Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Half of Republicans think we are in survival mode.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Half of Republicans think we are in survival mode.

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:39 pm

A scared electorate is an engaged electorate that you can control and manipulate. Based on some of the posts I see here I see a lot of people who are challenged by their surroundings and feel like we are in a survival time.

Of course covid has placed some challenges on people but the reality is we remain the wealthiest most stable country on the planet. Why do they feel this way? Some believe it's total manipulation to keep them engaged as Republicans.

What do you think? do you want better policy or do you feel we are in a survival mode?
In the aftermath of the Capitol attack, the polling firm Echelon Insights decided to ask voters a simple question: Do they think the goal of politics is more about “enacting good public policy” or “ensuring the country’s survival as we know it?”

Only 25 percent of Republicans said politics is about policy; nearly half said it’s about survival. That’s today’s Republican Party in a nutshell.

I’ve had some recent conversations with Republicans who are trying to reform their party, to push it back toward policy and, in some cases, reality. But, for now, we’re governing with the Republican Party we have, not the Republican Party many want. So what does that Republican Party, the real Republican Party, believe?
ny times

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Half of Republicans think we are in survival mode.

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:37 pm

You can have good policy and believe we are in survival mode. Hell, wish people around here would take some damn precautions when it comes to COVID. We are literally trying to survive a pandemic for fuck's sake.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic