Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Andrew Cuomo to aide: "Let's play strip poker"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Re: Andrew Cuomo to aide: "Let's play strip poker"

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:07 am

He will probably use the defense that she was "Boylan Hot" and an "Attractive Nuisance".

Oh. And "that come on look was in her eyes".

https://yt3.ggpht.com/-j5HAfCopRik/AAAA ... /photo.jpg

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

kager

Post by kager » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:28 am

CBS This Morning covered the story today... Google 'cbs news cuomo' for more.

They also covered the nursing home issue earlier this month...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cuomo-nurs ... sa-derosa/

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:31 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:54 am
I'll concede that a seat on the Supreme Court deserves a much higher level of scrutiny. Senate seats----meh, I don't know. Being 1 out of 9 on the high court of the land is a different animal entirely than 1 out of 100 in 1 of 2 bodies of Congress.

The New York governor arguably is and always has been (maybe sometimes second to California) the highest-profile governor in the country. And Cuomo, in-particular, has an elevated profile due to his heavily-covered clashes with President Trump over Covid as well as a lot of people thinking he was even Presidential material. He got LOTS of national media attention when he was taking on Trump (even receiving an Emmy for it). So the precedent was already set that he gets lots of coverage for the things he says and does. Except when he's in trouble, apparently.
Again he was interacting with a FEDERAL level official. What he does in New York is really not relevant to anybody except maybe as an “OOOOHHHHHHH!!!!! LOOOOOOOKKKKKK ATTTTTT THHHHIIIISSSSSS!!!” which frankly would make me want my 2 minutes back in a news report. And that would go for Noem or Abbot or any of the other governors.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:35 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:31 am
bmw wrote:
I'll concede that a seat on the Supreme Court deserves a much higher level of scrutiny. Senate seats----meh, I don't know. Being 1 out of 9 on the high court of the land is a different animal entirely than 1 out of 100 in 1 of 2 bodies of Congress.

The New York governor arguably is and always has been (maybe sometimes second to California) the highest-profile governor in the country. And Cuomo, in-particular, has an elevated profile due to his heavily-covered clashes with President Trump over Covid as well as a lot of people thinking he was even Presidential material. He got LOTS of national media attention when he was taking on Trump (even receiving an Emmy for it). So the precedent was already set that he gets lots of coverage for the things he says and does. Except when he's in trouble, apparently.
Again he was interacting with a FEDERAL level official. What he does in New York is really not relevant to anybody except maybe as an “OOOOHHHHHHH!!!!! LOOOOOOOKKKKKK ATTTTTT THHHHIIIISSSSSS!!!” which frankly would make me want my 2 minutes back in a news report. And that would go for Noem or Abbot or any of the other governors.
You're missing the point. The national media just last year gave him near hero-like status and heavily covered all of his press conferences. If he was worthy of such coverage then, then he is worthy of it now.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:37 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:35 am
Rate This wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:31 am
bmw wrote:

You're missing the point. The national media just last year gave him near hero-like status and heavily covered all of his press conferences. If he was worthy of such coverage then, then he is worthy of it now.
And you are blatantly and purposely ignoring the context to prove a point that doesn’t exist. The virus is a national issue and the handling or lack thereof (ahem Governor Gnome) directly effects the country no matter the location. That’s why you would hover what is going on in one of the most populous states. An in state scandal simply isn’t the same thing.

I hope that’s a self portrait next to your name... it would explain why you can’t see the nuances here.

I forget... which character is that anyways?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:44 am

Actually my avatar (Sam Sheepdog) is a sharp-witted Looney Tunes character who always gets the best of Ralph Wolf. He's portrayed as mostly blind, but he always knows exactly what is going on.

My only point here is one of media bias. Nothing more, nothing less. If you want to argue that governors don't deserve national press coverage due to their "local" status, fine. I'm simply pointing out that Cuomo has received all kinds of national coverage when he was the "anti-Trump" and now that he's in trouble they suddenly don't want to give him the spotlight.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:45 am

btw - a certain Michigan governor garnered significant press coverage over a certain lead-in-Flint's-water scandal. I remember seeing it covered multiple times on the evening news. Isn't that an "in-state" story as you call it?

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:58 am

Sexual assault is a national issue. Thanks to his CNN-employed brother, what Chris does gets a national stage too.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:13 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:58 am
Sexual assault is a national issue. Thanks to his CNN-employed brother, what Chris does gets a national stage too.
It certainly was a national issue when Roy Moore was running for Senate. And all the usual suspects in this forum were ready to burn Mr. Moore at the stake. I even took a lot of heat for my position that after a certain amount of time (in his case it was like 35 or 40 years) I don't really care any more, particularly because one's memory of events loses credibility after that amount of time. I don't know if that lengthy thread still exists here or not, but people like Lester, TC Talks, and all the other lefties had out their pitchforks.

Now we have someone still in power, allegations that are only a few years old, and where are the pitchforks? I sure don't see 'em.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:15 pm

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:13 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:48 am

It’s hard to get motivated about the governor of New York or California or the mayor of Seattle unless you live there.
I'll make a wager. I'm betting more people in the U.S. can name the Governor of New York than came name both Senators.

How about both Senators from Idaho?

The lack of coverage doesn't surprise me at all. The nursing home thing was common knowledge for a LONG time. Media didn't cover that until they were forced to. That caused the deaths of thousands of seniors. Strip poker doesn't seem quite as important to me. But, then again, I'm not a leftist.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:21 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:45 am
btw - a certain Michigan governor garnered significant press coverage over a certain lead-in-Flint's-water scandal. I remember seeing it covered multiple times on the evening news. Isn't that an "in-state" story as you call it?
It certainly is a local story.

Tiger Woods win at the 20-fucking-19 Masters getting a 3 minute “look at what an incredible moment it was and how it made us all feel good” piece on ABC complete with Live ESPN reporter for Muir to yack with the other night when he had his car accident and they spent 8 minutes on it made me want to throw something.

I was watching this today...
https://youtu.be/-VJaQZ9rVa0

At 12:50 Peter Jennings does a 5 minute segment on how the Americans with disabilities act is being abused and whether people are taking it too far... I would argue they would never air this today. Point being that there is a lot fucked up with the media. If they talked about things in the manner that they did 20 years ago or even 15 years ago they would garner more respect. In the newscasts I have been watching there is plenty of criticism of Democrats and plenty of actually informative discussions of a variety of subjects. The current group of folks may as well just hang it up. They can barely push back against anybody or really give a clear picture these days let alone do any educating.

Incidentally that same piece has an interview with Max Cleland who was Georgia’s Democratic Senator from 1997 to 2003. It’s really not all that odd to have 2 of them now in that context. With all the hype you’d think they hadn’t had one since the 1960’s.

I’m not a media apologist... they do a ton of things that make my blood absolutely boil.

Of the big 3 evening newscasts about as close as you’ll come to a traditional one is CBS’s. The other two but especially ABC are unwatchable. Notice that CBS as mentioned in the thread has covered both stories now.
Last edited by Rate This on Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:21 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:13 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:48 am

It’s hard to get motivated about the governor of New York or California or the mayor of Seattle unless you live there.
I'll make a wager. I'm betting more people in the U.S. can name the Governor of New York than came name both Senators.

How about both Senators from Idaho?

The lack of coverage doesn't surprise me at all. The nursing home thing was common knowledge for a LONG time. Media didn't cover that until they were forced to. That caused the deaths of thousands of seniors. Strip poker doesn't seem quite as important to me. But, then again, I'm not a leftist.
Leftists, rightists and exhibitionists enjoy strip poker.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:26 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:26 pm
ABC? Crickets.
NBC? Crickets.
CBS? Crickets.
CNN? Crickets.
MSNBC? Crickets.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/abc-cbs-n ... harassment

And here I thought these networks supported the "me too" movement.
So far there is also the sound of cricket's coming from...

Hillary Clinton
U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
AOC
Rose McGowan
Alyssa Milano

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:42 pm

https://fox8.com/news/second-woman-accu ... 2_ByOvk05o

And another one comes out!

SG, what are your thoughts on this? Should these women be believed too?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic