Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rush Limbaugh Dies

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Rush Limbaugh Dies

Post by bmw » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:47 pm

Rush Limbaugh was a one-of-a-kind. There was nobody like him, and nobody can really replace him. Sure, he had controversies throughout his career (who hasn't?) but he is arguably the most successful person certainly in the history of radio; possibly in the history of all of media, behind perhaps Johnny Carson. He will be missed, by me anyways. I've read that Premiere Radio Network will continue his show with guest hosts for the time being, but that they will eventually cancel the show. I cannot confirm this, however.

side note - TC Talks - you are now, for the second time, on my foe list. You are the worst of the worst scum. Such a vile human being.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:57 pm

And yet you praise Rush after the decades of evil that came out of that guy's mouth. I got to tell you I'm not that upset if I offend you by being happy that he is gone.

" Sure, he was a racist that incited all kinds of hatred in America, but he had to have been one of the greatest entertainers of all time"

I don't buy it.
Last edited by TC Talks on Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:58 pm

As someone who cared for and observed a parent de of cancer, I can say that there are few more deserving of that fate than Rush Limbaugh.

The man willingly manipulated idiots for decades, posing as a voice reporting facts that others were afraid to report, knowing that he could exploit their lack of education and critical thinking. The impact of his efforts are seen in the values of the modern conservative and held a significant role in creating the chaos that happened in the capital in January. He was fantastic at assuring people interested in having the most ugly of their ideas about both government and society supported, and making them feel that these things were normal. If a Mount Rushmore were made of people who have contributed to the destruction of our great economy and society were erected tomorrow, I 100% believe that his flabby face would belong on that monument.

Heaven and Hell fail to exist, but I hope in his final hours, as he reflected on the impact he had on this planet, that he realized the damage he did and died with that regret wrapped around his psyche. Good riddence.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:18 pm

There will never be another like him.

Amazing how he hoodwinked so many into thinking his form of entertainment was legitimate political policy. Especially from those that hate him, even in death.

He wanted that passion. He loved that you think he made any kind of difference other than a 3 hour blabfest.

That anger is what drove ratings.

The man was a brilliant circus act that saved AM radio from an even earlier death.

In the end, he won.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:29 pm

zzand wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:53 pm
A true radio pioneer has passed away, Rush Limbaugh, after battling cancer at the age of 70. Limbaugh was a master of finding his audience and super serving them. His formula for success has served many of us in broadcasting well over the years. Don't talk at but to those listening and make them part of your family. He did it better than anyone else and his way of doing will never be duplicated. He had the ears of millions a week and those who understood his one on one approach be it in talk or music radio also garnered more ears than others. He made radio relevant and his passing will be felt industry wide. To his family, friends and fans, my sincerest sympathies on your loss. To us in the broadcast industry one of our own has crossed over. RIP sir and thank you for the lessons in creating a relationship with listeners that makes a difference.
Beautiful! Just perfect!
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:38 pm

Reading some of the thoughts of the mephitic Marxists that sully this board, I am reminded of something Rush once said.
“Now, what is the left’s worldview in general? What is it? If you had to attach not a philosophy but an attitude to a leftist worldview, it’s one of pessimism and darkness, sadness. They’re never happy, are they? They’re always angry about something. No matter what they get, they’re always angry.”
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:38 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:38 pm
Reading some of the thoughts of the mephitic Marxists that sully this board, I am reminded of something Rush once said.
“Now, what is the left’s worldview in general? What is it? If you had to attach not a philosophy but an attitude to a leftist worldview, it’s one of pessimism and darkness, sadness. They’re never happy, are they? They’re always angry about something. No matter what they get, they’re always angry.”
That sounds just like... oh forget it. You’ll get mad about that too.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:51 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:38 pm

I remember when he said, “The coronavirus is the common cold, folks.”
The censorship king from out of state.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:55 pm

Never cared for Rush, but the man was a legend, and for better or for worse, changed talk radio and helped make it popular for decades. Many of his affiliates carried the show for years and those stations will have big shoes to fill.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:57 pm

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:58 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:51 pm
I remember when he said, “The coronavirus is the common cold, folks.”
Well, yeah. He wasn't (technically) wrong about that. Thanks to China's misinformation, the actual experts were telling us a year ago at this time that it wasn't being spread person-to-person too and thus masking wasn't needed.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/general ... ation.html
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:50 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:57 pm
It's almost like he was looking in a mirror...

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:12 pm

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:53 pm

You should dig up some of the bile he was spewing during the AIDS crisis...

Just askin' those who think he was an A-OK swell person, what is it that you find admirable about him? Why were you entertained, enlightened or whatever it was that kept you tuned in? Was it the hate? The mocking of people unable to defend themselves against 500,000,000,000 watts of RF energy off a blowtorch tower? The entitled dismissal of women and minorities? Maybe it was just the shitty spitefulness of anyone or anything that didn't conform to his wealthy white man conservative world? I'd really like it spelled out. What was it that got y'all hot and bothered and gave you a stiffy about this drug fueled hatemonger?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:59 pm

He's part of the reason we have Trump. The fake news started with him. He blinded so many people, including my brother and me when we were younger. RIP dittohead.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic