Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Andrew Cuomo to aide: "Let's play strip poker"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Andrew Cuomo to aide: "Let's play strip poker"

Post by bmw » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:06 pm

NEW YORK — A former aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the governor kissed her without her consent and asked her to play strip poker, alleging a pattern of sexual harassment she detailed in a new account Wednesday.

Lindsey Boylan, who is running for Manhattan borough president and formerly worked for Cuomo and the state’s economic development agency, wrote in a Medium post that Cuomo kissed her on the lips against her will at his office in Manhattan.
https://www.politico.com/states/new-yor ... er-1365096

Yikes. I think his days as governor may be numbered.

Rate This

Re: Andrew Cuomo to aide: "Let's play strip poker"

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:24 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:06 pm
NEW YORK — A former aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the governor kissed her without her consent and asked her to play strip poker, alleging a pattern of sexual harassment she detailed in a new account Wednesday.

Lindsey Boylan, who is running for Manhattan borough president and formerly worked for Cuomo and the state’s economic development agency, wrote in a Medium post that Cuomo kissed her on the lips against her will at his office in Manhattan.
https://www.politico.com/states/new-yor ... er-1365096

Yikes. I think his days as governor may be numbered.
Well he’s got decent taste at least... but yeah he’s sleazy as it gets.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:40 pm

Think back a little less than a year ago, Cuomo and Newsom were being praised for their leadership. Now, they both could lose their Governorships by years end.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:26 pm

ABC? Crickets.
NBC? Crickets.
CBS? Crickets.
CNN? Crickets.
MSNBC? Crickets.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/abc-cbs-n ... harassment

And here I thought these networks supported the "me too" movement.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:47 pm

Cuomo is a creep.

The same networks named above also avoided any sort of comprehensive reporting regarding Seattle's disgraced former mayor - a fucking pedophile. Seattle is the 15th largest metropolitan area in the entire nation by population.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... llegation/

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:11 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:47 pm
Cuomo is a creep.

The same networks named above also avoided any sort of comprehensive reporting regarding Seattle's disgraced former mayor - a fucking pedophile. Seattle is the 15th largest metropolitan area in the entire nation by population.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... llegation/
They’ve fallen quite a bit. FOX covered it of course but to score political points and not simply discuss the facts.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:14 pm

Heh. I wasn't even aware of the Seattle mayor scandal.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:15 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:11 pm
FOX covered it of course but to score political points and not simply discuss the facts.
What tiny bit of coverage I caught today seemed fair. Both Jessee Waters and Mike Huckabee said innocent until proven guilty.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:15 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:15 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:11 pm
FOX covered it of course but to score political points and not simply discuss the facts.
What tiny bit of coverage I caught today seemed fair. Both Jessee Waters and Mike Huckabee said innocent until proven guilty.
I’m surprised at that. I fully expected them to tie it to the nursing home thing and run with both wall to wall.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:11 am

Where's all the Hollywood celebs??

Did the "pound me too" movement get pummeled to dust?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:31 am

It is downright embarrassing the lack of coverage this story is getting. Brett Kavanaugh and Roy Moore received wall-to-wall coverage for weeks over allegations that were over 30 years old. The allegations against Cuomo are quite recent, starting in 2015 and allegedly lasting for "years" afterwards, and literal silence is the coverage. Tack this on to the nursing home scandal (which does get some coverage but nowhere near what it should be getting) and the state of today's mainstream TV media is an outright embarrassment.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:39 am

This post from screen glare hasn't exactly aged well:
screen glare wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:29 am
Assclowns vote for assclowns. That’s how this mentally ill con artist, favored by election-interferer Putin, eeked out a win.

Governor Andrew Cuomo should be the democratic nominee and go against Trump. His daily news briefings on the virus - especially compared to Trump’s imbecilic dangerous messages - have made all Americans trust presidential Cuomo.
:lol

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:43 am

...or this one...
screen glare wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:41 pm
...I just heard him - as he speaks Live on TV to NY (and the nation) - every day - today thanking The National Guard for helping to build a hospital in the Javitz center (a thousand beds for non-Corona hospital patients) in one week.

And if you’ve not seen him - believe me - he is clearly the kind of leader our entire nation requires.

Talk about presidential. He is magnificent in his organized thinking, calm but tough demeanor, preparation, compassion, courtesy, AND has big shoulders...meaning the ability to shoulder responsibility, shoulder blame, and gladly give credit where credit is due.

He also has a vibrant grasp of history. And he’s able to speak extemporaneously with passion, clarity, and historical context. Plus he has the talent to transmit thoughts and feelings right through whatever screen you’re watching him on, or in person.

I hope if Biden for whatever reason can’t take the helm - age, illness, Reagan-like early dementia - that Andrew Cuomo will be nominated as the democratic presidential candidate.

He is what our nation needs in this time of crises - he’s got what it takes.

Many Americans who had no knowledge of him - are now quite familiar with the governor - through these long daily briefings.

I bet they are surprised, AND - positively impressed as hell.
So screen glare - what do you think of your hero now?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:48 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:31 am
It is downright embarrassing the lack of coverage this story is getting. Brett Kavanaugh and Roy Moore received wall-to-wall coverage for weeks over allegations that were over 30 years old. The allegations against Cuomo are quite recent, starting in 2015 and allegedly lasting for "years" afterwards, and literal silence is the coverage. Tack this on to the nursing home scandal (which does get some coverage but nowhere near what it should be getting) and the state of today's mainstream TV media is an outright embarrassment.
Brett Kavanaugh and Roy Moore were attempting to get offices at the Federal level. Al Franken was at the federal level. Control of the senate or the Supreme Court matters greatly to a lot of people.

It’s hard to get motivated about the governor of New York or California or the mayor of Seattle unless you live there.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:54 am

I'll concede that a seat on the Supreme Court deserves a much higher level of scrutiny. Senate seats----meh, I don't know. Being 1 out of 9 on the high court of the land is a different animal entirely than 1 out of 100 in 1 of 2 bodies of Congress.

The New York governor arguably is and always has been (maybe sometimes second to California) the highest-profile governor in the country. And Cuomo, in-particular, has an elevated profile due to his heavily-covered clashes with President Trump over Covid as well as a lot of people thinking he was even Presidential material. He got LOTS of national media attention when he was taking on Trump (even receiving an Emmy for it). So the precedent was already set that he gets lots of coverage for the things he says and does. Except when he's in trouble, apparently.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic