Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Science And CNN

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Science And CNN

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:06 pm

Me thinks someone skipped biology...
The orders also reference "biological sex," a disputed term that refers to the sex as listed on students' original birth certificates.
The reporter, Devan Cole, goes on to write...
It's not possible to know a person's gender identity at birth
Seriously?

If when that child grows up it thinks it's a monkey, and acts like a monkey, would it make it a monkey? I mean, just because I run around in my underpants with a bed sheet tied around my neck, it doesn't make me a super hero.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/30/politics ... index.html

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Re: Science And CNN

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:40 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:06 pm
The orders also reference "biological sex," a disputed term that refers to the sex as listed on students' original birth certificates.
Seriously?

If when that child grows up it thinks it's a monkey, and acts like a monkey, would it make it a monkey? I mean, just because I run around in my underpants with a bed sheet tied around my neck, it doesn't make me a super hero.

Next time don’t leave out the explainer right after...
While sex is a category that refers broadly to physiology, a person's gender is an innate sense of identity. The factors that go into determining the sex listed on a person's birth certificate may include anatomy, genetics and hormones, and there is broad natural variation in each of these categories. For this reason, the language of "biological sex," as used in this legislation, can be overly simplistic and misleading.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:31 pm

If some former biological male wants to become female I draw the line at participating in competitive sports.
"She" still has the physical advantage of a "he".

I no longer directly engage trolls

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:19 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:40 pm
Bryce wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:06 pm
Seriously?

Next time don’t leave out the explainer right after...
While sex is a category that refers broadly to physiology, a person's gender is an innate sense of identity. The factors that go into determining the sex listed on a person's birth certificate may include anatomy, genetics and hormones, and there is broad natural variation in each of these categories. For this reason, the language of "biological sex," as used in this legislation, can be overly simplistic and misleading.
Yes, that's why transgender folks refer to their birth sex as "assigned (female or male) at birth". This isn't that difficult.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:42 pm

Rate This wrote:

While sex is a category that refers broadly to physiology, a person's gender is an innate sense of identity.
But, according to science, that simply isn't true.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:32 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:42 pm
Rate This wrote:

While sex is a category that refers broadly to physiology, a person's gender is an innate sense of identity.
Sex is the physical equipment. Gender is the mental side of that. If they both meant the exact same thing that would be rather redundant.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:22 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:32 pm
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:

Sex is the physical equipment. Gender is the mental side of that. If they both meant the exact same thing that would be rather redundant.
Gender and sex are the same. You're getting confused with "gender identity", which is a contrived concept to placate folks having mental issues.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:55 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:22 pm
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:

Gender and sex are the same. You're getting confused with "gender identity", which is a contrived concept to placate folks having mental issues.
No they are not and no I am not getting confused at all.

either of the two sexes (male and female), especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones. The term is also used more broadly to denote a range of identities that do not correspond to established ideas of male and female.
Sex:
either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and most other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions.
One is biological (sex) and the other is social/cultural (gender). That’s from the fucking dictionary. The book that is the authority on the meaning of words. If you don’t own one I suggest acquiring a copy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:16 pm

Pictures might help:

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:43 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:16 pm
Pictures might help:

You’re an idiot. That first circle... the rest of that sentence that you purposely left out changes the entire goddamn meaning.
especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones.
In other words one is STRICTLY biological and the other is especially referencing social and cultural differences rather than biological ones. They are not the same. I don’t care how many pictures you draw. You’re still an idiot.

If you can’t even parse these simple nuances then quit while you’re ahead.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:23 pm

This is another example of the left attempting to change the accepted definition of words and their meaning. Look at the definition of the word gender in a dictionary from 20 years ago.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:06 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:23 pm
This is another example of the left attempting to change the accepted definition of words and their meaning. Look at the definition of the word gender in a dictionary from 20 years ago.
Words evolve and change over time. That’s been true since the beginning of time. It’s not “the left”... it’s simply things continually changing. That’s why you say how are you? Instead of how art thou?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:26 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:55 pm
km1125 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:22 pm
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:

No they are not and no I am not getting confused at all.

either of the two sexes (male and female), especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones. The term is also used more broadly to denote a range of identities that do not correspond to established ideas of male and female.
Sex:
either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and most other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions.
One is biological (sex) and the other is social/cultural (gender). That’s from the fucking dictionary. The book that is the authority on the meaning of words. If you don’t own one I suggest acquiring a copy.
Correct.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:31 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:06 pm
Bryce wrote:
Words evolve and change over time. That’s been true since the beginning of time. It’s not “the left”... it’s simply things continually changing. That’s why you say how are you? Instead of how art thou?
If you mean that the definition nof certain words have been perverted over time to promote a particular agenda, I agree.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:53 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:31 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:06 pm
Bryce wrote:
If you mean that the definition nof certain words have been perverted over time to promote a particular agenda, I agree.
They simply change over time. Not everything comes with a movie like conspiracy and not everything will stay exactly as it was in perpetuity... the universe is not built that way.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic