Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Unemployment down

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Unemployment down

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:57 pm

Once again, the stable and focused Biden adminstration has fostered job gains. A Republican adminstration would have been drama and distractions.
Driven by unexpectedly large job gains at the nation’s restaurants and bars, the labor market picked up strength in February, raising hopes that the economic recovery was taking hold more firmly.

All told, employers added 379,000 jobs, the government reported Friday, the strongest showing since October. The increase, as vaccination efforts ramped up and restrictions on businesses eased, followed a deep loss in December and a modest rise in January.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Re: Unemployment down

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:49 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:57 pm
Once again, the stable and focused Biden adminstration has fostered job gains. A Republican adminstration would have been drama and distractions.
Driven by unexpectedly large job gains at the nation’s restaurants and bars, the labor market picked up strength in February, raising hopes that the economic recovery was taking hold more firmly.

All told, employers added 379,000 jobs, the government reported Friday, the strongest showing since October. The increase, as vaccination efforts ramped up and restrictions on businesses eased, followed a deep loss in December and a modest rise in January.
And at this rate it’ll be April 2023 before we get back to where we were.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:17 pm

TC Talks wrote:

Are you dishonest or ignorant?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:45 pm

TC Talks wrote:

What we are seeing are the results of a strong vaccination distribution system. This is why capacity for restaurants are able to expand.

However, mask mandates being ended may undo a lot of the work done. If people don't wear masks and social distance, we can see an increase in numbers.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:38 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:17 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Numbers don't lie, unlike Trump and his Republican Party.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:11 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:38 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:17 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Numbers don't lie, unlike Trump and his Republican Party.
So you chose dishonest AND ignorant.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:07 pm

Absolutely not. I don't know what you're getting at this time but the Democrats are definitely getting the economy back up and running No lie.

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:13 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:07 pm
Absolutely not. I don't know what you're getting at this time but the Democrats are definitely getting the economy back up and running No lie.
The economy has been on the uptick for many months.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:22 pm

The economy wouldn't have to recover if the - mostly Democrats - didn't try to destroy it over the last year.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:07 am

First job gains since before the pandemic. I have also started getting calls again.

With the passage of the COVID bill, Biden is building back better. Shut out all the BDS on this forum, and that is the truth. The stimulus is going to small business back. Use part of your stimulus to help small businesses rather than bitch about Whitmer.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:18 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:07 am
First job gains since before the pandemic. I have also started getting calls again.

With the passage of the COVID bill, Biden is building back better. Shut out all the BDS on this forum, and that is the truth. The stimulus is going to small business back. Use part of your stimulus to help small businesses rather than bitch about Whitmer.
These are not the first job gains since before the pandemic.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:01 am

Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:07 am

There is no such thing as Biden Derangement Syndrome, and RT correctly pointed out that this isn't the first month of job growth. This also has nothing to do with elderly-killing Tyrant Whitmer or the secrets she paid Robert Gordon $155,000 to keep, so not sure why you brought her up.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:04 pm

I wish I could screen shot and post it here, but my unemployment extension got cutback due to the Michigan economy getting out of crisis unemployment. I will see if I can find the template online or an article.

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:17 pm

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:04 pm
I wish I could screen shot and post it here, but my unemployment extension got cutback due to the Michigan economy getting out of crisis unemployment. I will see if I can find the template online or an article.
Here's an article on that: https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/mic ... -benefits/

I guess we don't need the $1.9T handout...

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:11 pm

I can't speak for anywhere else, but our state's unemployment rate owes nothing to either President Trump or President Biden. Our governor put a recovery plan in place and followed it, first statewide and then county by county and it has worked. Our current unemployment rate sits at about 4 percent and we have more open jobs than people to fill them in all sectors from food service to industrial and technology. He took heat from the Covid deniers, all governors did and still do, but when you look at surrounding states, our daily numbers are lower, positivity rate is lower, vaccine rate is higher and if a county has number issues then restrictions go back in place.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic