Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

And So It Begins!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Robert Faygo

Re: And So It Begins!

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:00 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:55 pm
It seems that with all this talk about Biden, nobody is covering Mrs. Emhaus, the President of the Senate. What is she doing in all of this?
If you're going to display your gynophobia for all to see, at least learn the last name of our Vice President's husband.

Otherwise, you might come off as dumb too.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:52 pm

jadednihilist wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:43 pm
This really sounds like a return to "normal" American politics: messy, loaded with gaffes (and Biden has historically been the gaffe king), over-promises, and astoundingly bad foreign policy takes. Name any President and I will give you a laundry list of blunders.

My biggest gripe is with the snail's pace at which the Senate is moving.

Well stated!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:12 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:31 pm
jadednihilist wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:43 pm
This really sounds like a return to "normal" American politics: messy, loaded with gaffes (and Biden has historically been the gaffe king), over-promises, and astoundingly bad foreign policy takes. Name any President and I will give you a laundry list of blunders.

My biggest gripe is with the snail's pace at which the Senate is moving.
The senate needs to be turned into a larger version of the house... majority rules and that’s that. The filibuster is beyond broken and its the problem.
My concern with eliminating the filibuster completely is that it's a bit of a double-edged sword. When the GOP controlled all branches of government from 2016-2018, the filibuster placed heavy constraints on the Trump agenda. Now it's stifling the Democrat's agenda. This is of course ineffective governance and not sustainable for either side, and partially why we've seen such an expansion of executive powers.

I think it might be better to keep the filibuster, but reduce the number of votes to reach cloture down to 55 (or 53; pick your favorite number) instead of 60. This would still force some bipartisanship, but not be completely insurmountable in this era of hyperpartisan polarization.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:14 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:55 pm
It seems that with all this talk about Biden, nobody is covering Mrs. Emhaus, the President of the Senate. What is she doing in all of this?
You are a misogynist. I get on TCT for throwing the term around, but it fits you to a T.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed May 05, 2021 7:57 pm

MATT: No, I am not a misogynist. I am an American.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed May 05, 2021 8:05 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:57 pm
MATT: No, I am not a misogynist. I am an American.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:21 pm

If you want to be both, go ahead.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:37 pm

My suspicion is that this has little to do with his condition, or his botched Presidency, and everything to do with what's behind door #2 and door #3. People who voted for Biden didn't know about any of this, because CNN and Associates didn't report these things before the election, his condition, the Biden family corruption, etc.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic