at Rock Forest. On the morning of Dec. 23, as two out-of-town carpet layers slept in their motel room in the Eastern Townships village, a posse of police arrived at the door in search of two robbery and murder suspects. In the ensuing events Serge Beaudoin, 33, was fatally wounded in a hail of submachinegun fire, and Jean-Paul Beaumont, 32, was shot in the face. But within hours residents were shocked to discover that the men had been innocent victims of a grotesque error. Then, last week a three-day inquest into the killing held in Sherbrooke heard disturbingly contradictory accounts of just what happened that day, as the policemen involved insisted that they had acted properly. At one point, the detective who commanded the operation described the two officers, who were suspended as a result of the shooting, as “guys who know how to control themselves when it comes to handling firearms.”

Beaudoin and Beaumont, who were from the village of Ancienne Lorette near Quebec City, checked in for the night at Rock Forest’s Le Chatillon motel after laying carpets at Bell Canada’s offices in nearby Sherbrooke. According to the police officers, who testified before acting coroner Denys Dionne, they believed that the two men were the same ones who had killed a Brink’s guard on Dec. 22 while holding up a Sherbrooke hardware store. A car stolen in the Quebec City area, containing clothes and a rifle that police thought had been used in the shooting, was found near the motel. As well, the two carpet layers generally matched the descriptions of the suspects.

The police account of the motel raid— by eight Sherbrooke police officers and two members of the Rock Forest force— differed from the testimony of JeanPaul Beaumont, the carpet layer who survived the shootout. Sherbrooke Det. André Castonguay said that after he kicked open the motel room door fellow Det. Roger Dion rushed in shouting: “Police. Don’t move.” Castonguay, who fired 20 rounds from an Israeli-designed Uzi submachine-gun through the door of the room, testified that he began shooting because he thought Dion was being attacked inside the room. But Beaumont told the inquest that the door was not opened until after the shooting ended, when he crawled to the door to let the police in.

Coroner Dionne, a Quebec sessions judge and former head of the Quebec Police Commission’s inquiry into organized crime, reserved judgment until this week. Under existing Quebec law, Dionne is required to determine whether criminal responsibility exists. As the inglorious tale of the shootout at Rock Forest unfolded, Serge Beaudoin’s mother and widow sat listening, along with his brother Gilles. When André Castonguay left the courtroom, the dead man’s brother rendered his own verdict—he spat in Castonguay’s face.

MICHAEL McDEVITT in Sherbrooke.
https://archive.macleans.ca/article/198 ... a-shootout

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:24 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:29 pm
She was off-duty at the time and thus not acting in her capacity as a police officer. Hence, why I didn't include her.
Bullshit. Had she stopped a crime in commission while not on the clock you'd be falling all over yourself to parade the fact that she was a cop off duty and being a hero. If you fail to acknowledge the screw-up's then the good stuff shouldn't get counted either.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:14 pm

The capacity in which one acts matters. Just ask any police department, or for that matter, any governmental entity, that gets sued civilly for the actions of one of its employees. Because if said employee is not acting in his/her capacity as a government employee, then the governmental entity is not liable.

I would call ANYBODY who stops a crime in progress a hero. Your what-about-ism in this case is a straw man.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:28 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:34 pm
Example two: Australian woman in Minneapolis (Justine Damond) calls cops for help. Just witnessed assault and battery outside. Cops arrive. The responding officer shoots and kills her.
I'm not familiar with this case, so I had to look it up. From what I found, the cop was found guilty of 3rd degree murder and 2nd degree manslaughter. I do note that neither charge carries with it the intent to kill. I also note that based on what I read, the victim (Justine Damond) had approached the police car, in a dark alley, in the very vicinity of where she had reported that a sexual assault may have just been committed. Approaching the car under those circumstances was not a good idea. She should have remained in her house, and if she wanted to talk to the cop, she should have again called 911 and asked them to radio the cop with that request.

All that said, this is certainly much closer to what I asked for, and a 3rd degree murder conviction may well have been appropriate, and I would agree that Ms. Damond absolutely did not deserve to die. But given the exact circumstances as reported along with the lack of any video footage of exactly what happened, this one at least for me isn't an example of a cop just going up and murdering someone who was minding their own business.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:35 am

this one at least for me isn't an example of a cop just going up and murdering someone who was minding their own business.
The Dallas example was a perfect example. The fact you choose to disregard it because the officer in question was "off the clock" is ridiculous.

Recall, that this is what you requested:
Can anyone point to a single instance of a truly "model citizen" just minding his/her own business being killed by a cop anytime in the past 50 years?
The person killed was a model citizen and indeed was minding his own business!

There are a lot of people who wear the badge that are undeserving of the privilege; they lack the mental and emotional fortitude necessary for that highly challenging job.

Large rollbacks in public safety funding are NOT the answer; let me make that clear. Part of the problem with the police force today is the relatively low starting pay attracts substandard individuals to the profession.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:01 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:35 am
this one at least for me isn't an example of a cop just going up and murdering someone who was minding their own business.
The Dallas example was a perfect example. The fact you choose to disregard it because the officer in question was "off the clock" is ridiculous.

Recall, that this is what you requested:
The person killed was a model citizen and indeed was minding his own business!
That portion of my quote was in response to the 2nd (Minneapolis) example you provided, not the Dallas one. I never said that the person in Dallas wasn't a model citizen or not minding their own business. If you're going to criticize my position, please at least attribute the correct quotes to the correct scenarios.

I said it once just a few posts up, and I'll say it again because you apparently missed it - the person in the Dallas example was NOT acting in her capacity as a police officer. Your position on this would not hold up in Court if you were pursuing a civil suit against the police department. This incident could have involved ANYONE who had just put in a 13-hour shift, be it a cop, a taxi-cab driver, a construction worker, whatever. Any private citizen could have been legally armed and could have done what this cop did. To be crystal clear - I am NOT suggesting that this was a justified use of deadly force. What I AM suggesting is the fact that the perpetrator was a cop is irrelevant; she was acting in her capacity as a private citizen, NOT in her capacity as a cop. If you think this is a ridiculous argument, fine. But from a legal standpoint, I am 100 percent confident that I am correct.
There are a lot of people who wear the badge that are undeserving of the privilege; they lack the mental and emotional fortitude necessary for that highly challenging job.

Large rollbacks in public safety funding are NOT the answer; let me make that clear. Part of the problem with the police force today is the relatively low starting pay attracts substandard individuals to the profession.
I don't dispute this (though I would be curious what you mean by "a lot"). But being unqualified for the job is not really what I was asking for. Perhaps I should have worded my original question differently - what I'm looking for is any cop who INTENTIONALLY killed an innocent person just minding their own business. Because the narrative today is that these "bad" cops are doing just that - out killing perfectly innocent people on purpose, usually because of their race, and what I'm suggesting is that THIS is an unfair narrative. The examples you have provided, while worthy of discussion, just aren't the same thing.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:01 pm

Bidengirl wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:31 pm
Remember the rejects in your elementary, junior high, and high school classes?

I'm guessing most of them became police officers.

They want to wield power over others that bullied them. They want affirmation, power, and a way to demand respect.
I know two from my school that ended being cops. NEITHER fits your description at all, so you're 0-2 there.
Bidengirl wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:31 pm
Oh, and you don't need a 4-year college degree to be a cop.
Depends on the department. MANY do require it and have for a LONG time. I would not be surprised if many places are relaxing those standards, as nobody has been able to fulfill their recruitment goals. They also now allow visible tattoos (which many never would allow) and also past drug activity. What do you think that's going to do to to the future effectiveness of LEO departments?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic