Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer has copied Cuomo's nursing home policy

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Whitmer has copied Cuomo's nursing home policy

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:54 pm

Has anyone in the Lansing media considered doing a deep dive to see if Whitmer pulled the same nonsense that Cuomo did?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Re: Whitmer has copied Cuomo's nursing home policy

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:11 pm

Our state media is so deep into licking her boots that there's not a chance.

(side note, I've wondered the same thing myself. She might be getting a bit nervous right about now).

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:32 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:11 pm
Our state media is so deep into licking her boots that there's not a chance.

(side note, I've wondered the same thing myself. She might be getting a bit nervous right about now).
Yeah, the Lansing reference was mainly rhetorical. If someone wanted to look, THIS joint statement from September might be a significant cookie crumb: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/govern ... tion-trump

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:45 pm

I believe she probably did. There was no direction from our federal government so it left Governors to work together to find solutions.

States don't have the resources like the National Institutes of Health and the CDC. And when you have a largely dysfunctional administration who is not putting the best resources towards fighting a pandemic you don't end up with less than perfect outcomes.

Like it or not but any problems the state's faced were in direct result of a lack of a national policy.

What would you have wanted to see Matt? all you seem to do is complain about it.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:42 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:45 pm
I believe she probably did. There was no direction from our federal government so it left Governors to work together to find solutions.

States don't have the resources like the National Institutes of Health and the CDC. And when you have a largely dysfunctional administration who is not putting the best resources towards fighting a pandemic you don't end up with less than perfect outcomes.

Like it or not but any problems the state's faced were in direct result of a lack of a national policy.

What would you have wanted to see Matt? all you seem to do is complain about it.
I actually think the Trump Administration did a great job of clearing the hurdles for the vaccines to be developed and kick off the actual vaccination effort. Obviously, that is balanced against an abysmal messaging campaign throughout a lot of the pandemic. Personally, I think that if Trump had handled that part better, he'd still be in office. Kimberly Strasser had an interesting (as per usual) column this week in the WSJ:
Handling a pandemic is hard work. Lucky for Joe Biden, he’s discovering his predecessor did most of the heavy lifting.

Mr. Biden ran on two big promises. One was national unity, which he has redefined as Republicans agreeing to his agenda. The other was to “get control of the virus that’s ruined so many lives”—enabled, he says, by the Trump administration and “the worst performance of any nation on earth.” He would do this by “finally” imposing “a plan” to get the economy running, schools open, vaccines distributed.

The new administration has spent every minute talking coronavirus. Yet 90% of its energy has gone to trashing its predecessor and resetting expectations, not to any sweeping policy change. Logistically, it would seem Mr. Biden inherited a fine plan after all. In the few areas where he might actually force improvement—notably reopening schools—the president has whiffed.

On the top priorities, vaccine production and distribution, Mr. Biden continues to pretend he had to start from scratch. This week he accused the Trump administration of misleading his team about the amount of “vaccine available.” How so? The prior administration started placing bets on vaccine candidates last summer, helping companies manufacture them before clinical trials were complete. By December, two vaccines, from Pfizer and Moderna, had panned out, and officials had announced that a total of 400 million doses would be delivered by summer.

The Biden administration has made little change to the vaccine-production plan; there’s nothing much to be done. It made hay of its early decision to order 200 million more doses. But the deal won’t accelerate the pace of production and may prove unnecessary as other vaccines become available sooner. The administration also crowed that it is invoking the Defense Production Act, ordering suppliers to prioritize Pfizer’s demand for raw materials. A good sound bite, though unnecessary. The Trump administration already provided Pfizer priority with a deal in December.

The new administration has made no real changes to vaccine distribution either, relying on the sweeping logistical network already in place. Team Biden did inject racial politics into distribution, announcing this week it would increase “equity” by sending more shots directly to community health centers that serve minorities. Yet these allocations will be small at most, given supply. How good was that existing distribution plan? Mr. Biden within a week of taking office had to revise his “100 million shots in 100 days,” given the states had already outpaced it.

The point here with the comparison of Cuomo and Whitmer is the suggestion that the Whitmer Administration may have also underreported nursing home numbers.
Last edited by Matt on Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:55 pm

I could have done a lot better than Whitmer, just using common sense.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:53 am

I wonder if Whitmer will have press availability this week. If so, will the Whitmer cheerleaders ask the tough question? We know she won't answer...

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:20 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:55 pm
I could have done a lot better than Whitmer, just using common sense.
uhh from what i know about your approach to health and wellness, you would have been requiring young girls to show their hymens and only rewards those still in-tact with a vac... oh yeah... anti-vaxxer.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:24 pm

Completely untrue!

I guess you support putting Covid positive patients in the the most vulnerable...niiiiice!

I didn't need much more than common sense to know that was a really BAD idea.

PS I was FIRST here to support use of N95+ masks while Fauci was poo-poo'ing it. Common sense.
Last edited by audiophile on Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:48 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:24 pm
Completely untrue!

I guess you support putting Covid positive patients in the the most vulnerable...niiiiice!

I didn't much more than common sense to know the was a really BAD idea.

PS I FIRST here to support use of N95+ masks while Fauci was poo-poo'ing it. Common sense.
you only reward hymens with Ford Mustangs then?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:49 am

The press corps in Lansing in this state has been pathetic for years. They gave Granholm a free pass, Snyder a free pass (until Snyder himself finally acknowledged there were problems in Flint) and now Whitmer a free pass.

If someone drops a tape in their lap of a Republican pol making a controversial remark, then they are all over it like flies on shit. Why? Simple. Takes minimal thought, minimal work, and makes "the other side" look bad.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:58 am

Unfortunately. I have a feeling you are right.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:23 am

Andy is under federal investigation - investigators need to check into Whitmer as well.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:47 pm

Yeah, Mr. Cuomo's stock sure has plummeted, hasn't it?

National media willfully ignored his past transgressions for reasons that should be obvious to everyone.

Cuomo is a crappy Governor and probably a sleazy guy. A total phony who never deserved the praise heaped upon him.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:36 am

Several nights ago, I happened to catch the 6:30 evening news on ABC. They made very brief mention of Cuomo (maybe 30 seconds), simply stating factually that he was under investigation. Then right after that, they launched into at least a 4-minute piece on the 7 Republicans who voted to convict Trump and how Trump needs to still be held accountable. The way the left-leaning media circles the wagons to protect their own while every single night beating Trump's various dead horses is quite amusing to watch.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic