Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Far-Right Extremists Move From ‘Stop the Steal’ to Stop the Vaccine

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Far-Right Extremists Move From ‘Stop the Steal’ to Stop the Vaccine

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:09 am

This is a great development. I am totally comfortable with these idiots skipping the vaccination over attacking voting. Perhaps they can start drinking bleach.
Adherents of far-right groups who cluster online have turned repeatedly to one particular website in recent weeks — the federal database showing deaths and adverse reactions nationwide among people who have received Covid-19 vaccinations.

Although negative reactions have been relatively rare, the numbers are used by many extremist groups to try to bolster a rash of false and alarmist disinformation in articles and videos with titles like “Covid-19 Vaccines Are Weapons of Mass Destruction — and Could Wipe out the Human Race” or “Doctors and Nurses Giving the Covid-19 Vaccine Will be Tried as War Criminals.”

If the so-called Stop the Steal movement appeared to be chasing a lost cause once President Biden was inaugurated, its supporters among extremist organizations are now adopting a new agenda from the anti-vaccination campaign to try to undermine the government.

Bashing of the safety and efficacy of vaccines is occurring in chat rooms frequented by all manner of right-wing groups including the Proud Boys; the Boogaloo movement, a loose affiliation known for wanting to spark a second Civil War; and various paramilitary organizations.

These groups tend to portray vaccines as a symbol of excessive government control. “If less people get vaccinated then the system will have to use more aggressive force on the rest of us to make us get the shot,” read a recent post on the Telegram social media platform, in a channel linked to members of the Proud Boys charged in storming the Capitol.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Far-Right Extremists Move From ‘Stop the Steal’ to Stop the Vaccine

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:40 pm

The good thing is that eventually those of us who are vaccinated are going to tell them to stay home if businesses are requiring a vaccine for entry. They aren't going to like it.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:56 am

Speaking of “Stop the Steal” - get a load of so-called attorney for a President Trump - Sidney Powell - as she files her latest brief in the voting machine lawsuit that’s come her way and will destroy her. She states that a reasonable person would not have viewed her false claims as facts!

Yeah. That’s some one-of-a-kind, avoid-prison defense, sister. Good luck with a judge or jury and THAT twisted excuse, El Sid.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:02 am

screen glare wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:56 am
Speaking of “Stop the Steal” - get a load of so-called attorney for a President Trump - Sidney Powell - as she files her latest brief in the voting machine lawsuit that’s come her way and will destroy her. She states that a reasonable person would not have viewed her false claims as facts!

Yeah. That’s some one-of-a-kind, avoid-prison defense, sister. Good luck with a judge or jury and THAT twisted excuse, El Sid.
ANOTHER failure of the Trump challenge.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:11 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:40 pm
The good thing is that eventually those of us who are vaccinated are going to tell them to stay home if businesses are requiring a vaccine for entry. They aren't going to like it.
Such a policy by businesses would not be "following the science" as there's no scientific support for requiring 100 percent of the population to get vaccinated to end a pandemic.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:14 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:11 am
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:40 pm
Such a policy by businesses would not be "following the science" as there's no scientific support for requiring 100 percent of the population to get vaccinated to end a pandemic.
It's never been about following the science, but you know that.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:14 pm

Five myths why COVID herd immunity is likely impossible:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00728-2

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:59 am

Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:14 pm
Five myths why COVID herd immunity is likely impossible:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00728-2
That supports the argument for moving on with our lives if we can’t vanquish it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:34 am

No, it tears into the right wing argument of herd immunity and keep everything open.

Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:50 am

Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:34 am
No, it tears into the right wing argument of herd immunity and keep everything open.
So if we can’t achieve heard immunity and it stays with us forever when can we go back to normal?

You can stay locked up forever. I don’t really want to.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:57 am

After I get my shot Tuesday and wait a week, I will be out and about much more freely. I will meet with small groups of friends and dine out in socially distanced restaurants that take precautions.

However, I will faithfully wear my mask in crowds like grocery stores and other high traffic areas until we get down consistently in the double digits as a state. I still will heed all state mandates like the law abiding citizen I am.

Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:03 pm

Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:57 am
After I get my shot Tuesday and wait a week, I will be out and about much more freely. I will meet with small groups of friends and dine out in socially distanced restaurants that take precautions.

However, I will faithfully wear my mask in crowds like grocery stores and other high traffic areas until we get down consistently in the double digits as a state. I still will heed all state mandates like the law abiding citizen I am.
Double digit what? Cases?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic