Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hey, hey, my my. Open the Schools so Mama Dies

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Hey, hey, my my. Open the Schools so Mama Dies

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:58 pm

I have lived alone during this whole crisis, so I have a better understanding than those kids of the tolls of a shutdown and isolation from my family and friends. Not to mention, I had 3 hospital stays in March and April last year.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:05 pm

As an adult, you have a different understanding.

Saying you have a better understanding is extremely arrogant and shows a complete lack of empathy of what these kids are experiencing. Their reference point about their lives is much more immature than yours.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:47 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:05 pm
As an adult, you have a different understanding.

Saying you have a better understanding is extremely arrogant and shows a complete lack of empathy of what these kids are experiencing. Their reference point about their lives is much more immature than yours.
A lot of these kids are on their way back from Florida after WDW or have enjoyed some time out of school. I do feel bad for the kids who have missed out on sports or gotten COVID themselves.

And yes, there is some catch up from them missing school. That's certainly why I appreciated that Joe Biden lobbied for help for schools in the COVID bill. They need it. Tutors are going to be important as are after school teacher's aides.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:22 pm

Just shows how disconnected you are to reality.

A lot of kids? Give me a break. In typical suburban Detroit K-12 classroom of 35 kids, there might be one that has a family that a) can afford a trip, b) has a parent / parents that have the time off from work, c) are willing to travel in the current situation.

In Michigan, K-12 haven't had their spring break yet. That's coming up the week after Easter. They are most definitely not on their way back from Florida.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:28 pm

Ron DeSantis treated his residents like adults as opposed to our power-tripping tyrant.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 15520

Post by Deleted User 15520 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:29 am

Ah... this place is such entertainment, but I'm also watchful such foolishness doesn't get power again.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:20 am

Let me give you some real insight on what kids are going through. I have 6 grand kids, all but the youngest are aware of what is going on and the two oldest 15 and 16 are in counseling trying to deal with the shitshow that life has become. Not being in class has changed kids lives in ways we adults cannot understand and they need to be back in class to try and recover some of what has been lost. From someone who actually knows instead of guessing.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:43 pm

zzand wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:20 am
Let me give you some real insight on what kids are going through. I have 6 grand kids, all but the youngest are aware of what is going on and the two oldest 15 and 16 are in counseling trying to deal with the shitshow that life has become. Not being in class has changed kids lives in ways we adults cannot understand and they need to be back in class to try and recover some of what has been lost. From someone who actually knows instead of guessing.
Agreed. We are going to need more funding for tutors, counselors, and aides once kids can go back safely.

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:48 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:43 pm
zzand wrote:
Agreed. We are going to need more funding for tutors, counselors, and aides once kids can go back safely.
It is safe to he in school - that is the point.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:48 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:43 pm
zzand wrote:
It is safe to he in school - that is the point.
And we will still need them which renders your point moot. It won’t matter when they go back. The damage is done.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic