Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden winning against COVID

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Biden winning against COVID

Post by TC Talks » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:37 pm

May 31

That is when there will be enough vaccine for every adult in the United States.

Biden was able to convince Merrck to produce the Johnson & Johnson vaccine knocking two months off the projected complete vaccination goal.

It's amazing what happens when you have a president who actually focuses on the problems the country faces. I can't imagine what Trump would be doing right now, probably keeping people of color from getting the vaccine.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Re: Biden winning against COVID

Post by Honeyman » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:44 pm

No doubt about. So nice to have competency in the White House.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:52 pm

And why is Merrck able to produce this vaccine?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:54 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:52 pm
And why is Merrck able to produce this vaccine?
Negotiation

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:07 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:44 pm
Bad take. I get the TDS, but the vaccines were developed as a result of Operation Warp Speed.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:14 pm

But why do they even have the ABILITY to do so?

I know you can't give a straight answer on this, I understand.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:19 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:07 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Bad take. I get the TDS, but the vaccines were developed as a result of Operation Warp Speed.
Let's not pretend Trump had any more to do with the success of rapid development of a vaccine than writing a check on the taxpayer's bank account. Nothing Herculean or heroic about that particular bit of action. Remove cap on Sharpie, scribble name, replace cap. Done & done.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:26 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:19 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Let's not pretend Trump had any more to do with the success of rapid development of a vaccine than writing a check on the taxpayer's bank account. Nothing Herculean or heroic about that particular bit of action. Remove cap on Sharpie, scribble name, replace cap. Done & done.
Ok, but then we must do the same for Biden with today's announcement:
"We wrote our first story at The New York Times about a possible partnership between Merck and [Johnson & Johnson] for manufacturing on Jan. 21," a reporter said to Psaki during Tuesday's press briefing.

"My understanding is that talks between those companies have been in the works ... could you help explain how it is that the Biden administration deserves credit for bringing these two together when it looks like the discussions had been under way before you guys got here?"
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/psaki- ... cine-merck

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:29 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:26 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Ok, but then we must do the same for Biden with today's announcement:
"We wrote our first story at The New York Times about a possible partnership between Merck and [Johnson & Johnson] for manufacturing on Jan. 21," a reporter said to Psaki during Tuesday's press briefing.

"My understanding is that talks between those companies have been in the works ... could you help explain how it is that the Biden administration deserves credit for bringing these two together when it looks like the discussions had been under way before you guys got here?"
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/psaki- ... cine-merck
The same way that presidents of both parties get blamed or credited with an economies performance. When you sit in the big chair you own all the good and bad things that happen just by virtue of being there. Most individual things like this they have little to nothing to do with. People aren’t very good at distinguishing the long term trends they do influence and the short term events that they really don’t.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:18 pm

Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
What was the fastest time frame a vaccine was developed and brought to widespread use prior to this? Give you a hint. It wasn't under a year.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:25 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:18 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
What was the fastest time frame a vaccine was developed and brought to widespread use prior to this? Give you a hint. It wasn't under a year.
What was the cost to develop a vaccine brought to widespread use prior to this? Answer: Probably not a $12.4 billion check of other people's money Trump wrote. To be clear, I'm not saying it's not money well spent, but let's get past the notion that he had any more to do with it than sign some papers well after he came to witness the virus was much worse than he claimed it to be. Period.
Last edited by Lester The Nightfly on Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:29 pm

Can you send Joe over here please? May 31 is the date our clueless PM says everyone over 75 will be done.
Last edited by Turkeytop on Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:36 pm

Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:25 pm
Bryce wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
What was the cost to develop a vaccine brought to widespread use prior to this? Answer: Probably not a $12.4 billion check of other people's money Trump wrote. To be clear, I'm not saying it's not money well spent, but let's get past the notion that he had any more to do with it than sign some papers well after he came to witness the virus was much worse than he claimed it to be. Period.
And all the red tape and hoops to jump through magically melted away...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:38 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:36 pm
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:25 pm
Bryce wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
And all the red tape and hoops to jump through magically melted away...
“We need it expedited”.

“Sign here sir”.

*signs papers*

A few months later a vaccine.

You make it sound like Trump himself was in a lab and directly involved with the day to day maneuvering. He’s not at that level of management. He has a talent of bullshitting people not for making magic happen.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:44 pm

At this point, you can credit Yosemite Sam with creating / speeding up the vaccine for all I care. Just get it done and into arms so we can hopefully begin to move on.

Give Trump and Biden awards. Or not. Who really cares when the only thing that's important is getting us over COVID.

The last thing anyone should care about is which politician is the fake hero.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic