Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I just don't get it

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

I just don't get it

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:36 am

Maybe I'm too old or too un-woke, but I don't get this. Article in the LA Times today about 2 families that have gotten together and rented a very large house so everybody can have some interaction in a pandemic pod. "Morty Levinson 10, who is nonbinary, and Sasha Knight, 11 who is trangender..." WTF?!? At those ages you know this about yourself?!?

I apologize if I offend anyone here, but can you help me understand?

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Re: I just don't get it

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:39 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:36 am
Maybe I'm too old or too un-woke, but I don't get this. Article in the LA Times today about 2 families that have gotten together and rented a very large house so everybody can have some interaction in a pandemic pod. "Morty Levinson 10, who is nonbinary, and Sasha Knight, 11 who is trangender..." WTF?!? At those ages you know this about yourself?!?

I can't help you. I don't even know what your issue is.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:44 am

Honeyman wrote:

Seems unlikely doesn’t it?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:51 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:44 am
Honeyman wrote:

Seems unlikely doesn’t it?
Very.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:27 pm

My grand daughter, age 14, has a friend who is transitioning from female to male at 14 years old. The friend's parents pointed to the door and said out....My daughter offered a home to stay in while parents and child go to counseling to figure it all out. I have talked with him while visiting and he is a very nice person who is suffering a hurt I cannot imagine because of the situation with the parents. 14 isn't that much older so I guess it is possible.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:33 pm

I would suggest 14 is a different discussion zz adding puberty into the picture.

Your daughter seems like a great soul, you must have done a good job raising her.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:56 pm

Honeyman wrote:

Did you know you liked women when you were at 10 and 11?

How would you feel if you felt trapped in your body and hated yourself every time you went to the bathroom?

Most transgender people fully understand themselves by age 6. This is not unheard of at all! I encourage everyone on this board to watch I am Jazz.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:50 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:56 pm
Honeyman wrote:

How would you feel if you felt trapped in your body and hated yourself every time you went to the bathroom?

Most transgender people fully understand themselves by age 6. This is not unheard of at all! I encourage everyone on this board to watch I am Jazz.
I knew girls existed. Would I know what to do with one? No way. I have my doubts that a 6 year old can look down and say “I hate that thing swinging between my legs”... the thought process must be far more rudimentary at that age.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:56 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:50 pm
Honeyman wrote:

I knew girls existed. Would I know what to do with one? No way. I have my doubts that a 6 year old can look down and say “I hate that thing swinging between my legs”... the thought process must be far more rudimentary at that age.
Happens every day across the world, whether you want to admit it exists or not.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:26 pm

Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:56 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:50 pm
Honeyman wrote:

Happens every day across the world, whether you want to admit it exists or not.
Your hostility is not welcomed, wanted or appreciated. Thanks anyway.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:01 pm

Not hostility, just reality.

Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:35 pm

Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:01 pm
Not hostility, just reality.
It may just be the fact that it’s written but you’re coming off as a complete ass about it...

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:41 pm

Sorry for having transgender friends and caring about their mental and physical health as well their lives.

Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:29 pm

Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:41 pm
Sorry for having transgender friends and caring about their mental and physical health as well their lives.
Calm yourself. Nobody here is gonna do anything to anybody.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:38 pm

Chill, MCRF.

I think a lot of the issues you are seeing come from the lack of understanding, which is why and how I posed the question. What exactly is "non binary"? How does a 10 year old boy identify that way? Yes, when I was a kid, I loved Ann-Margaret and..uh...fantasized accordingly. But this isn't the same world, for a multitude of reasons. Life is hard enough to navigate as a straight male, I sympathize with anyone trying to deal with things if they aren't "among the norm", especially that young. Just trying to figure it out is all.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic