Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Evanston introduces reparations

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Chrocket87

Evanston introduces reparations

Post by Chrocket87 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:20 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp

Evanston is starting to give black families reparations money. Oakland, a city that is just flush with cash, is also giving away money to poor families, but white families are not eligible. I love this idea. Hopefully President Harris will make this idea go nationwide. I’d even pay 100% of my income to make amends for what my ancestors (who were still in Europe) did.

My approval for this boneheaded idea is a horrible attempt at an April Fools joke.
Last edited by Chrocket87 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Re: Evanston introduces reparations

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:34 pm

Chrocket87 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:20 pm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp

Evanston is starting to give black families reparations money. Oakland, a city that is just flush with cash, is also giving away money to poor families, but white families are not eligible. I love this idea. Hopefully President Harris will make this idea go nationwide. I’d even pay 100% of my income to make amends for what my ancestors (who were still in Europe) did.
*cough* But local control is fundamental to our system of government *cough*

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:21 pm

If I were a lawyer I'd start searching for disadvantaged "non black" folks and see if they want to spearhead a suit about how racist this program is. I'm sure it's a direct violation of at least a handful of federal laws and probably state laws too.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:26 pm

Are the descendants of the 3000 plus black folks that owned slaves going to pony up?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:08 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:26 pm
Are the descendants of the 3000 plus black folks that owned slaves going to pony up?
So the conservative position is “Local autonomy and control AS LONG AS WE LIKE IT”? Do I have that right?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:24 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:08 pm
Bryce wrote:
So the conservative position is “Local autonomy and control AS LONG AS WE LIKE IT”? Do I have that right?
Pretty much.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:52 am

It's been said here on Buzzboard before, and I agree. Put the money in education. Open up the article, scroll to the bottom, and read the short bios of the two that wrote it. Two guys that got a good education.

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:39 am

We gave them Liberia, and you see what happened there.
We gave them liberal welfare packages, and you see what happened there.
We gave them an education system and affirmative action, and you see what happened there.

I really do hate to say this, but when you look at history, slavery was probably the best situation for Black people.

I don't think it is right to violently beat a man, enslaved or not. But they ate better, had better living conditions, were enforced structure. I do believe that the opportunity for their children and children's children to become Americans is more than enough reparations.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:56 am

Big Al wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:39 am
We gave them an education system and affirmative action, and you see what happened there.

I really do hate to say this, but when you look at history, slavery was probably the best situation for Black people.

I don't think it is right to violently beat a man, enslaved or not. But they ate better, had better living conditions, were enforced structure. I do believe that the opportunity for their children and children's children to become Americans is more than enough reparations.
Big Racist Al.....slavery for black people is why we are paying reparations, you fucknut. Combine this with Jim Crow, and this is why we see the institutional racism of today. African Americans never asked to be dragged here on boats where 50% died on the voyage over. You are a failure of a human being.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:27 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:56 am
Big Al wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:39 am

Big Racist Al.....slavery for black people is why we are paying reparations, you fucknut. Combine this with Jim Crow, and this is why we see the institutional racism of today. African Americans never asked to be dragged here on boats where 50% died on the voyage over. You are a failure of a human being.
Giving money to the descendants of enslaved people really does nothing to help the situation, so reparations is a non-starter. The problems you see with American Blacks are, in-part, the fault of White people. I agree. Whites, namely left wingers, have long-held the position that American Blacks do not succeed because their communities lack resources, that Whites are negatively prejudicial when hiring, and that poorness begets poorness from one generation to the next. Liberals have sold to American Blacks that they cannot succeed in our system, so why even try? When the fact of the matter is that if a Black person works hard enough, doors open, same with Whites, Browns, Yellows, everyone.

But they're discouraged from working hard by the left! The left has told them that when they work hard, the White man will just take their labor and they will never advance. Well, if you limit who advances to one color, one gender, you're going to end up with failure because competition is a bitch and someone else will get your best and brightest who don't fit that color, gender mold. But you know who does say that businesses should show preference by color and gender? Liberals with their affirmative action! "Institutional racism" is something that Liberals should own up to if they think it exists.

So you look at what the system of slavery meant for Black Americans. It meant a steady roof, food, clothing. Most slave owners learned quick the value of happy slaves. They learned skills. When slavery ended, American Blacks had an advantage because they could monetize those skills. But the liberal saw value in manipulating American Blacks so they manipulated truths and encouraged them to not care for their communities and to leave the cost and work to maintain things to the White man.

Considering all of the genocide, death, exploitation, poverty you see throughout most of Africa today, I think walking onto the boat was the best choice. And the liberals will scream "but colonialism!" but they're just coping with the truth.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:54 pm

You said slavery was a good thing, so your opinion doesn't mean shit after that.

Audacity sucks.

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:11 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:54 pm
You said slavery was a good thing, so your opinion doesn't mean shit after that.
Well, I gotta be honest. If it was the 1800s and I could either have my descendants live in the comfort and luxury of America or be subjected to the turmoil that is living in Africa, I would place the shackles on myself.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:08 pm

I wonder how the descendants of those who stayed in Africa compare to those descendants of the folks who were brought here. Think anybody actually studied that?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:50 pm

Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
I was replying to the "go nationwide" part of the post. Try to keep up.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:28 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:50 pm
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
I was replying to the "go nationwide" part of the post. Try to keep up.
You’re still criticizing what the local government did by default.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic