Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why does the CDC recommend Covid-vaccinated people wear masks in public?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Why does the CDC recommend Covid-vaccinated people wear masks in public?

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:58 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:43 pm
I only feel bad for the service workers who are doing everything they can to stay safe despite the assholes choose to show off their Trumpness.

I also find it hilarious that the people who are challenging masking probably aren't working in a service capacity where they are forced to deal with these types of idiots. We have this fat idiot who advertises all the time on television for his country store called Ebels. He didn't do anything about masking right up until the point where he's now dead. Does that bother me? Of course the guy had children and grandchildren. Did he pretty much do this to himself? He certainly didn't go out of his way to help his circumstances by wearing a mask regularly.

And if you have less than 10 customers a day, you're not really in retail.

I've been vaccinated for over a month and I wear my mask all the time. Why? Because I still can contract and spread covid. The vaccine just keeps me from dying because my body has learned to respond to the virus faster.

With the B 117 variant in Michigan now it's even a greater risk and an even more important time to wear your mask. Just wait till the Brazilian variant shows up.
My friend is a front desk hotel clerk. He got it last week. The guy hates Trump and Biden for the record. He openly mocked both in the lead up to the election, but he said he was pro mask after his aunt got really sick in January.

Of course, the Trumpanzees came in through the door and demanded they don't have to wear their masks because of their rights. That was Saturday March 20th. Last week Tuesday was when he tested positive. Thankfully, he only ran a fever and had body chills. He felt fine by Friday night. His fellow co-worker, a 59 year old woman, has been in the hospital the last week and hasn't been as lucky. It's a bunch of bullshit.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:32 am

TC Talks wrote:
I've been vaccinated for over a month and I wear my mask all the time. Why? Because I still can contract and spread covid.
Do you avoid riding in and driving automobiles too? You can sill be killed every time you get into a vehicle. And for that matter, every time you get behind the wheel, you're putting other people's lives in danger as well, including everybody else on the road and anybody riding with you.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:27 am

I may have missed this in another post but I believe a lot of what is happening is juts plain Covid fatigue. People in general, not limited t one political party, are simply tired of it all and are reclaiming their lives no matter the risk. Sad;ly it may lead to lockdowns nationwide again.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:10 am

TC Talks wrote:
. Just wait till the Brazilian variant shows up.
Isn't that racist or bigoted to say that?? Are you trying to inspire attacks on Brazilian immigrants??

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:13 am

km1125 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:10 am
TC Talks wrote:
Isn't that racist or bigoted to say that?? Are you trying to inspire attacks on Brazilian immigrants??
You mean the variant that originated in BRAZIL?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:29 pm

I suspect that the reason that the "Trump Bots" as you call them are getting virus has less to do with the mask and more to do with them not taking ANY reasonable precautions whatsoever.

You are absolutely correct - many of them refuse to take any precaution, other than those mandated when entering a place of business.

Several also were of the firm belief that COVID was a "hoax" and of little or zero threat.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:50 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:29 pm
I suspect that the reason that the "Trump Bots" as you call them are getting virus has less to do with the mask and more to do with them not taking ANY reasonable precautions whatsoever.

You are absolutely correct - many of them refuse to take any precaution, other than those mandated when entering a place of business.

Several also were of the firm belief that COVID was a "hoax" and of little or zero threat.
I guess most of you would call me a "Trump Bot." I don't consider myself in that category, but anyone that has the temerity to point out the good things that man has done is given that label. Anyway...

I believe Covid-19 is real. My brother-in-law contracted it and passed away shortly thereafter. Although he was morbidly obese and had cognitive heart disease he was listed as a Covid death. All three of the "youngsters" (26 and younger) that live under my roof have contracted it, quarantined at home and recovered similar to a severe bout of influenza.

My wife and I would both be considered "Trump Bots." Even so, we wear a mask in public, wash hands and sanitize frequently, avoid crowds and take prudent steps to protect ourselves and the others around us. Neither of us have contracted the virus although living under the same roof as three people that did.

Life is a risk/reward proposition. I take issue with the mindset that excuses individual responsibility and seeks to legislate behavior. We know when we get on an airplane, piloted by someone we've never met or had a chance to evaluate, that the plane might crash and we might die. The chances are slim, so we elect to do so. I know that doing what I do, I could contract Covid-19. I choose to eat the proper diet, expose myself to sunlight whenever possible and take the proper supplements and make sure to exercise daily. These steps greatly reduce the risk of contracting the virus and if it is contracted, greatly reduce the effects.

I'm pro choice here. I choose to do what I do based upon weighing the risk/benefit proposition. It seems to me our Governor put directives in place to protect the dumb fucks. I'm tired of being penalized because there are dumb fucks out there. If they make poor choices. So be it. Accept the responsibility for your behavior.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:58 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:50 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:29 pm

You are absolutely correct -uh many of them refuse to take any precaution, other than those mandated when entering a place of business.

I guess most of you would call me a "Trump Bot." I don't consider myself in that category, but anyone that has the temerity to point out the good things that man has done is given that label. Anyway...

I believe Covid-19 is real. My brother-in-law contracted it and passed away shortly thereafter. Although he was morbidly obese and had cognitive heart disease he was listed as a Covid death. All three of the "youngsters" (26 and younger) that live under my roof have contracted it, quarantined at home and recovered similar to a severe bout of influenza.

My wife and I would both be considered "Trump Bots." Even so, we wear a mask in public, wash hands and sanitize frequently, avoid crowds and take prudent steps to protect ourselves and the others around us. Neither of us have contracted the virus although living under the same roof as three people that did.

Life is a risk/reward proposition. I take issue with the mindset that excuses individual responsibility and seeks to legislate behavior. We know when we get on an airplane, piloted by someone we've never met or had a chance to evaluate, that the plane might crash and we might die. The chances are slim, so we elect to do so. I know that doing what I do, I could contract Covid-19. I choose to eat the proper diet, expose myself to sunlight whenever possible and take the proper supplements and make sure to exercise daily. These steps greatly reduce the risk of contracting the virus and if it is contracted, greatly reduce the effects.

I'm pro choice here. I choose to do what I do based upon weighing the risk/benefit proposition. It seems to me our Governor put directives in place to protect the dumb fucks. I'm tired of being penalized because there are dumb fucks out there. If they make poor choices. So be it. Accept the responsibility for your behavior.
People with other conditions are listed as Covid deaths because absent COVID it is overwhelmingly unlikely they would have died at that exact minute without it. So unless he was on deaths door (like he could die any day now and it’s expected it will happen) you won’t see either of the other conditions listed as a cause of death because that’s not what tipped the scale. Sorry you lost somebody to this Bryce.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:22 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:13 am
km1125 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:10 am
TC Talks wrote:
You mean the variant that originated in BRAZIL?
Yes, I do apologize. That is how it's being characterized in legit media at the moment. There doesn't seem to be a formal name.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:23 pm

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic