Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer has copied Cuomo's nursing home policy

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Whitmer has copied Cuomo's nursing home policy

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:09 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:36 am
Several nights ago, I happened to catch the 6:30 evening news on ABC. They made very brief mention of Cuomo (maybe 30 seconds), simply stating factually that he was under investigation. Then right after that, they launched into at least a 4-minute piece on the 7 Republicans who voted to convict Trump and how Trump needs to still be held accountable. The way the left-leaning media circles the wagons to protect their own while every single night beating Trump's various dead horses is quite amusing to watch.
If the Capital thing is a dead horse then why did Benghazi and Hillary’s emails get dragged out for literally years after they were dead horses? Your hypocrisy here is stunning.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:44 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:47 pm
Yeah, Mr. Cuomo's stock sure has plummeted, hasn't it?

National media willfully ignored his past transgressions for reasons that should be obvious to everyone.

Cuomo is a crappy Governor and probably a sleazy guy. A total phony who never deserved the praise heaped upon him.
He's also lawyer.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:30 pm

Several nights ago, I happened to catch the 6:30 evening news on ABC. They made very brief mention of Cuomo (maybe 30 seconds), simply stating factually that he was under investigation. Then right after that, they launched into at least a 4-minute piece on the 7 Republicans who voted to convict Trump and how Trump needs to still be held accountable. The way the left-leaning media circles the wagons to protect their own while every single night beating Trump's various dead horses is quite amusing to watch.
A 4-minute long news report on ABC World News Tonight? Wow - that's a first.

Almost all of their "stories" are hardly more than 30 second sound bites. It's a pretty pitiful newscast.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:43 pm

Maybe it was 3 minutes...I didn't time it. It was significant in length though. They spoke with multiple people on camera and played multiple clips of various Republicans speaking. I just remember the Cuomo story got barely a passing mention and then this was next, reported in great detail.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:07 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:43 pm
Maybe it was 3 minutes...I didn't time it. It was significant in length though. They spoke with multiple people on camera and played multiple clips of various Republicans speaking. I just remember the Cuomo story got barely a passing mention and then this was next, reported in great detail.
One is national and one is local. A story about Cuomo won’t play well in Peoria.

hanson

Post by hanson » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:49 pm

So what would make the state think that nursing homes could take care of Covid patients? Maybe because they have said they comply with isolation protocols to get Medicare and insurance reimbursements. The coroner has determined that was a lie.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:57 am

Interesting: https://redstate.com/tladuke/2021/02/27 ... or-n333899

This echoes a lot of what I have said. Whitmer fanbois to attack the source in 3... 2... 1...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:37 am

Charlie LeDuff is not without his faults, and his shtick on TV on occasion was a little too eccentric for my tastes, but on the whole I've greatly enjoyed his work through the years. He is a bulldog of a journalist who doesn't play favorites.

Fox 2 in Detroit made a GIGANTIC mistake in reigning him in and defunding his work. Still miss his reports on TV. I seldom watch Fox 2 News at 10PM anymore.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:40 am

There are a number of stories about COVID reporting methods of the MDHHS today. This is part of the mop up job the new leader is dealing with.

The MDHHS is pretty dysfunctional and has been for years (since Engler).

I would like to see it revitalized.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:42 pm

T.A. LaDuke...
Radio host on WAAM Radio 1600 A.M. and 92.7 F.M. in Ann Arbor Michigan. Also producing podcasts for fabulous people. You can follow me on the FREE SPEECH platform PARLER ( where I follow back) and over at the non-free speech mess called TWITTER.
I want to believe what the guy wrote but he doesn’t even know what free speech is.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:00 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:40 am
There are a number of stories about COVID reporting methods of the MDHHS today. This is part of the mop up job the new leader is dealing with.

Nice try, but the accountability goes to the top.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:55 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:00 pm
TC Talks wrote:

It does, and it seems like action has been taken to start resolving issues.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:16 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:55 pm
Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:00 pm
TC Talks wrote:

It does, and it seems like action has been taken to start resolving issues.
But what are the issues? They haven't been acknowledged, and there is some evidence to suggest that Michigan copied New York with nursing homes.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:44 pm

You started 18 threads about covid and you don't know what the issues are?

it just seems like you're complaining for the sake of complaining.

Do you think for a minute operating an organization as large as the state of Michigan with as many tricks being thrown at the governor by our Republicans that any Governor would be micromanaging policy?

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:44 pm
You started 18 threads about covid and you don't know what the issues are?

it just seems like you're complaining for the sake of complaining.

Do you think for a minute operating an organization as large as the state of Michigan with as many tricks being thrown at the governor by our Republicans that any Governor would be micromanaging policy?
What tricks exactly? The Republicans don't want a dictatorship. Putting people in nursing homes to die and infect others isn't some low level staffer's call. You know better than that...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic