Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Portland Riots Continue

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Portland Riots Continue

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:54 am

Can't blame this on the Orange Man anymore. Does Kamala think they should stop now? Wasn't the election of Uncle Joe (at the Junction) supposed to make all this go away?
Rioters vandalized several buildings in downtown Portland, Ore., on Saturday night in one of the largest protests in weeks, according to reports.

Around 150 people marched through Portland’s Pearl District in what’s called a "direct action" event, smashing windows of businesses like Starbucks, Chipotle, Umpqua Bank and Urban Pantry and tagging them with graffiti, KION-TV in Portland reported

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mark Elliott

Re: Portland Riots Continue

Post by Mark Elliott » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:10 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:54 am
Can't blame this on the Orange Man anymore. Does Kamala think they should stop now? Wasn't the election of Uncle Joe (at the Junction) supposed to make all this go away?
Rioters vandalized several buildings in downtown Portland, Ore., on Saturday night in one of the largest protests in weeks, according to reports.

Around 150 people marched through Portland’s Pearl District in what’s called a "direct action" event, smashing windows of businesses like Starbucks, Chipotle, Umpqua Bank and Urban Pantry and tagging them with graffiti, KION-TV in Portland reported
Number One - get better sources. KION TV is in Monterrey, California, NOT Portland.
Number Two - There was a protest, against ICE and deportation. Here's the story from KGW TV which is actually in Portland.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/ ... 9e0876bdec
An estimated 150 people marched through Portland's Pearl District Saturday night in a direct action protest in opposition to Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, or ICE.
On that same day, a Portland church was vandalized with crosses broken up and hateful messages left. It was a memorial to immigrants who died while trying to enter the US.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/ ... 3988f9167d

Bryce, I can understand your frustration and flippant attitude. "Leftists", to use your words, were impolite and disrespectful while commenting on the previous administration's action and you feel your similar attitude is justified. But if you, like me, really want to change the world and "Make America Great Again" we both should be ready to accept the fact that people with different opinions and beliefs exist. And until we are willing to try to come up with a mutually agreeable solution and not call our fellow Americans our enemies, we are doomed as a country. Have a great day.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:30 pm

The source you quoted has pretty much the exact information as mine. I clicked on your link. Same info. Not sure what your point is.

Again, wasn't the new Biden immigration policy supposed to mollify these folks?
we both should be ready to accept the fact that people with different opinions and beliefs exist
I don't think it is I or my conservative friends, that have a problem with differing opinions. We support the free exchange of ideas unlike the current cancel culture mob that attempts to silence and ruin anyone with opinions that run contrary to what they feel is correct.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:43 pm

Differing opinions are not the problem or even issue brought up in this thread. The issue brought up is the continuing riots. I read stories from several legit news sources this morning about the riots and yes that's what they were. Business owners are fed up with their businesses being disrupted or destroyed and the only thing they are guilty of is opening a business in the riot area. If they were the problem of Trump, they are now Biden's problem and maybe he needs to do something to stop them. Maybe tolerance of them needs to end and the time has come to use some sort of force to return the city to a civilize place to live and do business. Civilized people do not destroy a city and if you feel that is acceptable then what happened at the Capitol is acceptable too.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:12 pm

This could have been stopped many months ago if the spineless Democrats in charge of that city had let Trump take care of business last summer.

There's also part of me that doesn't feel sorry for the people who live there. re: "the only thing they are guilty of is opening a business in the riot area" - that isn't true. The people of Portland are additionally guilty of electing Democrats to run their city and state. You get what you vote for, and when you vote for a bunch of Democrats, this is what you get.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:57 pm

For the record, someone transposed the call sign of the Portland TV station to KION instead of the correct KOIN. Not sure why that is even worthy me of typing this... but there it is anyhow.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:37 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:12 pm
This could have been stopped many months ago if the spineless Democrats in charge of that city had let Trump take care of business last summer.

There's also part of me that doesn't feel sorry for the people who live there. re: "the only thing they are guilty of is opening a business in the riot area" - that isn't true. The people of Portland are additionally guilty of electing Democrats to run their city and state. You get what you vote for, and when you vote for a bunch of Democrats, this is what you get.
Recall that he sent people in for show. They only inflamed the situation after it was calming down.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:12 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:37 pm
bmw wrote:

Recall that he sent people in for show. They only inflamed the situation after it was calming down.
Correction. He sent people in to stop the destruction of FEDERAL PROPERTY. He needed permission to engage on city and state property. He didn't get said permission.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:38 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:12 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:37 pm
bmw wrote:

Correction. He sent people in to stop the destruction of FEDERAL PROPERTY. He needed permission to engage on city and state property. He didn't get said permission.
Correction. They went out into the surrounding blocks randomly rounding up people. That did not sit well and inflamed the situation.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:39 pm

Suspect's...

Evidently, there didn't need to be a catalyst as evidenced by last night's riot.

Don't use that excuse.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:01 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:39 pm
Suspect's...

Evidently, there didn't need to be a catalyst as evidenced by last night's riot.

Don't use that excuse.
Things had been calming down. Don’t use that situation to knock down my explanation because this incident had a different reason either pal. Each individual situation is different especially so many months removed. One had a catalyst and the other one didn’t that we know of.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:16 pm

Ohhh, you played the "pal" card.

For some reason, it just wasn't very intimidating coming from you.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:51 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:16 pm
Ohhh, you played the "pal" card.

For some reason, it just wasn't very intimidating coming from you.
The idea wasn’t to intimidate you buddy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:54 pm

Followed by the "Buddy Card."

What's next "Listen Linda?"

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:25 pm

Bryce you are assuming all the business owners voted Democrat. Not an assumption I would make.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic