Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

More data suggesting that masks don't slow the spread of Covid

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: More data suggesting that masks don't slow the spread of Covid

Post by km1125 » Thu May 06, 2021 12:31 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:19 pm
paul8539 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:48 pm
Did that study take into account that the kids got COVID from someplace other than school? Mask wearing 'makes no difference' at school because the kids do not get the virus at school.
So it magically knows it’s at a school and stops spreading?
Yes. The same way bad guys see "gun free zones" and don't go in there.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 06, 2021 5:30 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:31 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:19 pm
paul8539 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:48 pm
Did that study take into account that the kids got COVID from someplace other than school? Mask wearing 'makes no difference' at school because the kids do not get the virus at school.
So it magically knows it’s at a school and stops spreading?
Yes. The same way bad guys see "gun free zones" and don't go in there.
That’s exactly what I thought. Now we just need to erect signs that say “give me all your money zone” at a bank and we’ll be all set.

G G

Post by G G » Sat May 08, 2021 8:18 pm

I support the use of masks and stay at home measures. For libs. Then I don't have to see their ugly mugs.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun May 09, 2021 11:54 pm

No one wants to see your horse face either.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:20 pm

It seems that you make no sense trying to make no sense of the point I am trying to make sense of.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:03 pm

Simple question. If masks work so well at preventing the spread of Covid, why didn't they?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:13 pm

I believe there are now some who enjoy wearing a mask. It's become a fashion accessory for them.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:38 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:13 pm
I believe there are now some who enjoy wearing a mask. It's become a fashion accessory for them.
I don't see a problem with people wanting to wear one. It can really help during something like flu season. I got my shots and went maskless for a bit, but with the flare-up of Delta, its back on. I think its a courteous thing to do, but it won't give blanket protection for people you communicate with, just lower the odds of transmission in the case you have it.

The worst thing that could happen, did happen during the pandemic. Masks became sort of a symbol for a lot of people. It seems that for some, the mask was some sign of personal weakness. Like, people believed that the people putting on masks were weak for being afraid to get a disease that only killed 1-3% of people along different age groups. For others, wearing a mask seemed to be symbolic of having a left-leaning bend to your political compass and felt it was a way for lefties to force other people to do things they did not want to do. It also seemed that people saw it as a threat to their status quo, where the government was stepping in to steal freedoms from citizens.

A lot of people that a lot of people listen to failed to talk people off the ledge on this, but it should be expected because of how politicized it got and if you accept a politician as a leader, you might as well accept that Santa Claus will trim your tree with presents. Its so cringy that people of all political leanings will idolize politicians. They really add to how shitty administration of this country has become and its why I just cannot bring myself to care about political issues anymore.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:40 pm

G G wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:18 pm
I support the use of masks and stay at home measures. For libs. Then I don't have to see their ugly mugs.
:rollin

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:07 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:40 pm
G G wrote:
I like the way he thinks. We're in the midst of an election campaign here. Every night, when I see Trudeau on TV, at least I don't have to see his entire face.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:42 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:07 pm
audiophile wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:40 pm
G G wrote:
I like the way he thinks. We're in the midst of an election campaign here. Every night, when I see Trudeau on TV, at least I don't have to see his entire face.
It would be hilarious if that cocky prick loses this unnecessary election.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:36 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:42 pm

It would be hilarious if that cocky prick loses this unnecessary election.

I don't think he'll lose the election. The Conservatives are too busy fighting with each other to mount an effective election campaign.

But Trudeau may not win what he really wants, a Parliamentary majority. For the past two years the Liberals have been in a minority position in Parliament. The only way he was able to get any legislation passed was to work across the aisle with the other parties.

Right now, the Liberals are sitting at about 35% in the polls. It's pretty tough to get a majority with those kind of numbers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic